Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc (3478 Views)

Top Secrets Of Sophisticated Real Estate Investors no one Will Tell U / I / The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 04, 2016
My name is Engr.Emmanuel, i work for Power Green Global Engineering Nigeria Limited based in Abuja (www.powergreenengr.com). The company is a wholly dedicated in electrical installations such as Transformer Supplies and Installation, Rural Electrification, Transmission Lines Constructions, Substations Construction, Gantry Construction, High,Medium and Low voltage Panel Construction, Feeder Pillars, Etc
you can contact me through 08180795397, Whats App:08075945250, email:info@powergreenengr.com.
I will start with transformer installations. There are various types of transformers, they are the Distribution transformers, Power transformers, Dry type transformers, special type transformers, substation package transformers, Substation mobile transformers, Instrument Transformers, Pulse transformers, RF transformers etc. I will focus on distribution transformers for now. The first step in any distribution transformer installation is to carry out a load survey analysis. this is done to determine the real and apparent power demands of the property(ies). the real or true power is the power in kilowatts (kw), it is the actual power consumption of the electrical and electronics equipments in your property while the Apparent power is the power in KVA.
The ratio of the real and apparent power is called the power factor.
Before i get carried away, i want to advise every prospective client or customer to always entrust his or her transformer jobs in the hands of proven professionals and to avoid quacks at all time. this is because the quacks have a lot of tricks they employ on clients such as supplying and installing refurbished transformers, undersizing of cables and feeder pillars etc.
it is the KW power that will enable you to calculate the KVA power and remember that distribution transformers are rated in KVAs.i will stop here for today and we will consider how to calculate the kw latter.

1 Like

Re: The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc by whitecloth: 9:52am On Feb 04, 2016
Following you.

1 Like

Re: The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc by bobnazzygon: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
kindly provide a tutorial on cable sizing calculation for HV/LV transformer feeders. A focus on the short circuit condition is of utmost importance. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
princekalani:
My name is Engr.Emmanuel, i work for Power Green Global Engineering Nigeria Limited based in Abuja (www.powergreenengr.com). The company is a wholly dedicated in electrical installations such as Transformer Supplies and Installation, Rural Electrification, Transmission Lines Constructions, Substations Construction, Gantry Construction, High,Medium and Low voltage Panel Construction, Feeder Pillars, Etc
you can contact me through 08180795397, Whats App:08075945250, email:info@powergreenengr.com.
I will start with transformer installations. There are various types of transformers, they are the Distribution transformers, Power transformers, Dry type transformers, special type transformers, substation package transformers, Substation mobile transformers, Instrument Transformers, Pulse transformers, RF transformers etc. I will focus on distribution transformers for now. The first step in any distribution transformer installation is to carry out a load survey analysis. this is done to determine the real and apparent power demands of the property(ies). the real or true power is the power in kilowatts (kw), it is the actual power consumption of the electrical and electronics equipments in your property while the Apparent power is the power in KVA.
The ratio of the real and apparent power is called the power factor.
Before i get carried away, i want to advise every prospective client or customer to always entrust his or her transformer jobs in the hands of proven professionals and to avoid quacks at all time. this is because the quacks have a lot of tricks they employ on clients such as supplying and installing refurbished transformers, undersizing of cables and feeder pillars etc.
it is the KW power that will enable you to calculate the KVA power and remember that distribution transformers are rated in KVAs.i will stop here for today and we will consider how to calculate the kw latter.

Waiting for more of your thread sir.

1 Like

Re: The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
300KVA/33KVA/415V Distribution transformer installed at Golden Sring Estate Abuja. 33KVA Disc Insullators and 4-core 35mm Armored cable.
Digging of Earth pit for a pole mounted 100KVA/33KVA/415V Distribution transformer at Abuja.

Re: The Secrets Of Transformer Installations, Load Calculations,cable Sizing,etc by LearningEngr: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
How about the calculations and sizing?

(1) (Reply)

Christal Villa Gold1, Cheap And Affordable Land In Ibeju Lekki For N800k (video) / *** Short - Lets Apartment In Vi , Ikoyi & Lekki *** / 12 Rooms at Isawo Ikorodu. Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.