Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me (1598 Views)

How I Designed A N25000 Website Before Starting Ckdigital - Charles Dairo / Get Abundant Money Visit This Website To Buy Your PHP Script Today / I Nailed It ¶¶ See The Blog I Designed ¶¶ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Angelmichael88: 2:22am On Feb 05, 2016
My name is Kingsley Otuo, 17 years old from Imo State. I finished my secondary school last year and I recently got admission at OAU to study Elect-Elect.
I didn't learn programming anywhere, but with self development and constant indoor training, I succeeded in designing a professional websit. Visit www.CityDrive.com.ng and take a look at my work. I also need support of any kind. You can hire me to design websites, blogs or forums for you. www.Citydrive.com.ng 08148460046

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by naijaking1: 2:44am On Feb 05, 2016
Good job!
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Lordskyes(m): 3:13am On Feb 05, 2016
Angelmichael88:
My name is Kingsley Otuo, 17 years old from Imo State. I finished my secondary school last year and I recently got admission at OAU to study Elect-Elect.
I didn't learn programming anywhere, but with self development and constant indoor training, I succeeded in designing a professional websit. Visit www.CityDrive.com.ng and take a look at my work. I also need support of any kind. You can hire me to design websites, blogs or forums for you. www.Citydrive.com.ng 08148460046

You've got a bright future ahead of you..
Do not be distracted...
Your hustles will pay off some day...
Now at the top right corner of your page you've gotta fix something there... Welcome guest , Logout
Guests are not logged in originally so you've gotta fix that aspect...
Now this is Nigeria , Not everyone rent cars but its pretty good honestly... Less competition!
You could put in same effort and idea on something much more captivating...
You can do it trust me...
And for your age....
You're doing a great job..
Don't stop!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by chriskosherbal(m): 3:17am On Feb 05, 2016
That's a nice work son.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by ziccoit: 6:12am On Feb 05, 2016
Good job. Keep it up.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 05, 2016
Keep it up dude.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Dmayor7(m): 7:28am On Feb 05, 2016
Angelmichael88:

Wow!....

#ClapCLAPclaPcLApinG......
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 05, 2016
Good work but for you to improve you have to be criticised,

Work on the width of your page in CSS, you must have used a Pixel value instead of percentage thus making your page too wide and so users with laptops smaller than what you used to design the site will have to scroll left and right regularly.

Your CSS should be cleaned up, work on a color pattern. On the site i can see blue, wine, black, white even your logo is yellow. Learn to follow design principles since you know how they work.

Page speed is another thing, the website is slow, you can measure the speed of your site on a speedometer (lol, no...use google to check some websites that measure site speed, I think google themselves have a tool for that.) just remove your javascript from your markup, create another file for it...maybe global.js and use external linking for it..

And is anyone really looking at their inspector panel?? that's what you should all be looking at, the method you are using for your slider can be improved too... and your HTML could be shotter with all the long and unnecessary mark up i'm looking at, except if you used a framework or so.. why do you have all your div's classed as containers? these are things you should look into.

That's all i can say, but my extra suggestions are you work on your footer and dude give your sliders a heading or a meaning, No one wants to see cars floating around!

**Note: Next time don't say your age, tell us what you did and we can check it out and give you a thumbs up, You being seventeen doesn't mean you can't even code facebook. (Just saying tho)

** And a big thumbs up for getting that site done, all the way from your pc up to the hosting platform for the world to see.. Many have given up on what you did.. Kudos and i hope you take my advice and work harder!

2 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by demo4ril97(m): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2016
Verily i adore your motive. More grease to your elbow input better efforts.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by donblade855: 10:47am On Feb 05, 2016
When some1 login it still shows "login" "sign up" work on that
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by foxgiovani(m): 11:32am On Feb 05, 2016
Our company Tradot has made it possible for you to earn from your website in different ways. Our platform makes payment possible for you though (1) Perfect Money (2) Western Union (3)Master, visa & Verve Cards and (4) Paypal. YYou can visit https://tradot.com/?ref=gidigbam to register and find out more.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Work on the width of your page in CSS, you must have used a Pixel value instead of percentage thus making your page too wide and so users with laptops smaller than what you used to design the site will have to scroll left and right regularly.

Your CSS should be cleaned up, work on a color pattern. On the site i can see blue, wine, black, white even your logo is yellow. Learn to follow design principles since you know how they work.

Page speed is another thing, the website is slow, you can measure the speed of your site on a speedometer (lol, no...use google to check some websites that measure site speed, I think google themselves have a tool for that.) just remove your javascript from your markup, create another file for it...maybe global.js and use external linking for it..

And is anyone really looking at their inspector panel?? that's what you should all be looking at, the method you are using for your slider can be improved too... and your HTML could be shotter with all the long and unnecessary mark up i'm looking at, except if you used a framework or so.. why do you have all your div's classed as containers? these are things you should look into.

That's all i can say, but my extra suggestions are you work on your footer and dude give your sliders a heading or a meaning, No one wants to see cars floating around!

**Note: Next time don't say your age, tell us what you did and we can check it out and give you a thumbs up, You being seventeen doesn't mean you can't even code facebook. (Just saying tho)

** And a big thumbs up for getting that site done, all the way from your pc up to the hosting platform for the world to see.. Many have given up on what you did.. Kudos and i hope you take my advice and work harder!
You don waka come here again? You dey follow me ni?

1 Like

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
dhtml18:

You don waka come here again? You dey follow me ni?

lol, my eyes are wide...i see you and i see susy too! grin shocked
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by Karleb(m): 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
shocked
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by 0luwatope(m): 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ok, here z mine(18 yrs) my website is all about jokes, funny pictures and interactive games.... Its www.funloaded.xyz am still working on the pc view, the mobile view is awesome, the design and concept will make you sponsor me. I'll always be loyal.....
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by 0luwatope(m): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Jesus.... Those pics, how did you get his codes ??
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by resultcase(m): 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
0luwatope:
Jesus.... Those pics, how did you get his codes ??

He didn't get his code but inspect his elements/view page source....... every modern browser got that.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by ps3o(m): 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
The css design is not responsive enough. But u have tried to make an attempt.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by sisqology(m): 12:09am On Feb 06, 2016
football age? I'm 21 too
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by mubitechnology: 1:41am On Feb 07, 2016
good work dude, keep learning and putting what you learn into practice, try and work on your css
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by midasbliss(f): 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
cute
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by jidez007: 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
We are moving up.
A developer and I made this https://www.nairaland.com/2919190/meet-nigerian-version-wiki-bot
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by OkoyeA1(m): 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
Angelmichael88:
can you help me with some Templates for practice. Thanks here's my mail nickdowney2012@yahoo.com

I just sent u a mail
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me by lakes99: 8:56am On Feb 15, 2016
good job

(1) (Reply)

Block Low Adsense Ads And Make 5$ Per Clicks. / $22 Btc For Sale. / Sell Your Blog To Us (budget $10,000 - $20,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.