Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? (1416 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Will EFCC Come After Me? / When Will EFCC Investigate Ben Murray-Bruce's NTA Tenure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Orikinla(m): 9:41am On Feb 06, 2016
The EFCC has harassed some local newspapers, including Punch and Daily Sun to refund millions of naira they collected for the various presidential campaign adverts for former President Goodluck Jonathan. And the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) spent millions on online adverts on Google for Mr. Jonathan. And will the EFCC harass Google to refund the money that was paid for these presidential campaign adverts diplayed for months on hundreds of Nigerian websites from 2014 to March 2015?

2 Likes

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Hemzhy(m): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by naijaking1: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2016
Using the EFCC to probe election expenses of PDP while ignoring those of APC is another aberration that will be later understood for what it is: dictatorship!

12 Likes

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Psalm18: 9:47am On Feb 06, 2016
Your premise is wrong. If I remember correctly
EFCC did not harass those newspaper to return advert money.
Newspapers got some compensation for their loss when soldiers sealed of their offices and stopped circulation of its papers.

The said money was 10 million each per paper while the chairman of the newspaper forum Nduka collected over 500 million

1 Like

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by 9jii(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2016
If the money Google have collected was from Dasuki, and meant for weapons.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Rolings: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Only if the money comes from the wrong source such as arms fund. Not only Google but CNN and other international news agencies that carried their adverts. Unlike Nigeria where anything goes these are international organizations that operate international best practices and will willingly cooperate with the EFCC . They may even be tried and found guilty in their contries for crimes committed in Nigeria.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by omenka(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2016
Orikinla:
The EFCC has harassed some local newspapers, including Punch and Daily Sun to refund millions of naira they collected for the various presidential campaign adverts for former President Goodluck Jonathan. And the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) spent millions on online adverts on Google for Mr. Jonathan. And will the EFCC harass Google to refund the money that was paid for these presidential campaign adverts diplayed for months on hundreds of Nigerian websites from 2014 to March 2015?
Came across a thread earlier attempting to give reasons for Africa's backwardness with pictures of presidents supposedly sleeping in public. I don't think that really cuts the deal- the reason Africa is backward is for people like this op who are the stunchest supporters of the sleaziest regimes in the continent.

Did he even pause for a moment to consider the source of the funds we are talking about?? Lives were lost for reason of that fraud and more lives are still being lost, but as long as those whom you support are the arrowheads behind the theft, they should simply be left alone.

So unfortunate having such people as fellow countrymen.

Dearpreye, are you currently in Abj?? We could anchor someplace later, share a drink or two and discuss politics.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by DaBullIT(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2016
International news agencies like CNN never joined issues or business advertising for Nigerian Politicians , however , Metro and other public transport systems internationally displayed billboards for them , I remember so many reasons why CNN had to defend itself against running such campaign adverts , just a few days after they aired lies and conspiracy videos on a popular Nigerian Cable Tv

Rolings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2016
omenka:

Dearpreye, are you currently in Abj?? We could anchor someplace later, share a drink or two and discuss politics.
Make una keep space for me o.. grin

1 Like

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Psalm18:
Your premise is wrong. If I remember correctly
EFCC did not harass those newspaper to return advert money.
Newspapers got some compensation for their loss when soldiers sealed of their offices and stopped circulation of its papers.

The said money was 10 million each per paper while the chairman of the newspaper forum Nduka collected over 500 million

You even get time.

2 Likes

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by omenka(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Make una keep space for me o.. grin
Lol. No wahala. I wan run enter Apo. E be like my Cat Converter (indomie) don disintegrate. Make dem go remove am.

Holla later.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Justiyke4u: 10:42am On Feb 06, 2016
Help me ask them o
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Orikinla(m): 11:02am On Feb 06, 2016
omenka:
Came across a thread earlier attempting to give reasons for Africa's backwardness with pictures of presidents supposedly sleeping in public. I don't think that really cuts the deal- the reason Africa is backward is for people like this op who are the stunchest supporters of the sleaziest regimes in the continent.

