Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting (800 Views)

5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by emamos: 7:34am On Feb 05, 2016
The atmosphere preceding yesterday’s monthly meeting of the Osun State Council of Obas was charged.
Reason: There was an argument over the seating arrangement.
The Owa Obokun, Oba Adekunle Aromolaran, did not allow the advance team of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, to place his seat at a vantage position.
The vice-chairman of the council, Oba Aromolaran, allegedly refused to allow the Ife team place the Ooni’s seat in front of him.
The Ooni is the permanent chairman of the council
It was learnt that Oba Aromolaran, who had arrived earlier before Oba Ogunwusi, allegedly stopped the Ooni’s advance team.
It was further learnt that the dress of one of the emissaries (emese) was torn during the “scuffle”.
Theemeseswere said to have insisted on placing the seat in a particular position. They claimed that they were acting on the Ooni’s instruction.
The meeting was postponed indefinitely.
Governor Rauf Aregbesola invited the monarchs to a meeting at the Government House.
It was gathered that Oba Aromolaran left the Government House a few minutes before Oba Ogunwusi arrived.
The Ooni went to visit the Owa at his palace in Ilesa.
Oba Ogunwusi was said to have told Oba Aromolaran that he was not interested in fighting for any position but for peace among Yoruba obas.
The Ooni was also quoted to have said that “you are one of the prominent traditional rulers in Yorubaland and it is in my own interest and that of the larger Yoruba people to relate very well with the Owa”.
“I have just spent about three months on the throne now while you, Owa, have spent about 34 years.
“It is my responsibility to visit you first because you have been on the throne for long
“It has been said by God that I should come and liberate Yorubaland and to ensure peace and unity.
I am not engaging in any leadership supremacy with anybody.”
Owa reportedly told the Ooni that “your visit is a surprise to me and it is the least expected. Now that you have come to show a hand of friendship, I will now join your unity train to unify the Yoruba.”

The Ooni’s Director of Media and Publicity, Moses Olafare, said the Ooni’s position as the council’s permanent chairman was incontrovertible.
Olafare said: “Ooni would not want to be drawn into what happened.
“But he (Ooni) remains the permanent chairman according to law.
“The issue of who becomes the chairman is a creation of law and can only be reversed by law.
“Whoever is not satisfied with the arrangement should either go to court or the House of Assembly and seek a review of the law.”
lalasticlala,obinoscopy
http://thenationonlineng.net/ooni-owa-battle-at-osun-monarchs-meeting/
Re: Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by emamos: 7:34am On Feb 05, 2016
.What a peace loving king
Re: Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by HungerBAD: 7:38am On Feb 05, 2016
Hehehehehehe.

This Owa King wants to pick a fight with his Son's mate?

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by HERSLEY(f): 7:39am On Feb 05, 2016
hmmm
Re: Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by emamos: 7:43am On Feb 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Hehehehehehe.
somtin lyk dat
Re: Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by espn(m): 8:02am On Feb 05, 2016
Age has nothing to do with maturity..The OWA is a misfit t for that position and throne.

Who God has blessed..beefing the young man because he's richer and more popular!
Re: Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by wordcat(m): 8:12am On Feb 05, 2016
Oba Adekunle should remember that he became the Owa or King not because he's the oldest or the most educated among his people but because the law(maybe thru inheritance) permits him. If the law says that the Ooni is the permanent Chairman of the council, Let him ( Oba Adekunle) not be against the law that also made him.

Inferiority/ low self-esteem is the only thing that can make a man to pick up a fight where this is none.
Re: Ooni, Owa Battle At Osun Monarchs’ Meeting by absoluteSuccess: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Hehehehehehe.

Will the Ooni see Aromolaran as his royal father mate?

It is a fight for historical integrity, an entity is trying to cast off external control at its wake.

This is a 'father figure' fight, not age bracket fight. Is Ooni moving to be king of Yoruba kings?

Try explore Owa Obokun's position and then understand both angles.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ooni Of Ife At Newark Museum, Essex County Hall Of Records In USA / PHOTOS: Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Attend Golf Tournament In The US / Weird? See The Crazy Things Nigerians Do In The Name Of Celebration (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.