Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,987 members, 7,866,713 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

How Can One Become An Athelete For Nigeria? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Can One Become An Athelete For Nigeria? (410 Views)

Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS / Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons / Playing For Nigeria Cost Mikel Chelsea Place – Dimeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Become An Athelete For Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
Good day my great people. I am thinking of running long distance for Nigeria, but I don't know how to go about it. I mean, going for 'All African Games', 'Olympics' and stuff like that. I am good with 800 meters races. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Can One Become An Athelete For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
What time can you run for 800m?
Are you based in Nigeria?

I suppose if you could join an top athletics club in the country and compete for them, you can then try and post some fast times that could catch the selectors eyes, and you may then get entrance to the Olympic trials.

I am guessing if you could run 800m in less than 1min 50sec, you may stand a chance.
kay29000:
Good day my great people. I am thinking of running long distance for Nigeria, but I don't know how to go about it. I mean, going for 'All African Games', 'Olympics' and stuff like that. I am good with 800 meters races. Thanks in advance.
Ate
Re: How Can One Become An Athelete For Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
What time can you run for 800m?
Are you based in Nigeria?

I suppose if you could join an top athletics club in the country and compete for them, you can then try and post some fast times that could catch the selectors eyes, and you may then get entrance to the Olympic trials.

I am guessing if you could run 800m in less than 1min 50sec, you may stand a chance.
Ate

Okay. Thanks for this response.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Happy That I Am Jobless – Mourinho / Help!!!! My Younger Bro Wants To Play Football / I Lose My Fucking Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.