Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects (2882 Views)

The Harmful Effect Of Jealousy. / A Thread Strictly For Those Who Lose Their Religion In 2017 / Bad Effects Of Gambling and why its a sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Well, i was doing a little research on how religion affects Africa until i came across this article.. i dont actually agree with everything... let's hear your opinion on it.

Religion is the most popular business in Africa today. Because it is "written" the devil or Lucifer is the root of all evil, we blame the devil for almost all our problems. We blame someone or something we cannot even see with our eyes as the cause of all our problems. Is that wisdom? I don't think the devil is the root of all illiteracy and stupidity and I think sometimes we just over-blame the devil for no good reasons at all. Instead of blaming ourselves for our stupidity and ignorance, we blame the poor guy why because it is "written". Some may call me the assistant Lucifer for making this post but I still believe sometimes we just have to say it the way it is. Religion is doing more harm than good in Africa. Religion continues to tear Africa into pieces and I don't think Africa can prosper under the dark shadows of religion.
The traditional African religion is part of our culture and traditions and there is very little we can do about it. Some people especially outsiders sometimes think there is nothing good in the African traditional religion or voodoo but the truth is that, the African traditional religion or voodoo has benefited my people more than Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. combined. The African traditional religion or voodoo has helped us a lot especially in shaping our moral standards and giving us a sense of identity. Before the arrival of Christianity, Islam and the other foreign religions, people were afraid to take other peoples wives. People were afraid to cheat on other people. People were afraid to kill innocent people. Children were afraid to disobey elders, etc. Why because the ancestral spirits we worshipped were very just spirits who rewarded the good and punished the evil. Some may say we were illiterates for believing in ancestral spirits yet most of these so-called literates believe in saints. There was a sense of fear but discipline within our communities before the arrival of Christianity, Islam and the others. We cannot throw away the African traditional religion or voodoo because it is part of what makes us Africans and it has been with us since the beginning of time. There are some barbaric traditions that we can and must do away with. Barbaric traditions such as female genital mutilation, etc. are some of the bad ones we can and must do away with. To sum it up, the African traditional religion has done more good than harm to Africa.
The African traditional religion has done more good than evil to Africa but I cannot say the same about Christianity. I cannot say the same about Islam and I cannot say the same about the other foreign religions in Africa today. Christianity and Islam are the cause of almost all the wars and tribal conflicts in Africa today. Christians believe God is a Christian while Muslims believe God is a Muslim forgetting that God has no religion. Christians don't want Muslims to rule them and Muslims are ready to kill for Allah which creates tensions and conflicts as we see today in Africa especially in countries like Nigeria, Ivory Coast, where the Christian-Muslim populations are close to 50-50.
Every poor man wants to start a church in Africa today why because starting a church is the easiest and fastest money-making method in Africa today. There are so many pastors, Bishops and even popes in Africa today but the sad thing is that, almost all these so-called men of God are full of nothing but evil. They come in suits sometimes in white gowns dressed like Saints but agents of the devil ready to destroy Africa just to make money. These so-called men of God deceive people especially the illiterate poor in the villages and small towns and even the so-called graduates in the cities all in the name of God. Most carry Bibles which they cannot even read yet they refer to themselves as men of God and instead of preaching the good news to the people to help better their living conditions, preach hatred and fill the hearts of people with fear and evil intentions just to make money.
Go to Akwa Ibom State in Nigeria right now and see things for yourself. Children as young as 6 months old are being stoned to death, some roasted on fire, some buried alive all in the name of Christianity. Instead of saving souls for Christ, these so-called men of God just kill souls for Christ in Africa today. Some so-called pastors and "anointed" men of God point these innocent children out as witches and wizards to be stoned to death. This may sound very crazy but it is very true. There are so many videos on youtube about African child witches and how these stupid men of God point them out to be stoned to death for being witches and wizards all in the name of Christianity. They come as anointed men of God but end up raping innocent children. They come as anointed men of God but end up killing innocent people for money rituals.
I may be sounding like a devil but the truth is that, I do believe in God. I do believe in God not Christianity. I do believe in God not Islam and I do believe in God not Judaism why because God has no religion and that is what people should know. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. are all full of nothing but evil and it doesn't make sense at all to trust any of these religions more than God but the sad thing is that, most Africans today have eyes but they cannot see. Most Africans today have ears but they cannot hear. Most Africans today believe in these foreign religions and so-called men of God more than God Himself which is very sad. It is time we wake up and start thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by brodalikeme(m): 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Speaking on Christianity. a Christian is someone having the software of God Almighty running inside of him/her. Professing Christianity is quite different from practising Christianity. Sadly most of us profess Christianity rather than practise it, which has resulted in the abnormalities you see here and there.
Most of the issues you raised where based on morality that is why you could reference it across all religion. when it come to morality however, religion stand almost united against all forms of evil/devilish vices. Challenge comes in when you now have to deal with why men act the way they do, how they relate with each other and how the relate with their God.

