Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) (45396 Views)

PHOTOS: Jay Jay Okocha At Lagos Marathon / This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) / Lagos Marathon: List Of Prize Money To Be Given To Every Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by globalresource: 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Realdeals:
Who send them! I remember participating in the first MTN half marathon in 2002. While on Ahmadu Bello way one guy just change his running course and started heading towards the beach, it took the intervention of people around who got hold of him and tied him with rope.

Aaaaaah... That one na village marathon grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by doveda: 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Vanquay:
The first One mile is always the hardest. I will never forget my first Track tryout, I came dead last and the coach took me on out of pity...I persevered and today I have a 2/3 scholarship and Fafsa takes care of the rest...Full Ride to College...Never Give up...Fitness is never easy when you first start, now I have girls lining up to suck my divk cool

INSPIRATIONAL cool

Liar!
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Realdeals(m): 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
roxell120:
if ur story is true that means you stood at akimbo watching them tie the guy with rope nah. When did you finish your own race?

I was already tired myself, most of us do not have the intention of participating in the race. What we were told when we collected the running kit actually prompted us to participate. They said anyone that is able to cover at least 8km of the race will be given some gift like GSM phone which is like gold then.
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by ruffcoin99(m): 11:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
i just can't stop laughing grin
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by decepticos(m): 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
vicola0281:
am going to faint too if I don't get 100likes oooo
have u fainted yet?
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Mattew690(m): 11:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
your papa who give you work do//////////////
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 07, 2016
doveda:

Liar!

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by thimbook2(m): 12:15am On Feb 07, 2016
Realdeals:
Who send them! I remember participating in the first MTN half marathon in 2002. While on Ahmadu Bello way one guy just change his running course and started heading towards the beach, it took the intervention of people around who got hold of him and tied him with rope.

The same witches who followed him to Lagos must hve decided it was time to send him home via a 'watery' shortcut grin.
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by paparazzi1987(m): 12:25am On Feb 07, 2016
Shey na by force !! grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Panzerfaust(m): 12:28am On Feb 07, 2016
truetalknow:
Lol, who send them? Nonsense. They no practice o. Stupid stupid . Marathon needs at least 6 months practice. NONSENSE
I agree. Only professional long distance runners stand a chance in a 42km marathon. Anybody who thinks he can do it without years of training and body-conditioning, is joking with death.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Emeka2007: 12:28am On Feb 07, 2016
they should make the marathon Nigerians only abeg.. These kenyans are from another planet.. heard they ran to Nigeria for the competition and will run back after the competition. how we wan compete with such people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 12:35am On Feb 07, 2016
Xposer:
This shows that the path to success is no easy task... This is what happened earlier today as citizens gathered in Lagos metropolis to compete for the coveted $50,000 in the 2016 Lagos Marathon event. Pictured are some athletes who fainted during the marathon as they being attended to by health officials officials who were on standby. "To be a man is not a day's job".

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/see-photos-of-casualties-from-2016.html
/
I don't know which is worse: The fainting or the kwarikwata from the mattresses.

Who in their right minds will participate in a marathon when Kenyans are present? The geographical location of Kenya gives them altitude advantage. So in a normal altitude, while folks are running out of breathe, Kenyans feel like they are just starting the race.
/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by NaLaugh: 12:42am On Feb 07, 2016
Damn, look at those nasty mattresses. Scabies, eczema and more guaranteed.
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by jgatherer(m): 12:56am On Feb 07, 2016
vicola0281:
Se you don faint finish ?
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by fart: 12:59am On Feb 07, 2016
only the men fainted grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by FirstCounsel(m): 1:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Oh gosh! This cracked me up real good. Just pictured d scenario in my head & cldnt help laughing out cheesy[quote author=Realdeals post=42684582]Who send them! I remember participating in the first MTN half marathon in 2002. While on Ahmadu Bello way one guy just change his running course a
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Housematesnaija: 1:09am On Feb 07, 2016
!!!Do something different in 2016!!!!

