Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer (27247 Views)

Onyeka Nwelue: "Don Jazzy Is Broke, He Is A Tenant". Don Jazzy Reacts / Marriage Palava! Don Jazzy Is Trending, See Nigerian Tweets / You Won’t Believe Who Don Jazzy Is Dating As He Shows Off His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by danielnomzy(m): 9:27am On Feb 06, 2016
Just remembered "Surulere".......it was really a "HIT"
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by eitsei(m): 9:36am On Feb 06, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:

Check out all the hit songs then? If Wande coal is not in that clique what do you think will happen to jazzy production? Many people are familiar with jazzy today cos of wande coal...Jazzy production would be dead long time without wande coal....the fat nigga does nothing than to say his don jazzy again....shlt! I can go on and on
kilo n so Bayi?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by seenter84: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2016
The name don jazzy lasan na hit

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by oodua1stson: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Without dbanj he would still be playing instruments for peanuts in uk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by 9jamusicanalyst(m): 9:38am On Feb 06, 2016
NaijaProxyBase:
What has Cohbams achieved ?
for a blind man he has done quite a lot and his songs are always classic, this a few of his achievements The Future Awards 2006 and 2009 (Producer of the Year)
Hip-hop World Awards 2007 and 2008 (Producer of the Year)
Nigeria Music Awards (NMA) 2007 Producer of the decade.
Nigerian Music Awards (NMA) 2008 for “Producer of the
Decade”
LEAP Africa Award 2007 for his “Creativity, Fortitude &
Exemplary Leadership In the Music Industry”
The Partnership Awards 2008 for “supporting the Worship For
Change Concert”
One Gospel Awards for “Gospel Composer/ Writer of the
Year” (2008)......And I think he is the best writer ever liveth in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by TurboSneh(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
The guy is a fucking genuis.
He's the number 1 producer in Africa.

All the songs he produced were all hits.
The only thing he said in "Godwin" was "It's Don Jazzy and Koredo Bello" & the song was a hit.

This guy is a beast.

which of the beast?
Bull,Lion,tiger or Elephant?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:

Check out all the hit songs then? If Wande coal is not in that clique what do you think will happen to jazzy production? Many people are familiar with jazzy today cos of wande coal...Jazzy production would be dead long time without wande coal....the fat nigga does nothing than to say his don jazzy again....shlt! I can go on and on

Though I agree with you but where you made a mistake is where you said many people are familiar with Don Jazzy if not for wande coal. Dbanj made Don Jazzy who he his today and vice versa.

They both started from JJC and 419 Squad back in the late 90's and early 20's.

Both Dbanj and Don J were back up boys more lile crew boys. Don Jazzy was always drumming konga while Dbanj was with his harmonica.

The group scattered but Dbanj and Don J came together and started Mohits.

So both of them made themselves not Wande Coal. Because before Wande Coal came they were hit music like Tongolo, All The Way, Mobolowowan etc.

Wande Coal first appearance in Mohits was at Dbanj video of Why Me.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by scachy(m): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2016
Don J is a genius, no wander #StreetBoss was mad cos Reekado Banks of Mavin Record defeated his his artiste.
I understand how frustrating it could be to give ur best to outshine ur neighbor but he/she (ur neighbor) keep shinning brighter.

BTW, Check out my signature and help yourself. I never believed it's real until I got my first payment yesterday.($500)

Before now, I had tried so many online jobs that ended up wasting my money and time but this is quite different because "it's 100% free and safe" and u just have to the d job at your convenient time n it's stress free.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by austinfab14(m): 9:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Hope ur head wunt burst one day. Lol
brunofarad:
don baba

Calm

Collective

Always in charge

#BOSSareMADEnotBORN
#AMalsoAboss

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by IamOpemipo(m): 9:56am On Feb 06, 2016
Greatest ma left yansh

Damage control, we know better..

Unto the next
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by musicwriter(m): 10:02am On Feb 06, 2016
Yarnvibes:
Don Jazzy is undoubtedly one of the hottest producers in Nigeria right now, and that’s without a question. But could he be the greatest Nigerian producer ever?

Here are 5 reasons we think he might be the greatest Nigerian

1. Some Of The Best Hits and Albums
Don Jazzy’s discography is simply outstanding, and when you look at it, he’s been directly responsible for the production of some of the greatest Nigerian albums of the past decade; Dbanj – No Long Thing (2005), Dbanj – RunDown Funk U Up (2006), Dbanj – Entertainer (2008), Wande Coal – Mushin To Mohits (2009), Mo-Hits All Stars (2008), Dr SID – Turning Point (2010, Mavins – Solar Plexus (2012).
And the singles? Way too many to list out but let’s highlight the big ones, Dbanj – Fall In Love, Wande Coal – Bumper to Bumper, D’Prince – Omoba, Dbanj – Gbono Feli Feli, Dr Sid – Over The Moon, Dbanj – Oliver Twist, Mavins – Dorobucci, Dr Sid – Surulere and the list can go on and on.

