Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport (1622 Views)

Dogara Urges FG To Increase Workers Salary / Ikirun Robbery And The Osun Airport / Ekiti/osun Airport Not Necessary, Ibadan/akure Airport Already Passenger Starved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ndnuray(m): 9:40am On Feb 06, 2016
The Governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, on Thursday appealed to the Federal Government to fulfill its commitment to the MKO Abiola International Airport by making available its counterpart funds to the project.

This was even as the Minister for Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, promised that having seen the level of work at the Osun State airport, he would brief the Presidency on the request by the state for the Federal Government’s commitment on the project.

Amaechi, after the tour of Federal Government projects in Osun State, commended Aregbesola for the judicious use of meagre resources accruing to the state.

He stated he was in the state to ascertain the level of work done on federal roads and federal facilities located in the state.

The Minister hinted that the Federal Government decided to embark on inspection of its projects across the country so as to know the level of works done by states that are claiming refunds for federal projects executed by them.

Lauding Aregbesola’s government, Amaechi said: “Initially, when the economic meltdown started, I was very worried for states like Osun because of the availability of resources.

“Am I still worried?

“The answer is yes, because the economy hasn’t improved.

“But I commend him for he has been able to manage gradually to continue what he started.

“I thank God for the kind of leaders Osun has in him and his deputy for their being able to manage the little resources.”

Amaechi promised that the committee set up by the Federal Executive Council to inspect Federal Government’s projects in various states will afterwards submit its report to the Council for adequate action.

He said: “I would take back to the President what I have seen.

“I would take that to the President and the he will make a decision based on the information the Council passes on to him.

“We are inspecting federal roads.

“Some of the states have constructed federal roads and are asking for refund.

“So we are going round.

“We have a committee set up by Federal Executive Council headed by Raji Fashola, who is in charge of South South.

“I am in charge of South West.

“There are others too going round the country.”

On his part, the governor disclosed that the Federal Government made the commitment to share the cost of the airport project with the the state on a 50-50 basis when it gave the approval in 2010.

Aregbesola stated that construction of the airport predated his administration, hence the need for Federal Government to see that the project is completed in record time.

Aregbesola stated that the airport, when completed, will be one of the most lucrative in the country because of its cargo and hanger facilities, which is the first in Nigeria.

He said: “We want you to convey our message to the Federal Government on its commitment to jointly fund the airport with our state base on 50-50 sharing of the cost of the project.

“We believe that the airport has huge economic and aviation value to both the country and the state.

“In this regard, we want you to intimate the Federal Government to assist the state with its counterpart funds for the speedy completion of the project.”

In his presentation to the Minister, the Consultant Engineer to the State ‎Government on the project, Engineer Wemimo Adebajo, the airport, when completed, will rank among airports with the longest runways in Nigeria.

On the level of work done at the airport, Adebajo noted that the government, having spent N2.7 billion out of the revised total cost of N11 billion for the project, work could be said to have reached 25 per cent stage.

According to the Consultant, the runway of the airport waiting to be laid with 500 mm asphalt is 3.5 kilometres in length, 12.3 meters excavation and re-filling with laterite.

He added that both sides of the runway are equipped from the foundation with water pipes, which will be the first of its kind in Nigeria.

Adebajo stated that with such a feature, the airport would have been equipped with facilities that will make emergency fire fighting readily available near the runway in case of any emergency landing or fire outbreaks.

He said: “I believe the airport is good for the state.

“The main delay right now is a question of funding and the state is seeking ways on how to make it available.

“When completed, the airport will have the longest runway in the country, width of 70cm and and 3.5km in length.

“The runway is going to take about 60 per cent of the cost of any airport project.

“A lot of work has been done on the runway and there are about eight streams in the path of the runway.

“It therefore became necessary to excavate and build box covets so that the water in the streams will flow unhindered under the runway.

“Besides, the airport will have other facilities built to world standards when completed.”

Source: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/4940-2/
Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by lolzzzz: 9:41am On Feb 06, 2016
Aregbe, its not by force to build an airport. Osun is too local to have one.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by DaBullIT(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2016
What's the level of the work that's been done ?

and for lolzzzz , You are too local to think so locally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by Wizprodigy: 10:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Cough out the money you stole and use it to build your airport.
Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2016
Delta, Akwa Ibom, Jigawa and Kebbi states built and are operating their own airports without federal assistance.

This man and his state are parasitic to say the least

And what is the viability of an airport located in Osun?

We also know that the project is grossly over inflated and is meant to just grease Aregbe and Tinubu 's palms.

They should consider turning it to a trailer park.

Yeye

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by G1gbolahan: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2016
It is a cargo and maintenance airport which means it will ease the pressure on the Lagos airports and seaports to an extent, hence the federal interest. The airport will bring immense benefits to the entire South-West region and the country generally, and definitely add to the revenue base of Osun. I hope you have been educated on this issue
ZombieNation:
Delta, Akwa Ibom, Jigawa and Kebbi states built and are operating their own airports without federal assistance.

This man and his state are parasitic to say the least

And what is the viability of an airport located in Osun?