A practising Christian owes his or her moral obligation to God Almighty, the Bible teaches him/her that everything thing he/she does is 'as unto the Lord' therefore his/her guiding principle is what is written in the Bible and revealed by the Holy Spirit. If we practice Christianity, you do not need to repay evil for evil, hurt our neighbour or engage in acts of disobedience toward God because you are accountable unto Him. The Bible make us to understand that we are ambassadors of the kingdom and pilgrims here on earth, therefore our ways of life should reflect that of our heavenly father that cause rain to fall on mankind and show love to all not wishing that anyone should perish. That is having the DNA of God (Software) running inside you
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
brodalikeme:
Speaking on Christianity. a Christian is someone having the software of God Almighty running inside of him/her. Professing Christianity is quite different from practising Christianity. Sadly most of us profess Christianity rather than practise it, which has resulted in the abnormalities you see here and there.
Most of the issues you raised where based on morality that is why you could reference it across all religion. when it come to morality however, religion stand almost united against all forms of evil/devilish vices. Challenge comes in when you now have to deal with why men act the way they do, how they relate with each other and how the relate with their God.

A practising Christian owes his or her moral obligation to God Almighty, the Bible teaches him/her that everything thing he/she does is 'as unto the Lord' therefore his/her guiding principle is what is written in the Bible and revealed by the Holy Spirit. If we practice Christianity, you do not need to repay evil for evil, hurt our neighbour or engage in acts of disobedience toward God because you are accountable unto Him. The Bible make us to understand that we are ambassadors of the kingdom and pilgrims here on earth, therefore our ways of life should reflect that of our heavenly father that cause rain to fall on mind kind and show love to all not wishing that anyone should perish. That is having the DNA of God (Software) running inside you

Wow!.. this is coming from a devout christian.. i've learned something "have the DNA of God (Software) running inside you"... good one..
Now, where are the muslims?? come prove the writer of the article wrong smiley

1 Like

Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by tsdarkside(m): 7:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
thunda fire the devil!!!...

btw..the white-man is the devil....i have no confusion about that........ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by brodalikeme(m): 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Wow!.. this is coming from a devout christian.. i've learned something "have the DNA of God (Software) running inside you"... good one..
Now, where are the muslims?? come prove the writer of the article wrong smiley

well we try to keep renewing our mind and continue honouring God, there are distractions but God remain our help and focus
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
tsdarkside:

thunda fire the devil!!!...

btw..the white-man is the devil....i have no confusion about that........ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe its the black man sad ..
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by OmoOsanyin: 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Thank you for your perception. There is a New African Religious Order Movement (N.A.R.O.M.) in the works geared towards liberating Africa from the rape and shackles of the white and arab man and their alien religions and destruction of it in pursuant of total predominance and practice of our African Religion in every nook and cranny of Mother Africa. If interested in being a part of it, let me know and you will be updated.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 08, 2016
OmoOsanyin:
Thank you for your perception. There is a New African Religious Order Movement (N.A.R.O.M.) in the works geared towards liberating Africa from the rape and shackles of the white and arab man and their alien religions and destruction of it in pursuant of total predominance and practice of our African Religion in every nook and cranny of Mother Africa. If interested in being a part of it, let me know and you will be updated.

What actually does this NAROM wants to do to Africa?
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by OmoOsanyin: 4:54am On Feb 08, 2016
GloryIsaac:

What actually does this NAROM wants to do to Africa?

summary in the post.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 08, 2016
OmoOsanyin:

summary in the post.

