Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Using Bee Sting To Cure Ailments Is An Agelong Remedy. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Using Bee Sting To Cure Ailments Is An Agelong Remedy. (674 Views)

Natural Medicine For All Ailments Is In Vogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Using Bee Sting To Cure Ailments Is An Agelong Remedy. by wendixx(f): 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
So, I came across this topic on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/2911820/nigerians-sting-themselves-bees-claiming/1#42611410 about people using bee sting as cure.

And this made me curious. Could it be that they know something we don't know?

So I did a quick google search and found out that the ignorant ones in the picture is "US".

Across the world, bee stings and honey have been used to treat effectively a wide range of ailments and diseases. It is called; APITHERAPY.

Below are some excerpts;

Apitherapy contends that bee venom holds therapeutic value in treating serious illness and that it is a viable alternative to dangerous pharmaceutical drugs that often do not work and have harmful side effects.

It takes advantage of the healing power contained in honeybee venom which helps to alleviate serious conditions like multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and lupus. According to 51-year-old Reyah Carlson of Vermont, a proponent of apitherapy, bee venom helped to treat her Lyme Disease.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/028370_apitherapy_bee_stings.html#ixzz3zCOAdpLO

Here is another account from someone.

In October 2007 in a car accident, my body was thrown around and dragged like a rag doll. I sustained a severe abrasion to my left foot over the great toe, bruises from my waist down on my body, and second-degree abrasion and burns and a hematoma the size of an orange on my right arm.

I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room, where X-rays determined that nothing was broken. The next day my doctor prescribed silver sulfadiazine ointment and Betadine wash. When I said I would be using honey for my burn, he looked at me as if I were crazy; he had never heard of such a thing. I was told that the wound might need skin grafting in a couple of months.

That was not going to happen. Instead, I went home and called Dr. Kochan’s office. Meanwhile, I took charge of my own healing. I washed the burn wound with saline wash, used clean gauze and applied honey to the wound, and wrapped the wound with non-stick wound gauze. For the bruising and swelling, I started taking Arnica montana (a perennial herb) three times a day for about two weeks, together with Bromelia, a pineapple enzyme. Bee pollen, royal jelly, and propolis also became part of my daily routine.

That evening, I received a call from Dr. Kochan’s assistant, Ray, and I recited my homemade treatment. At an appointment the next day, Dr. Kochan checked for infection of the wound and encouraged me to continue the wound dressing of honey on the burns. I did these daily, and Dr. Kochan or Ray examined the healing twice a week. In addition, I received bee stings on my right arm around the hematoma and on my lower back, which had been twisted in the accident and continued to be painful.

All the bruising and swelling subsided in record time: just two weeks. The skin is healed and the color is almost back on my arm. I did not need a skin graft. The abrasion over the ankle took a little more time, but it too healed completely within six weeks—again, no graft needed.

I am enormously grateful to have found apitherapy and honey treatments. I think we should all stock our home cabinets with an extra bottle of honey for emergencies. I keep a supply of honey and any honey products that I can find.

Source: http://www.apitherapy.org/668/how-my-injuries-were-healed-by-bee-stings-and-honey-treatments/
Re: Using Bee Sting To Cure Ailments Is An Agelong Remedy. by gynny(f): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lyme disease symptoms usually appear in stages. Lyme disease is transmitted when you get bitten by an infected black-legged tick, commonly known as a deer tick. Lyme disease can affect both you, your children and also pets. Click on the link below to know more about Lyme disease
http://www.gigihealth.com/lyme-disease-symptoms-what-is-lyme-disease/

(1) (Reply)

Today Is The International Day For Zero Tolerance Of Female Genital Mutilation / Solution To Body Stretch Marks N Skin Spots. / Have You Ever Experinced Swallon Stomach(podging)..share Your Experince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.