We also know that the project is grossly over inflated and is meant to just grease Aregbe and Tinubu 's palms.

They should consider turning it to a trailer park.

Yeye
Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by G1gbolahan: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2016
Good things are happening in Osun even with their little financial weight. Impressive that the government is looking to shore up its revenue base. With recent efforts in agriculture and this cargo airport looming, good times are on the horizon for the state's finance
Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2016
G1gbolahan:
It is a cargo and maintenance airport which means it will ease the pressure on the Lagos airports and seaports to an extent, hence the federal interest. The airport will bring immense benefits to the entire South-West region and the country generally, and definitely add to the revenue base of Osun. I hope you have been educated on this issue

Why will the FG fund a cargo airport in Osun?

Instead of Osun, why not Ogun or Lekki in Lagos?

Air friegthing is expensive. Is it the poverty stricken Osunites that order FedEx parcels?

Abeg. Your excuse is total rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2016
G1gbolahan:
Good things are happening in Osun even with their little financial weight. Impressive that the government is looking to shore up its revenue base. With recent efforts in agriculture and this cargo airport looming, good times are on the horizon for the state's finance

Must FG do everything for you people.?

Did Kebbi or Jigawa seek federal assistance in building their airports?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2016
These SW people make too much noise.

Look at what Jigawa state used their meagre allocations to fund and build

[img]http://www.newsplus.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Jigawa_airport_Dutse.jpg[/img]

The problem is that most of you are stuck in that your useless region assuming you are the most developed.

Go to the north west and SS and see their governors working

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2016
This is what the immediate past governor of Katsina built with state resources

And he did not borrow a dime.

What has Aregberascal got to show for over 700bn (mostly from loans) to show for in Osun?

Practically nothing

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by olajizz01(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2016
ZombieNation:
These SW people make too much noise.

Look at what Jigawa state used their meagre allocations to fund and build

[img]http://www.newsplus.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Jigawa_airport_Dutse.jpg[/img]

The problem is that most of you are stuck in that your useless region assuming you are the most developed.

Go to the north west and SS and see their governors working
only one school out of many he built better of these buildings you are displaying.
Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 11:49am On Feb 06, 2016
olajizz01:
only one school out of many he built better of these buildings you are displaying.

You deceive yourself only.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by opinchinoo(m): 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dis Osun gov. talks only wen he wants to beg 4 money or take loan.....luks lik a parasite tho

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by oduastates: 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
ZombieNation:
This is what the immediate past governor of Katsina built with state resources

And he did not borrow a dime.

What has Aregberascal got to show for over 700bn (mostly from loans) to show for in Osun?

Practically nothing

Millions educated.
Maintaining 7 subsidised higher education campuses is not cheap.
I am guessing that you wouldn't know anything about that .

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
oduastates:

Millions educated.
Maintaining 7 subsidised higher education campuses is not cheap.
I am guessing that you wouldn't know anything about that .

Osun lags behind in education among all southern states.

I see now it is education you guys want to use to lie.

How about those secondary school students that vandalised the state radio station?

Pls list all 7 tertiary institutions owned and managed by the rascal.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by olajizz01(m): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
ZombieNation:

You deceive yourself only.

The funniest part of it,is that i dont know how to deceive people talkmore of deceiving myself,u see i' m from osun state and i'm living in osun,so u can't know my state than me,fact.
Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
olajizz01:
The funniest part of it,is that i dont know how to deceive people talkmore of deceiving myself,u see i' m from osun state and i'm living in osun,so u can't know my state than me,fact.

Keep decieving yourself

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by G1gbolahan: 6:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
You have not addresed the issue. It is not fully funded by FG remember? FG so far is yet to drop a kobo yet they have come far so recognise that if Lagos or Ogun were ready for such an investment, they could have taken the initiative. Osun did and it should be commended for that because FG will help out because of the relevance to not only Osun State but the entire nation at large and will serve as another source of revenue for the state.
ZombieNation:

Why will the FG fund a cargo airport in Osun?

Instead of Osun, why not Ogun or Lekki in Lagos?

Air friegthing is expensive. Is it the poverty stricken Osunites that order FedEx parcels?

Abeg. Your excuse is total rubbish.

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by Happiness87(f): 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
G1gbolahan:
Yoruba agenda, i guess, why is cargo airport owerri not useful …

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport by ZombieNation: 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
G1gbolahan:
You have not addresed the issue. It is not fully funded by FG remember? FG so far is yet to drop a kobo yet they have come far so recognise that if Lagos or Ogun were ready for such an investment, they could have taken the initiative. Osun did and it should be commended for that because FG will help out because of the relevance to not only Osun State but the entire nation at large and will serve as another source of revenue for the state.

Did Jigawa or Kebbi ask for govt help?

Why must you people disgrace the south with your beggary?

(1) (Reply)

Compare And Contrast 16 Years Of PDP And 9 Months Of APC / Goodluck Jonathan Achievements,100 Days In Office / Fayose Admits To Buying Properties Of N1.35 Bilion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.