2. He Can Reinvent Himself
Usually when big break ups happen like the break up of Mo-Hits, it tends to spell the beginning of the end for all parties. Everyone figured Dbanj and Don Jazzy would go on to have decent careers but most predictions had it that it’ll never be as high as it was.

Fast forward 3 years, and Don Jazzy has reinvented himself and re-branded in the name of Mavins, and has amassed a whole new squad of hit makers in Tiwa Savage, Dr Sid, Korede Bello, Dija, Reekado Banks and D’Prince. He’s found a way to have the hottest record label in Nigeria once again. Talk about bouncing back up like a rubber ball.

3. Made Some Big Artists
Dbanj, Wande Coal, Dr Sid and D’Prince all owe a huge amount of their success to aligning themselves up with Don Jazzy. It’s an outstanding attribute to have the ability to harness someone’s talent and kick it into high gear. With Korede Bello, Dija, and Reekado Banks slowly becoming household names, it’s clear that Don Jazzy’s earlier achievements is no fluke.

4. Social Media Promo
One thing is clear about Don Jazzy. He doesn’t just understand music, he understands entertainment and the ability to use modern tools to market it. When you take a look at how huge Oliver Twist got with the competition, how Doro in Dorobucci became the slang of 2015, and other major social media trends he’s created just from his music, you realize that Don Baba J is not just a beat maker, but a entertainment business mogul.

5. Longevity
It’s been a solid 13 years that Don Jazzy has been active in the industry, and it’s interesting that there aren’t many moments where he is not in the conversation as being the best producer at that moment. With his ability to reinvent himself, pick out talent, and harness it, you can see Don Jazzy being in the game till he decides he’s tired or maybe creates a product and chills out like Dr Dre.

Do you think anyone can break Don Jazzy’s records any time soon?

http://yarnvibes.com/see-5-reasons-don-jazzy-greatest-nigerian-producer/

Best producer of all time?.

I'm sure you haven't heard of Lemmy Jackson. This man is the definition of a producer, even Don Jazzy will down his hat for this man. Lemmy Jackson is the only person I can compare to Quincy Jones (credit Michael Jackson).

His Credits: Ras Kimono, Majek Fashek, Evi Edna Ogoli, Onyeka Onwenu, Oritz Wiliki, Isaac Black, almost all top musicians of the 80's. In fact, every music producer should go and listen to all the songs he made. I just bought some of them.

Lemmy is so talented all his artistes sound different as it should be. You will never mistake Ras Kimono's song for Majek Fashek. You will never mistake Oritz Wiliki's song for Isaac black. You will never mistake Onyeka Ownenu's song for Evi Edna. But, what do Don Jazzy and co do?. They just use one beat to create 100 songs!. You listen to some of these artistes on radio and you can't differrentiate who own what song, until the radio say their name.

Well, Don Jazzy may be good but he's certainly not the greatest music producer Nigeria have ever had, cause he doesn't appear to me to be a versatile producer. I've never heard him do other genres of music, like reggae, blues. Lemmy Jackson produced Alex O who does "blues/disco" and it was a hit as well. Talk about talent!.

There are hundreds of better producers here in Nigeria who haven't been able to locate a good artiste that ''blow'', that's why you don't know them.

Talking from experience....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by brunofarad(m): 10:04am On Feb 06, 2016
No mehn

austinfab14:
Hope ur head wunt burst one day. Lol
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by happney65: 10:05am On Feb 06, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:
If not for wande coal...that nigga is nobody

Henhen?Unbelievable.. grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by sucess001(m): 10:13am On Feb 06, 2016
Don Jazzy def lost some of his credibility with the olamide saga..his tweet to olamide was also lame...dt takes some points off him and shows that behind the camera...he isn't a matured guy.

For me I ll choose ID cabasa. This guy is genuinely huumble...used to attend church with him @ global impact. he is now a pastor.

He is responsible for for bringing out 9ice in his prime and later olamide. All of don jazzy's arts aside dbanj don't compare to any of Cabasa's acts

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by mentorandfriend(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2016
Seun360:
Biafra folks go just dey hype dis like say na one Dr Dre.

He is definitely not.

Lmao. Stop hating bro.
grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by opey112(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2016
I love his humility.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by dammiecool(m): 10:24am On Feb 06, 2016
a lot of people out here love su*king jazzy dic.k
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Shymm3x: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Lol.

It seems folks have bastardised the word "genius". I honestly don't know how a guy who makes basic/generic beats with no layers can be termed the "greatest Nigerian producer". If he's actually the greatest - then the Nigerian music industry is dead meat and it has a long way to go.

I'd even say Davido makes better beats than the guy since he produces his own tunes. And whoever made 9ice's "gongo aso" and Dagrin's "pon pon pon" are far ahead of the guy in terms of production cos those are like most decent beats I've heard in naija music.

Then you had the magic of Fela Kuti. Though it was live band - but no one dead, alive, and/or unborn is touching what Fela Kuti created. That's genius right there, hence he's the most sampled artist ever out of Africa.

