Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road (2638 Views)

PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard / Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by Bamidele08: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2009
The Only solution is this,

Look for their children

KILL THEIR MALE CHILD
IMPREGNATE THEIR FEMALE CHILDREN WHEREVER YOU SEE THEM

VERY VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by freezer(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2009
With the Ordeal residents of Lugbe-airportroad and those leaving along Kubwa Expressway and beyond face daily, i see nothing wrong in spending 25billion on road expansion and rehabilitation, besides civil servants and many other low income earners have to work in the Federal Capital, but pulling the money out of education and health budget i no gbadu am at all, why not from state house budget or the House of assembly allocation, that would have been meaningful, if our lawmakers were smart enuf, However isnt it better for them (GOVT) to spend our money on roads that we can see and use than for them to spend it on ambigous health and education projects that will literally filter into their pockets with no results?, hmmmm but our leaders are really insensitive and and dumb asses, where were they when the budget was being prepared?, ddnt they know there was need for this road projects?, too much question, where will the answer come from, bad, dumb, vosionless and corrupt leaders are our problem in nigeria, simple angry lipsrsealed
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by CGKing(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2009
y do ppl call them leaders? Still havent understood dat.
I think opportunists will click better.

I think its time we know how each senator votes, understand there vote patterns etc. we cannot get this by using voice votes. Do what Ken Nnamani did. each and every senator should be made to speak out individually.

Come are u not tired of hearing nonsense? We dont need to hear their bullshit cos thats all they got. You have seen the result: 25bn for road at the expense of education now you want to scrutinize the stupendiou calculations that helped them arrive at the final result? Pls, that will be traumatic. What we need is a complete clean up brother. These olddies' have to been forcefully retired or expired. Can you see Ghana? even though we need a more systematic approach. grin
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by Agbero1: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2009
shocked
CRAZINESS!!!!!

THIS GOVERNMENT IS INDEED A FAILURE. angry

AM OFF TO AMERICAN EMBASY cheesy
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by Nezan(m): 10:34am On Jul 14, 2009
Agbero1:

shocked
CRAZINESS!!!!!

THIS GOVERNMENT IS INDEED A FAILURE. angry

AM OFF TO AMERICAN EMBASY cheesy

For assylum abi? grin grin grin
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by quadrey(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
okay this is just the kind of shit one would expect from a nation of absurds and oddities. but to budget 25 billion for a road and take the money from health and education! Gawd! this country is bleeped.
we still gat one thing to be proud of; we always manage to outdo our former failures and even set records that we strive for a couple of years not to break but always do. naija i dey hail oooo
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by princekevo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2009
When i say the problem of Nigeria are the leaders, Some ignorants will blame the poor masses for it,
Tell me if this is not a total madness for a govt. of a county like Nigeria with no future in education and health, cutting budget from both sectors to build roads, I wonder wht kinda future they are building for tht nation, All Jst for their own conveniences there in Abuja, Wht happens to the roads in other cities? Confused people!!
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by lyraden: 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2009
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by Witi(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
What are we even deliberating on here when we know that all these guys are bunch of rouges with no honor, they don't, even understand the context of good legislation or good governance, all they have in there peanut brain is how to steal, steal and steal. As for me am not baffled at all that they can cut budgets on Education and Health to fund road construction why can't they cut their ambiguous salary.
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by beknown(m): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
I wonder what Abuja would become while other states languish in pain, neglect and poverty.

The government has failed to diversify the Nigeria economy and the result is that everyone is depending on oil money.

The same principle is happening in Abuja. After Abuja, development in other states is non-existent. Every jobseeker want to go to Abuja. If only the government will spread development to other parts of the country, there will be no need for everyone wanting to come to Abuja for better life.

Why should the government develop other parts of the country? It is a calculated attempt to make some people really really poor so that they will become beggars and never become rich. The government do not really want to develop everywhere. How can we differentiate the rich and famous from the common people?

Let the rich be in Abuja and others stay away.
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by sley4life(m): 5:57am On Jul 15, 2009
our politicians are corrupt bastards
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by DoubleN(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2009
sley4life:

our politicians are corrupt bastards
Bastards is an understatement! These guys should be shot while hanging from a tree!Bunch of Scoundrels.
Re: Uproar As Senate Cuts Education, Health Budgets To Fund N25 Billion Abuja Road by tayoast(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2009
The Committee that suggested this anti-people move shd be tried at The Hague.

i'm short of words.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Northen Nigerian Life! / Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family / How Africa's New Urban Centers Are Shifting Its Old Colonial Boundaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.