I'm just being skeptical.. does the alien religion also consist of Christianity??
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by OmoOsanyin: 8:14am On Feb 08, 2016
GloryIsaac:

I'm just being skeptical.. does the alien religion also consist of Christianity??

is christianity originally a domestic or African religion?
Do excuse the earlier suggested invite. Have a good day.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 08, 2016
OmoOsanyin:

is christianity originally a domestic or African religion? Do excuse the earlier suggested invite. Have a good day.
Keep me updated.. this stuff has picked my interest.. smiley
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by OmoOsanyin: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Keep me updated.. this stuff has picked my interest.. smiley

will do.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 08, 2016
OmoOsanyin:

will do.
Thanks smiley
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by Mrsfrada: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by cbravo3: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
EXISTENCE OF PHILOSOPHY IN TRADITIONAL AFRICA:A HERMENEUTICAL APPROACH
http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/philosophy/existence-of-philosophy-in-traditional-africa/
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by otemanuduno: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
Religion is indeed harmful

Doctufos: Rastus 8: 1-14

CHAPTER EIGHT 1
. I have observed and known how a homo can make much wealth without much work. This is better done in the ways of religion. 2. Go now to the temples of the religious people and you shall see how they sell cheap things at costly prices. 3. In the temple of the Jews do they sell a holy dove for eighty shekels of silver. And a fold of shittim wood do they sell for two hundred shekels of silver. 4. And a curtain of linen do they sell for fifty-two shekel of silver, whose worth in the market is only twelve shekels. 5. But they have called it the holy curtain because they sell it in the temple. And the holiest among the holy curtains do they sell for a thousand shekel of silver. And these are bought only by the rich, who used them for their secret chambers, believing that they cannot be attacked by thieves whenever they are behind the curtains. 6. And a bottle of olive oil is sold for seventy shekels in the temple, saying that it is holy and anointed by God. 7. And the priests grow fat upon the money of the poor. As they do in the temple of Furin and Dian, so also do they in the temple of the Jews. 8. In the church of the Krishtens also, they do so. For they buy and sell holy shadows of the apostles, deceiving themselves upon nothing. 9. And when they have deceived themselves, testifying of how they are cured of diseases which they have not been cured of, they come after the physicians, confessing their follies. 10. But the damages are already done, because many have believed in them already and have also neglected the ways of herbs for cure. 11. And they shall be worse before they shall think to go the way of the physicians. 12. Now this is my instruction to all in this generation and the generation to come; let not religion be mixed with health issues. 13. For when you are sick, go after the physicians immediately, rather than asking a god to cure you of your sickness. 14. Or else it shall be too late for you to be cured.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by otemanuduno: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
@OP, killing for gods has begun since the time of the homo erectuses and it will not stop. The whites have killed themselves for Jesus, Yahweh and Allah years back and they will continue doing so. Africa is also killing many for Yahweh, Allah and Jesus currently and it won't stop soon. Enlil and Enki called it population control when it happened during their own times back many years ago.
DOCTUFOS: Motus 9:24-28

24. Now when Enlil knew that the vessel made by Atrahash was directed to him by Enki, he became annoyed. Then he said, Enki what have you done? Why did you do this to me? Did you not see that the population of the homos should be reduced? They are too much for us now. And their noises are so great that they could hypnotise even the gods in the day and deprive them of sleep at night.
25. Then Enki said, O Enlil, destruction by the hands of the gods has never been the best thing to do to reduce population. For if the gods destroyed the homos they made by their own hands, then the lies of the gods which makes the homos see them as the all-knowing shall be discovered. And they shall say, if he who created us knows all things to come indeed, then what sense does it make creating what you would still get angry at and destroy?
26. Then Enlil reasoned with Enki and said, how then should we decrease the population of the homos? Then Enki said, only in the diversity of their beliefs can they reduce the population of themselves by themselves. Now Enlil, let us raise scribes who shall write about us in different perspectives. And when a scribe does not agree with the story written by the other, they shall begin to hate each other and then fight each other and then kill each other.
27. In this shall the population of the world reduce. For if Atrahash writes about us in this manner and Etam writes about us in another manner, the supporter of the two scribes shall war against each other and kill each other. Then shall the population be reduced.
28. Then Enlil was glad about the idea of Enki. Then did they begin to tell the stories of the gods in different versions to the homos which came to visit them. And the homos began to war against one another because of the diversity of their beliefs.