Did he even pause for a moment to consider the source of the funds we are talking about?? Lives were lost for reason of that fraud and more lives are still being lost, but as long as those whom you support are the arrowheads behind the theft, they should simply be left alone.

OP is well known supporter of APC and PMB and supporting PMB cost him millions of naira and tragic loss of in-laws murdered for supporting APC in Rivers State during the 2015 gubernatorial and Presidential elections. You failed to comprehend the the question.

1 Like

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Psalm18: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2016
Orikinla:
OP is well known supporter of APC and PMB and supporting PMB cost him millions of naira and tragic loss of in-laws murdered for supporting APC in Rivers State during the 2015 gubernatorial and Presidential elections. You failed to comprehend the the question.

I understand this is the internet and anybody can claim anything, but care to share how you lost millions of naira supporting APC??
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by AkProsper(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2016
Google was paid for service rendered.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2016
omenka:

Was wondering where you've been since my Governor's Supreme court verdict......Anyway, I'm in PH oooo......would have certainly obliged your request.

Happy weekend, brother.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by omenka(m): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
dearpreye:

Was wondering where you've been since my Governor's Supreme court verdict......Anyway, I'm in PH oooo......would have certainly obliged your request.

Happy weekend, brother.
Lol. Well, I congratulated you and Barca and you acknowledged my message. wink

We all thought we were going into another round of polls, but the judges made their call and we have to respect it regardless of how disappointing it might have been.

Anyway, looking beyond the forum. Too many overly emotional and unintelligent folks crowding the place, best at nothing but needless insults. Thought I could use a beer and some mature mind to argue politics with.

Ride seems to be consuming too much juice- came to see my mech. Seems my cat converter and O2 sensor is faulty from the scan results.

Do have a wonderful weekend ahead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
omenka:
Lol. Well, I congratulated you and Barca and you acknowledged my message. wink

We all thought we were going into another round of polls, but the judges made their call and we have to respect it regardless of how disappointing it might have been.

Anyway, looking beyond the forum. Too many overly emotional and unintelligent folks crowding the place, best at nothing but needless insults. Thought I could use a beer and some mature mind to argue politics with.

Ride seems to be consuming too much juice- came to see my mech. Seems my cat converter and O2 sensor is faulty from the scan results.

Do have a wonderful weekend ahead.

I wasn't expecting such a call from the supreme court myself but life must go ahead. That judgement may have prevented some inevitable human and property losses if the rerun was scheduled to hold.

I agree. The insults here have become too much. It's a reason why I reduce my activity here at the moment.

All the same, I wish you a great weekend too.

1 Like

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by arresa: 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
A very corrupt thread and even the OP sounds very corrupt and bitterly crooked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
omenka:

How do you know the source of the fun? Were you PDP campaign fund raising chairman?

OK those who died due to the negligence of some governors to meet their obligations in other to fund APC are less human?

All we are still seeing are allegations and should be treated so. We are in a democracy. I know black man can't cope with this kind of government because we are jungle justice oriented.

2 Likes

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Rolings: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
DaBullIT:
International news agencies like CNN never joined issues or business advertising for Nigerian Politicians , however , Metro and other public transport systems internationally displayed billboards for them , I remember so many reasons why CNN had to defend itself against running such campaign adverts , just a few days after they aired lies and conspiracy videos on a popular Nigerian Cable Tv

Rolings

Noted
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by vedaxcool(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hiss***** farts on thread and walks away
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by modath(f): 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
omenka:

Anyway, looking beyond the forum. Too many overly emotional and unintelligent folks crowding the place, best at nothing but needless insults. .

dearpreye:

I agree. The insults here have become too much. It's a reason why I reduce my activity here at the moment.

The insults are not palatable but they are minor, it is the lack of sound judgement, reasoning & illogicality that are the hallmarks of discuss on this board that is grating... It is mind numbing...