Are you Looking for a room in a flat/bungalow/duplex? Have you got a spare room to rent in your flat, bungalow or duplex? Looking to save some cost and even earn more cash? Tired of agent issues/cost? HouseMatesNaija is here to bridge that gap...check our new platform out www.housematesnaija.com where you can advertise all for Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please also visit and like our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/housematesnaija/?view_public_for=696290837174726)

https://www.instagram.com/housematesnaija/

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by stanleyazo(m): 1:25am On Feb 07, 2016
Who send am??
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Cheechy(f): 1:52am On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=slam7000 post=42688901]

Are you sure about that??

Those mattresses should have been covered with water proof materials. They look dirty, the floor they were laid were dusty and filthy and the athletes were sweating loads. I'm certain after this event, whoever supplied them would pack them up along with the pathogens they would be harbouring ready to be used another day. [/b]

Why can't we do things right??[[b]
/quote]

That unfortunately is the Nigerian standard.... the complete absence of any.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by SolexxBarry(m): 2:42am On Feb 07, 2016
vicola0281:

What are u still waiting for,faint na cheesy
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by SolexxBarry(m): 3:07am On Feb 07, 2016
grin and on anoda post here on nl,an old woman of 68 completed d race, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by lanre2009: 3:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Realdeals:

Gat me cracking..... grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by AmeLonRo(m): 3:54am On Feb 07, 2016
Op next time show us the pictures of the winners. grin
I like seeing winners as am winning and want to be motivated to win still grin
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 4:17am On Feb 07, 2016
vicola0281:
YOU BETTER.
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by Emmau0091(m): 5:19am On Feb 07, 2016
Who send them.....
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by bollyfolly: 5:30am On Feb 07, 2016
Realdeals:

Lol cry kiss cry cry
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by JayJustus(m): 5:34am On Feb 07, 2016
Modenzy:
Eyaaaaaaaaaah. I blame the economy. It's poverty that caused this.
Running on empty stomach, hypertension etc..

mehhhhhhhhh... your brain is in recession fam sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by stewarto1: 5:36am On Feb 07, 2016
My Psalm 23 prayer in Pidgin English for just u only :
1.The Lord na ur shepherd, u dey kampe.
2. E make u sidon for where better dey flow yanfu yanfu. And come put
u next tostream make ur body
thermocool.
3. E panel beat ur soul come spray am white, come dey lead u dey go
through express road of
righteousness because of Him name.
4. Walaii! If u waka pass where arm
robber, 419 and juju people boku,
come even join boko haram reach
valley of the shadow of death sef, liver no go fail u. Your rod and staff nko? Na so dem dey like backbone dey comfort u.
5. Him don arrange good fufu and Amala on top table make u chop. See
bad belle people dey look waa waa.
Him rub u for head with vaseline
intensive lotion. Ur cup come be
like River Niger dey troway dey go.
6. True true, better life and mercy go
dey follow u till u quench. And u go
tanda for God house... lai lai u no go
comot for wia better dey.
God Almighty, Na you biko! pls say AMEN

I begi no shaken. God dey your side gidigba dis YEAR

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by cloud77: 5:43am On Feb 07, 2016
It is amazing how a lot of young people fainted when a 58 year old woman successfully completed the 42km Lagos Marathon!

See her picture and story here: http://www.voguenigeria.com/page/2/
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by branhampaul: 5:43am On Feb 07, 2016
It Aint Easy But We Thank God No Died..Life Is All About Competition.. www.facebook.com/kingdprnf
Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by preselect(m): 6:28am On Feb 07, 2016
Lagos get marathon? who wan run for that hot weather? how many miles be the marathon? and don't they prepare for the marathon before registering? abi na anyhow anyone fit run? I know NY marathon I wanted to run lat yr they gave me a long list of qualification criteria. people prepare for it by running daily for 6 months etc ahead of the marathon. . . and it's usually in the autumn/fall, when weather dey cold so heat stroke or heat exhaustion would be uncommon

na wa o

meanwhile. . . .has Mallam Buhari found the chibok girls yet?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) by ChiSun27(m): 6:28am On Feb 07, 2016
Realdeals:

Even if it might b a lie...u justt made me laugh hard!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Bathing Publicly In Onitsha Because Of Chelsea-Leicester Match (Photos) / Sergino Dest Leaves Club's Training Camp In Qatar Amid Iran Tensions / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.