Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles (980 Views)

Sneijder To Take Pay Cut To Join Man United / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2006
http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/story7480.html

In a block-buster exclusive by KICK OFF Editor Samm Audu, former England World Cup manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has said he is willing to take a massive pay cut so as to handle the Super Eagles.

Eriksson has already spoken with Sports Minister Bal Ka'oje about his interest.

Another scoop by KICK OFF is the fresh battle by a Brazilian club to get Obinna Nsofor to pay them a whooping 20 million US dollars for breach of contract.

Do you believe any of this?, It will be a huge step for us though, very huge!
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by nosa101(f): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2006
He said he was intrested in the Newcastle job so it's a lie
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by kitaun(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2006
Never! What do we need him for? I will always prefer a Dutch coach, moreso i doubt his technical capability of late
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2006
England didn't lose much under him, they already have 2 dissapointing results under McClaren.
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by nosa101(f): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2006
kitaun:

Never! What do we need him for? I will always prefer a Dutch coach, moreso i doubt his technical capability of late
Three straight quarterfinals. Not bad if you ask me. In that period we have not gone past the group stage, come third in 2 relatively easy tournamens considering the opposition and not qualified for the WC.
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by kitaun(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2006
What a way to compare? are you comparing England to Nigeria or Ericsson and Eguavoen in terms of anything? U guys have started again o!
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by IroroRoyal(f): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2006
undecided undecided
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by nosa101(f): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2006
Former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has reportedly had discussions with officials with a view to taking over as Nigeria's national team coach.

Tord Grip, assistant to the Swede during his time with England, said Eriksson had talks 10 days ago.

"I don't know exactly what those discussions were about. I assume they were about the Nigerian national team," Grip told Swedish Radio.

Eriksson was linked with West Ham and Newcastle but denied both reports.

Meanwhile, there has also been speculation of a return to Benfica and a move to Inter Milan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6106554.stm
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by LoverBwoy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2006
hmm i bet they [BBC] got the information from this site

Sven will have to take a pay cut regardless of where he goes now becuase England paid him too much !! threw in some bonuses too 2 ssexy ladies Faria and Ulrika! cheesy

I dont think he will really want the job though, he probbaly wont see his pay check till after 9months like the current coach or like the former coach of Ocean boys.

Apart from coaching the Eagles, he'll have to get used to arranging visas for players, booking hotels, begging for money from the FA and anybody that wants to take pictures with oyinbo!

We dont need a foreign coach we NEED Foreign NFA personnel that do their job!!

Can anyone provide statistic for the number of games nigeria has played under the current coach,how many theyve lost and drawn.
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by justkunmi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2006
if any of these talks about ericsson is true, then we might be seeing the revolution we've been waitin for. but dont get excited yet until things get clear, lipsrsealed
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by CrazyMan(m): 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2006
Hummm
I don't think Nigeria is ready to higher a foreign coach, because the last time i checked on the news, they were saying something like we are keeping Eguveoun.

so this Eriksson stuff, i don't know what it's all about. undecided
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by justkunmi(m): 5:47pm On Nov 01, 2006
wat i heard was we'll be hiring westerhof. dunno much
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by CrazyMan(m): 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2006
No
we don't westerhorf for now,
co's i don't think he will be the answer to our prayers.

Nigeria needs someone whose exposed.
someone like Lippi, Fergusen, Wenger.

exposed coaches that can deliver.
not all these hungry "oyibo men"
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by donmayor(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2006
Ericsson is far better than wat we have now and if he is gonna take a pay cut then let's hire him. Do you think we can afford the likes of Ferguson and co? Be realistic, this is Nigeria, 6th largest producer of oil but one of the most poorest countries around
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by nosa101(f): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2006
SAF will only manage Scotchcrap
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by justkunmi(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2006
where in heavens do u want to get the money to pay fergie or lippi?? we couldn't even pay bryan robson and the poor man left us with out problem we need a foreign NFA chairman, -----then a foreign coach
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by CrazyMan(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2006
@Justkunmi
Nigeria has the money to pay those people.
it's just that if the NFA is willing to splash it, we will get the desired result.
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by donmayor(m): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2006
@crazykid
Wat money do u say NFA is willing to splash? They don't have the money, forget it. Nigeria has money but not NFA
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by CrazyMan(m): 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2006
@Donmayor
you and i know very much that there is money in this country.
so is Sani Lulu (The NFA chairman) wants our football to attain greater heights, they must spend that money.
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by justkunmi(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2006
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by amodu(m): 10:14am On Nov 02, 2006
Which one should we believe now, bbc said he has been linked with NIgeria Espn says is just to fill paper.
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by justkunmi(m): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2006
anything that has nigeria's name attached to it always bring confusions.--dunno why. maybe we're jazzed or sumthin. the people at the glass house should be shot
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by CrazyMan(m): 12:28pm On Nov 02, 2006
Humm
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by LoverBwoy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2006
Can anyone provide statistic for the number of games nigeria has played under the current coach,how many theyve lost and drawn.
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by Grizzly(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2006
I dont think erikkson is taking up any job, just hear what he has to say.

[b]Sven Goran Eriksson's agent has again been forced to reject talk that has suggested his client has agreed a return to management.

Athole Still appears to be one of the busiest agents in world football at present, having earlier this week rubbished speculation that had suggested Eriksson was hankering after Glenn Roeder's job at Newcastle.

Eriksson's former assistant Tord Grip is the man responsible for sparking off this latest bout of speculation, after confirming his former taskmaster had met with Nigerian officials in Stockholm.

However, Still insists that the meeting was a chance encounter and that Eriksson is not, contrary to reports, closing in on a return to management.

"It's absolutely nonsense," confirmed Still.

"Today he is linked with Nigeria, tomorrow it will be someone else. There has been no truth in any of it it.

"It was a totally chance meeting. They happened to be in the same place at the same time and had a chat.

"Sven told me he had bumped into him and they chatted. But there were no 'talks' or 'discussions' whatsoever about him taking over.

"What I don't understand is why these reports are coming out now.

"Sven told me that he bumped into this man three weeks ago, so why are the reports coming out today? It's just something to fill papers." [/b]
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by kitaun(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2006
Chance encounter indeed! What else would he have said? I would renounce my citizenship of Naija if this 'sagem abi na trium' was to be made our gaffer, lol
Re: Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles by kitaun(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2006
Chance encounter indeed! What else would he have said? I would renounce my citizenship of Naija if this 'sagem abi na trium' was to be made our gaffer, lol

(1) (Reply)

$5 Million Football Game In Abuja / Super Eaglet Will Play On Sat. While Golden Eagle Plays On Sunday / Falconets Spank Kenyan U-17 Female National Team In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.