Here is a quote from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH an irreligious book:

DOCTUFOS: 10. And the era of invention began after many early thinkers had been killed by the popes and the churches. For they who began inventions were formally thought of as witches and wizards when they meditated. And the popes and the christians beheaded them in large numbers. 11. And about eighty four thousand philosophers and thinkers were killed in Urope. But the homos of Sino permitted the thinkers in their own place to do what they wanted. But Aferk had no thinker in its place to access the minds of the gods of findings, because their minds had been occupied with the thought of Zeusus Krista, the thief who died in Sodom-Egypt. 12. And they revvered him above everything. And even above their own lives did they rever him. And when they dreamt, they saw him conquering for them. But they did not know that whatever a homo is obsessed with, he shall see it in his dreams and hallucinations.

Stop giving yourself headache over religious gods.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by correctguy101(m): 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
otemanuduno:
@OP, killing for gods has begun since the time of the homo erectuses and it will not stop. The whites have killed themselves for Jesus, Yahweh and Allah years back and they will continue doing so. Africa is also killing many for Yahweh, Allah and Jesus currently and it won't stop soon. Enlil and Enki called it population control when it happened during their own times back many years ago. Here is a quote from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH an irreligious book:

Stop giving yourself headache over religious gods.
But the bolded somehow seems the right thing to do to avoid a future chaos of starvation where man will be more than the available food.

Even nature too makes such choices to balance the whole. There must not be too many men n little food, shikena

That's why I support Yahweh killing the Israelites away in the wildness, even for complaining he is killing them. That's how it is Otem, there must be a balance.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by otemanuduno: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
correctguy101:

But the bolded somehow seems the right thing to do to avoid a future chaos of starvation where man will be more than the available food.

Even nature too makes such choices to balance the whole. There must not be too many men n little food, shikena

That's why I support Yahweh killing the Israelites away in the wildness, even for complaining he is killing them. That's how it is Otem, there must be a balance.

Evil in itself depends on how we humans see it. Death to me is a transition from one plane of consciousness to another, but that doesn't give anyone the license to kill another person. Nature knows how to balance things up anyway. Without killing for gods, nature itself will bring occurrences which will kill some people while some people will reproduce to replace the dead ones, thereby bringing balance to population density. In my own opinion, we may not need to help nature to reduce population.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by correctguy101(m): 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
otemanuduno:

Evil in itself depends on how we humans see it. Death to me is a transition from one plane of consciousness to another, but that doesn't give anyone the license to kill another person. Nature knows how to balance things up anyway. Without killing for gods, nature itself will bring occurrences which will kill some people while some people will reproduce to replace the dead ones, thereby bringing balance to population density. In my own opinion, we may not need to help nature to reduce population.

Me thinks whether the balance is brought by men or gods or nature, it's all same. Same acts to produce same result.
Whatever we as an organised specie thinks isn't exactly relevant to nature, but balance is- Almighty equilibrium is of the utmost importance and first in nature. No matter who falls victim to the elimination. After all is it not you that said we're part of the general schemer of the ultimate scheme Nature/God?
It's just as fair to conclude that we being God has decided to take purgative to purge ourselves of maybe not needed bacterium as the case may be, to get a balanced health in nature.

Just keeping a too open and wild mind.
Re: Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects by otemanuduno: 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
correctguy101:

Me thinks whether the balance is brought by men or gods or nature, it's all same. Same acts to produce same result.
Whatever we as an organised specie thinks isn't exactly relevant to nature, but balance is- Almighty equilibrium is of the utmost importance and first in nature. No matter who falls victim to the elimination. After all is it not you that said we're part of the general schemer of the ultimate scheme Nature/God?
It's just as fair to conclude that we being God has decided to take purgative to purge ourselves of maybe not needed bacterium as the case may be, to get a balanced health in nature.

Just keeping a too open and wild mind.
Hmm... you're a good thinker.

(1) (Reply)

The Question No Christian Can Answer / Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? / Outrage Overnigerian Gay Pastorin Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.