Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi (2342 Views)

Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Prepare Spicy Nkwobi (cow Foot Sauce) / Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi by kiakiagas: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
This particular delicacy stands out among other Nigerian foods, it is made at home and also inmost Nigerian restaurants.
"Nkwobi", asaddressed by the Igbos (a popular Nigeria ethnic group) is often made and eaten in the evening in most popular Nigerian bars and restaurant. It is improper to eat this delicious meal in the
morning or afternoon. Here is a detailed how-to manual on how to prepare Nkwobi.

Nkwobi could be made from almost any kind of meat in Nigeria. We have goat meat, cow tail,
chicken, turkey and bush meat nkwobi, different kinds of bush meats could be used in making nkwobi which includes grass-cutter, antelope, rabbit and even squirrel in some cases.

Ingredients for Nkwobi (serving: 5 persons)
1. Meat of choice (chicken, turkey, bush meat, cow tail etc) | 2KG
2. 2 bulbs of onions
3. 2 cubes of maggi
4. Ugba (2 to 3 bunch)
5. Slized utazi leaves (a handful) (ehu 2 seeds (blend it)
6. Palm oil (about 10cl)
7. Akanwu powder (edible potash) half spoon full
8. Salt and pepper to taste

Preparations
1. Parboil the meat with every necessary ingredients (1 cube of maggi, salt, 1 bulb of
onions, curry, thyme and other condiments of choice). add more water and cook till the meat
is tender enough for consumption.

2. Pick out the meat from the pot when it is almost dried (allow the meat to get dried so the ingredients would stick to it).

3. Dissolve the akanwu (potash) in a cup of water and filter into a pot or mortar. a small mortar
is used traditionally to make nkwobi in Nigeria but a pot is also permitted if you can't get a
mortar.

4. Add about 10cl of red oil and stir to get a yellowish thick solution.

5. Add a cube of maggi.

6. Add salt/pepper and ground ehu

7.Add the ugba and stir vigorously

8.Pick out the hot meat that is still cooking, allow to cool off before adding to the entire solution
stir very well, then taste and add more salt/ pepper till it is as tasteful as you desire.

9. Sprinkle the sliced utazi/onions at the top as you dish out in plates

You just made a delicious nkwobi, one of Nigeria's most popular evening recipes Nkwobi is
served alone in Nigerian bars and restaurant with drinks of all kind, also try cooked white yam its a very interesting combination, ‪

For more information call/whatsapp our business development team: 09060325773

OR send us a mail at: gaspreneur@kiakiagas.com

Re: Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi by tolugar: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
That pic says it all.

TGIF

I'll just follow the path of that onion.

1 Like

Re: Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi by kiakiagas: 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2016
tolugar:
That pic says it all.

TGIF

I'll just follow the path of that onion.

Yes that path leads to happiness just like the way buying cooking gas is convenient with us @kiakiagas.com

Re: Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
It surprises me how easy a lot of Nigerian meals are to prepare.
Hmmm, I remember my NYSC camp days. For three full weeks I consumed nkwobi every evening. I miss those days immensely.
Re: Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi by millhouse: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
Please I need this
Re: Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi by kiakiagas: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
millhouse:
Please I need this

(1) (Reply)

Fried Fish Palm Oil Stew / Ever Seen Strange Objects In Your Bottle? / How To Cook Nigerian Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.