Don fatty needs to take several seats.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by dammiecool(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2016
Shymm3x:
Lol.
It seems folks have bastardised the word "genius". I honestly don't know how a guy who makes basic/generic beats with no layers can be termed the "greatest Nigerian producer". If he's actually the greatest - then the Nigerian music industry is dead meat and it has a long way to go.
I'd even say Davido makes better beats than the guy since he produces his own tunes. And whoever made 9ice's "gongo aso" and Dagrin's "pon pon pon" are far ahead of the guy in terms of production cos those are like most decent beats I've heard in naija music.
Then you had the magic of Fela Kuti. Though it was live band - but no one dead, alive, and/or unborn is touching what Fela Kuti created. That's genius right there, hence he's the most sampled artist ever out of Africa.
Its dumb baba jay grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Safari29: 10:37am On Feb 06, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:

wtf are u talking about? even wande coal will slap you if he sees this. Don Jazy made all of them. and he is pretty young. he produced Dbanj Album at the age of 22. i hope u know that Dbang is older than he is

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by AngryNigerian(m): 10:41am On Feb 06, 2016
...just that im no wan marry
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by olajizz01(m): 10:42am On Feb 06, 2016
To be sincere,the guy has a midas touch,any business he lays his hand on will always suceed.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by lordkay10(m): 10:45am On Feb 06, 2016
Shymm3x:
Lol.

Bros u make sense die! It's a pity most Nigerians don't know what it is to be regarded a genius in any field of endeavour, I knew you know so much about real music the moment I saw your comment about Fela, that's the greatest all-round musical artist Africa has ever produced. Thumbs-up wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Khan1993: 10:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Modenzy:
The guy is good. He has brought up talented musicians. If 2face, psquare, terry G and others had emulated him, it would have been competitive.
I like the guy shaaaa. DON JAZZY (bros to jasi).
did you just say terry G. Smh
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 06, 2016
Seun360:
Make any of em sounds get Grammy nomination make I see.

Do you even know what grammy is all about?.... Let me tell you this that those white guyz re no fools. To let Nigerians in to the same level with their own artistes will be a serious economic suicide for them.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by AngryNigerian(m): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2016
sucess001:
Don Jazzy def lost some of his credibility with the olamide saga..his tweet to olamide was also lame...dt takes some points off him and shows that behind the camera...he isn't a matured guy.

For me I ll choose ID cabasa. This guy is genuinely huumble...used to attend church with him @ global impact. he is now a pastor.

He is responsible for for bringing out 9ice in his prime and later olamide. All of don jazzy's arts aside dbanj don't compare to any of Cabasa's acts

Did you just wake up? Which art, Nice? Even without D'Banj, Don Baba will still rule!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Shymm3x: 10:54am On Feb 06, 2016
lordkay10:

Bros u make sense die! It's a pity most Nigerians don't know what it is to be regarded a genius in any field of endeavour, I knew you know so much about real music the moment I saw your comment about Fela, that's the greatest all-round musical artist Africa has ever produced. Thumbs-up wink

Lol. I do try. I just had to correct these folks cos it seems they don't understand music. You know a beat is great when you can rock to it without anyone singing.

Calling Don Jazzy the greatest producer is like saying P.Diddy is the greatest hip-hop producer ever when every hip-hop head knows that P.Diddy is not even top-20. When you have Rick Rubin, Dr Dre, Pete Rock, J. Dilla, Alchemist, Erik Sermon, Large Professor, DJ Premier, RZA, Q-tip et al. Even Kanye West and Havoc of Mobb Deep are light years ahead of P.Diddy. Yes, P.Diddy produced a lot of hit records - but that had more to do with the talents that graced those beats and his antics than his production skills.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by kabaka1: 10:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
He seems to be a bit arrogant.

Seeming arrogance is a package that comes with every successful man. It's part of feeling special at ur achievements in life but people term it as arrogance.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by ObaKlaz: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Oh please! Remove Mo' Hits/D'banj's career from him and let's see what he's left with. D'banj put him on and let him shine, hype and all. Flip D'banj's career (I mean D'banj of Mo' Hits) on OJB and y'all be tripping 'bout how OJB's the greatest there is today!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by ericmor: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Dandeson1:
made some big artists, btw don jazzy and dbanj its a 50/50 tin, they both made each other... its was easy for jazzy after the break up because he is a great producer, a great producer can work with an average artist and still chun out sumfin good, but a great artist will struggle with an average producer,
The truth of the matter is that Don baba j is talented cus is not all producers that have gone tru is trial that made it. He is Good and not about who made who.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by zurine(f): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2016
hmm
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by 1wolex85: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2016
9jamusicanalyst:
well spoken,he can be rated one amongst the best but not the best,he is nothing to be compared with the likes of Cohbams of the Extreme music label.
God bless you. Music for the ages. You can't find Don jazzy songs being popular 10 years down the line. Oliver Twist, his biggest hit has lost traction. In my opinion, the greatest producers ever liveth are Fela, Obey and Sunny Ade, yes they made beats. Cobhams, ojb, ID cabasa, Lemme Jackson, all super producers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cute Photo Of Monalisa Chinda's Daughter / Falz 'Playboy' Themed 27th Birthday Party In Pictures / Chidinma Ekile Stuns In A Stylish Hooded Blazer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.