Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! (52472 Views)

The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) / Panic As Mysterious Beast Kills Animals In Delta State Community. Graphic Photos / The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
cedar3:
Been following dis tread and it's been exciting. Pls, since u r also into fish breeding, hw do u prevent ur hatchlings from dieing? Wot kind of net do u use for d incubation and d type of water source u use. I did some last week, they hatched but all died, very painful.
Many thanks for your following.Your questions may have appeared simple but they are technical.First of all,let me admit that only GOD, the Omniscient,is the Expert in fish breading!Don't be deceived, every breeder has their own challenges especially breeders with little experience.Maybe l should start by saying that l use kakabans and not net for breeding.Secondly,l use well water and to prevent hatchlings from dying involves so many precautions and management work.One can learn them if one learn properly.However,we can still talk gradually if you are patient because it's long long story.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by aiotaq: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
You can now post your enquiries about agriculture at www.inat.com.ng
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by aiotaq: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
You can now post your enquiries about agriculture at www.inat.com.ng
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by thymm50(m): 7:42am On Jun 11, 2016
My bunnies delivered by GlorytoGod, settling down in their new home

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by Afeezoladapo(m): 8:59am On Jun 11, 2016
U're well done OP. but what about dia feed & feeding?
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
thymm50:
My bunnies delivered by GlorytoGod, settling down in their new home
Thanks a lot bro for taking good care of them.May the good Lord bless the work of our hands.Amen.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
Afeezoladapo:
U're well done OP. but what about dia feed & feeding?
I have written a bit about feeding before; you can always take your time to go through all the posts.Meanwhile ask specific questions and l will answer them all.Thank you sir.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by Afeezoladapo(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2016
GlorytoGod:
I have written a bit about feeding before; you can always take your time to go through all the posts.Meanwhile ask specific questions and l will answer them all.Thank you sir.
Tanx! I've seen it. but I meant what kind of leaf and feed do u use in feeding?
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by bizz(m): 9:07am On Jun 12, 2016
add me to whatsapp group 08066431077
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by Bigjay2(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pls add me to the rabbit group 08086075040
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by horlams: 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
Kindly add me to the group 08130884044.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by thirdi(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Add me to rabbit group I also want to buy some. 08120710841
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
Afeezoladapo:

Tanx! I've seen it. but I meant what kind of leaf and feed do u use in feeding?
only ipomoea betatas or ipomoea aquatica or a combination of the two is good enough.Meanwhile,one could do a concentrate and mix with palm fronds at ratio 1:1

1 Like

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 5:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Good rabbit leaves plus pics.
no 1: lpomoea aquatica a.k.a water spinach

