Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! (600 Views)

Army Claims 39 Not 83 Soldiers Are Missing After Boko Haram Attack / Pls Excuse Me!! Am I Missing Something?? / Are We Missing Something In Our Fight Against Boko Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by izyericson: 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
This is not to engineer blames or name calling, But, I don't know if am the only one having this impression:
since the regime change, there's been Devaluation of the Naira, which is somehow a direct consequence of the fall in price of crude oil in the international market. fast forward: we Hav the following situations in the country (which all Hav combination of causes )
# fuel price was 87 naira when the dollar was about 1:160 naira, now subsidy is gone alongside naira devalued and the new price of fuel became only 50kobo lower.

# if one dollar now exchanges for over three hundred naira , What type of response should we have from market prices? upwards or downwards?

# is this really inflation or economic crises?

# should a bottle of malt (for example ) continue to sell at 120 naira by now?

# is it really easier now to make a thousand naira than 8 months ago?

people please help me get these things in perspective.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by bettercreature(m): 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
1)GEJ devalue naira from 157naira to 197naira before he left office

2) There is no devaulation since PMB took over

3)Devaluation doesnt have anything to do with oil price,

4)oil crashed because of abundant American shale oil and excess oil production around the worild

5)It's more easier now to make a thousand than 8 months ago because of increase in price of good and services

6) a bottle of malt will sell at 200naira if there is devaluation

7) price of good and service will shoot up and there will be need to increase salary again which is not possible at the moment

cool We are doom if dollar is exchange at the rate of 3000 naira because we import everything,we probably going to delete 3 zeros like ghana did few years ago

9) This is serious economic crisis + inflation

10)Is this your assignment or you just finished 5 bottles of casterberg
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by excellencyabia1: 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
If you ask me
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by jmichlins(m): 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Booking ticket for lecture of the week. Someone should sit beside me
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by psucc(m): 7:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
The lack of focus by the APC government on economic blueprints for the nation is one factor that has put us where we are.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by izyericson: 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
bettercreature:
1)GEJ devalue naira from 157naira to 197naira before he left office

2) There is no devaulation since PMB took over

3)Devaluation doesnt have anything to do with oil price,

4)oil crashed because of abundant American shale oil and excess oil production around the worild

5)It's more easier now to make a thousand than 8 months ago because of increase in price of good and services

6) a bottle of malt would will sell at 200naira if there is devaluation

7) price of good and service will shoot up and there will be need to increase salary again which is not possible at the moment

cool We are doom if dollar is exchange at the rate of 3000 naira because we import everything,we probably going to delete 3 zeros like ghana did few years ago

9) This is serious economic crisis + inflation

10)Is this your assignment or you just finished 5 bottles of casterberg

You really made valid points, but may not agree with you on 5 because more people have lost jobs this 2016 January than the last three four months put together.

then your 10: brother, I am just thinking aloud oo, no birthday shayo oo
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by izyericson: 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
psucc:
The lack of focus by the APC government on economic blueprints for the nation is one factor that has put us where we are.

possibly so, but am asking if prices should remain as they are right now? when the determinants have already changed
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its Either I Don't Understand Or Are Missing Something! by izyericson: 11:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
jmichlins:
Booking ticket for lecture of the week. Someone should sit beside me

ha-ha ha, no combined work oo

(1) (Reply)

US News: ''Nigeria, The Most Corrupt Country In The World By Perception'' / Photos: Boy Stabbed In The Throat By His Friends In IDP Camp, Borno / To Ensure Quality, Ikpeazu Inspects Projects In Aba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.