Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,876 members, 7,862,938 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:32 AM

Femi Otedola's Daughters Make Front Page News On Dailymail UK Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Otedola's Daughters Make Front Page News On Dailymail UK Today (1126 Views)

The Rich Kids Of Nigeria: Dailymail UK Lists E-Money, Davido, Others / Aliko Dangote Attends Femi Otedola's Daughters' Fashion & Music Event In London / Nigerians Come Blast Otedola Daughters For What They Said On Dailymail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Otedola's Daughters Make Front Page News On Dailymail UK Today by obiremy: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
They made it! The Otedola sisters are no longer 'naija famous'. They are officially worldwide celebs.

The pair of DJ Cuppy (Florence Otedola) and fashion blogger Temi Otedola, made front page headlines on DailyMail.co.uk , today.

Trips to Paris Fashion Week, hobnobbing with Valentino and helping out with styling at Oscar de la Renta - sounds like all the trappings of a celebrity lifestyle.

But it's all in a day's work for Lagos-born Temi Otedola, 19, the daughter of one of Nigeria's richest men. Born in London, she returned to Nigeria for the first seven years of her life before coming back to attend boarding school, and is now settled in the capital. 

Temi's is the youngest daughter of energy tycoon Femi Otedola - worth an estimated £650million.He was listed as the 16th richest man in Africa by Forbes in 2015, and in Nigeria, where money is measured in dollars, he's referred to as a billionaire - with a fortune of $1.57billion.

But Temi insists that despite her family's wealth, her father and mother Nana have never spoiled her or her brother Fewa and two older sisters Florence and Christine, and is determined to prove herself on her own merits.

"We were brought up knowing all the success and money my father has made is his and we have to work for ourselves,' Temi told FEMAIL.

"We've definitely had that instilled in us. He might be bluffing but we certainly take him at face value. Anyway, we would not feel very good about ourselves just living off him."

While her father is currently supporting her as she studies for a degree in art history at University College London, Temi hopes to become independent by making a success of a career in fashion and has set up her own style blog JTO Fashion. 

She picks up inspiration by travelling to Paris and Milan for fashion week, listing Balenciaga, Marni and Valentino as her preferred fashion shows, and shares photos of her adventures with her 13,500 Instagram followers.

"I tend to go out only about twice a month and Cirque and Libertine are my favourite bars in London. But I'd rather go to Paris for the weekend and go to a few shows."

"My favourite fashion moment was probably last summer when I attended the Valentino Haute Couture show in Rome for three days," she recalled.

"My sister Florence and I were invited. It was an unforgettable trip including a private tour of the Vatican and meeting Mr Valentino himself at dinner the night before the Haute Couture show.

"It was a completely surreal moment because I've absolutely adored his line even before the creative directors Maria Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli were at the helm. 

"We were just talking about the whole experience and the upcoming show and he struck me as being extremely elegant and kind in his manner. He was really, really lovely."

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/femi-otedolas-daughters-make-front-page.html

Re: Femi Otedola's Daughters Make Front Page News On Dailymail UK Today by obiremy: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2016

Re: Femi Otedola's Daughters Make Front Page News On Dailymail UK Today by INTROVERT(f): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Good for them.
Re: Femi Otedola's Daughters Make Front Page News On Dailymail UK Today by Truepee(m): 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
Okay
Re: Femi Otedola's Daughters Make Front Page News On Dailymail UK Today by osesology(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
Like zeriously? zhat's good.

(1) (Reply)

Jennifer Obi, Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria Makes A Case O Modelling Agencies / Toyin Aimakhu’s Ex-husband, Adeniyi Johnson Shows Off His New Girlfriend / Photos: Flavour Holds Thanksgiving Service In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.