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by Afeezoladapo(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2016
GlorytoGod:
Good rabbit leaves plus pics.
no 1: lpomoea aquatica a.k.a water spinach
tanx for d pix!
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by BABAAGBALABA: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
pls add me to the whatsapp group
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by aiotaq: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
There are many agricultural interest groups associated with INAT. Join and ask question related to your interest at www.inat.com.ng
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
(Ipomoea aquatica) is a semiaquatic, tropical plant that flourishes naturally in water and moist soil. Kangkong is an edible plant harvested as a leaf vegetable. Kangkong thrives in tropical and subtropical regions and is more commonly found in Southeast Asian countries.
Kangkong can grow rapidly spreading through waterways forming floating mats that can block water flow and passage of small water crafts. The USDA categorized kangkong as a “noxius weed” and is included in prohibited aquatic plant list.
Kangkong is a herbaceous trailing shiny vine with milky sap. The stems are hollow, rooting at nodes, usually found trailing in moist soil or floating in aquatic locations. Kangkong leaves are alternate, simple, in the shape of arrow heads about 3–14 cm (1–6 in) long. The hollow vines float on water and the leaves are held above the water line.
Kangkong bears trumpet like flowers whose petals are white or pink-lilac with mauve color at the center. Kangkong has oval or spherical seed pods that contains 1 to 4 gray seeds which may be used forplanting.
In Southeast Asian region, kangkong is a popular leaf vegetable and can be found in most Southeast Asian cuisines. Young shoots can be eaten raw as in salads or cooked with other vegetables, spices and meat.
Kangkong is a good source of amino acids, calcium, iron, vitamins B and C.
Kangkong Herbal Medicine- Health Benefits
Kangkong buds, used as poultice to treat skin diseases such as ringworm, athletes footetc,
Kangkong is used to promote vomiting in poisoning.
Kangkong juice mixed with water are used as cold compress to treat fever.
Juice from boiled kangkong is used to loosen constipation.
Kangkong is also used to treat intestinal worm infestation.
In Indian Ayurveda Medicine, kangkong is used to treat jaundice and liver problems.
Kangkong leaves are used to treat diabetes in pregnant women.
Kangkong is also used as a sedative to promote relaxation and sleep.
Kangkong, ScientificStudies - MedicalUses
Benefits of Kangkong for Diabetes
A study conducted in Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, India reported that by administering powdered kangkong supplements to pregnant rats, both the mother and the fetus exhibited an increased resistance in diabetes induced oxidative stress versus a control group. The results suggest that kangkong supplementation during pregnancy may provide beneficial effects against diabetes induced oxidative stress both forthe mother and the fetus.(Journal of Diabetes. March 2013: Dietary supplementation with Ipomoea aquatica attenuates maternal and fetaloxidative stress in streptozotocin-diabetic rats)
Beneficial Effects of Kangkong Against Liver Disease
The Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Malaya in Malaysia conducted a study on the protective action of kangkong against thioacetamide-induced hepatotoxicity in rats to determine if kangkong can indeed help treat jaundice. An ethanol extract of kangkong has been administered to rats subjected to liver damage by thioacetamide. Results had shown that the rats when compared to a control group showed resistance against liver lesions, cell necrosis and inflammation. The study further suggests that the protective effectof kangkong extract in chemical-induced liver damage might be contributed to its modulation on detoxification enzymes and its antioxidant and free radical scavenger effects. Moreover, it confirms a scientific basis for the traditional use of kangkong forthe treatment of liver disorders. (Molecules. 2012: Ipomoea aquatica extract shows protective action against thioacetamide-induced hepatotoxicity)
Kangkong Side Effects, Cautions And Warnings
Kangkong is an edible vegetable considered safe for human and animal consumption.
Kangkong when eaten raw may transmit Fasciolopsis buski, an intestinal fluke parasite of humans and pigs, causing fasciolopsiasis.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding : Kangkong is considered safe even for pregnant women and breast feeding mothers. Kangkong is actually used to treat diabetes during pregnancy.
Diabetes : Kangkong might have a side effectof lowering the blood sugar levels. Caution is advised if you taking diabetes medicine.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2016
No 2. Ipomoea batatas (sweet potato vine/leaves.): This plant is a herbaceous perennial vine, bearing alternate heart-shaped or palmately lobed leaves and medium-sized sympetalous
flowers. The edible tuberous root is long and tapered, with a smooth skin whose color ranges between yellow, orange, red, brown, purple, and beige. Its flesh ranges from beige through white, red, pink, violet, yellow, orange, and purple. Sweet potato varieties with white or pale yellow flesh are less sweet and moist than those with red, pink or orange.lt is a popular plant that almost everybody knows.

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2016
more pics...

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2016
and...

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by BABAAGBALABA: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2016
GlorytoGod:
and...
pls add us to the whatsapp group now
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by BABAAGBALABA: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2016
GlorytoGod:
and...
pls add us to the whatsapp group
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GiggsTk(m): 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
Please, at weaning do you separate the sexes or just keep them together in a large space?.
A good job you're doing sir, it's beautiful, God bless.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
GiggsTk:
Please, at weaning do you separate the sexes or just keep them together in a large space?.
A good job you're doing sir, it's beautiful, God bless.
One can let them be together as long as the space is big enough,whether cage or open space.They can always be together until the males are sexually mature and start competing for females.

1 Like

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by AmazingSolutnz(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice job you are doing posting these tips.
Can you drop a picture of your recommended pen/cage?
Also, would they do well on other feeds alone- apart from those leaves you mentioned as I may not have access to those leaves.
Thank you.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by AGROFRESH(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hi just got to see you.am a new rabbit farmer pls add me on the rabbit group on WhatsApp my no 08065656538
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by AGROFRESH(m): 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Pls I need information about how to purchase the rabbit nipple drinker.what location are you?
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by JeRit: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by HeGeMon(m): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Good day Op! Wow u r doing a great job,been overlooking this thread, for a very long time, till last week. & I am very impressed @ ur progress. pls I am gradually opening a live stock farm here in its mostly a cold place, I will like to knw what it will cost for me to get 2 families of ur best breed that are highly disease resistant & highly reproductive, as for vegetables & feeding, that's not a problem because vegetables here are like grass on the floor& lastly can my order be delivered to ? God bless, anticipating, ur reply. Thank you.
Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
HeGeMon:
Good day Op! Wow u r doing a great job,been overlooking this thread, for a very long time, till last week. & I am very impressed @ ur progress. pls I am gradually opening a live stock farm here in Jos, its mostly a cold place, I will like to knw what it will cost for me to get 2 families of ur best breed that are highly disease resistant & highly reproductive, as for vegetables & feeding, that's not a problem because vegetables here are like grass on the floor& lastly can my order be delivered to Jos? God bless, anticipating, ur reply. Thank you.
Well, like l have written before, a family of two females and one male ,goes for only N4,000. ln addition,you are to pay N500 per family as processing fee and yes,we can send to Jos.

1 Like

Re: The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!! by GlorytoGod: 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
Be CHALLENGED!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos / 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.