Everyone can't & should not be on the same side, it is even boring & redundant to hold same views, we are all humans & guided by emotions & alignments..

Bants & scoring points off one another make the world go round but common sense dictates that points & positions should be logical not just to just create threads & fill pages with "trollish" comments.!!!!

Have yourselves a nice weekend G.men... smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Orikinla(m): 5:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Psalm18:

I understand this is the internet and anybody can claim anything, but care to share how you lost millions of naira supporting APC??

Google Transform Nigeria Network. I left it to endorse PMB. The social media presidential campaign contracts for GEJ were in millions of naira.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Orikinla(m): 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
EFCC should arrest the Ogas at the Top. It is crooked to arrest executives of the NNPC for corruption and turn around to say there is no evidence to probe the former Ministers of Petroleum and Finance when the former Governor of the Central Bank already confirmed the misappropriations of billions of dollars at the NNPC. WHO IS FOOLING WHOM?
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Sibrah: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Orikinla:
Mr Orikinla, don't tell me those who recieved #DasukiGate money via transfer or as cash didn't know where it was coming from. All claims of service rendered for receipt of fund in DasukiGate should be treated as hurriedly prepared excuses to help them escape justice, as long as there are no well documented reciepts or invoices, the transactions were meant to share monies out to croonies of PDP bigwigs in power and by extension fund re-election of their Jesus-on-earth, Jonathan. Dokpesi for example did nothing special in his contract to blackmail Tinubu and Buhari. He merely fabricated lies and read them over a poorly organised and blurry looking slideshow. Don't compare that to reputable intl organisation who very likely may not know the significance of monies coming out from the NSA's office directly into their own account, I suggest he(Dokpesi) and his likes should refund 80% of what he was paid for a start.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Sibrah: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
Orikinla:
EFCC should arrest the Ogas at the Top. It is crooked to arrest executives of the NNPC for corruption and turn around to say there is no evidence to probe the former Ministers of Petroleum and Finance when the former Governor of the Central Bank already confirmed the misappropriations of billions of dollars at the NNPC. WHO IS FOOLING WHOM?
The fact that Diezeani subordinates are implicated does not mean she is. The case of Dasuki and Jonathan is a good example, Dasuki say Jonathan said but he has no proofs Jonathan said anything regards transfer of government money to private organisation owned by his party associates. In the case of Stella Odua where she told her subordinate to "do the needful" too it will be near impossible to nail her in court. It is very possible to Dizeani did same to her subordinates.
Re: Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? by Orikinla(m): 8:06am On Feb 07, 2016
Sibrah:

Mr Orikinla, don't tell me those who recieved #DasukiGate money via transfer or as cash didn't know where it was coming from. All claims of service rendered for receipt of fund in DasukiGate should be treated as hurriedly prepared excuses to help them escape justice, as long as there are no well documented reciepts or invoices, the transactions were meant to share monies out to croonies of PDP bigwigs in power and by extension fund re-election of their Jesus-on-earth, Jonathan. Dokpesi for example did nothing special in his contract to blackmail Tinubu and Buhari. He merely fabricated lies and read them over a poorly organised and blurry looking slideshow. Don't compare that to reputable intl organisation who very likely may not know the significance of monies coming out from the NSA's office directly into their own account, I suggest he(Dokpesi) and his likes should refund 80% of what he was paid for a start.
. I was contracted for millions of naira to set up and run the Transform Nigeria Network social media presidential campaign for former President Goodluck Jonathan, but the money went straight into my bank account. So, how would I know if the money was from misappropriated revenue allocation? EFCC has not invited me for interrogation. Why? Because,. I stopped the Transform Nigeria Network and endorsed Gen. Muhammadu Buhari for President? Or the amount I received must be small change to make news headlines.grin

(1) (Reply)

New Money Laundering Bill: 7-year Prison Term Without Option Of Fine Awaits Offe / 1.5 Billion Traced To Ex Minister Of Finance Son’s Account / The True Position Of Ibom Deep Seaport – Engr. Etido Inyang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.