Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,625 members, 7,770,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:50 PM

My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. (1682 Views)

Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court / The Card Leaders Of House Of Reps Press Corps Gave To Dogara / Fresh Trouble For David Mark As INEC Card Reader Detects More Ghost Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by foriz4u(m): 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
I have said it b4 and I will keep saying it over and over again.
The use of card readers in the past elections was a total waste of resource, time and rigging enable tactically. Prof. Jega should be brought to book for electoral criminality and wastage .
I was part of the team in ward 10, unit 2, Ikaja LGA and operated the card reader (APO1's duty) during the presidential and senatorial elections and as APO2 during the guber election thereby taking charge of the voters register.
during our training I was the only one that was bold enough, voluntarily came out to operate the card reader at the training centere located at a secondary school somewhere around Ikeja high court. I gained ground with my SPO so I was tought secretly how to programme the card reader(CR) to make it suit each piling unit else its just like a computer without an OS. so if a particular CR is not present in a polling unit it will appear to the electorates (lane men) that accreditation or voting won't b done. but that's not the case because we have the voters' register which supersedes the CR containing every PVCs details. therefore, making the CR useless n unnecessary.
I'm sure some of us notice some persons PVCs were not read by the CRs simply because the PVC was not programmed unto the CR.

During accreditations and voting the use of the CR n the voters register were both used and we were tought that after accreditation was over we should upload by communicating through one of the icons but all through my LGA non of us communicated.

At the end of the day work it was the voters register we all used to get the actual numbers of people that voted and accredited.

As a matter of fact 2card readers got missen that same night after voting was done but our SPO never got worried she asked to go home and was confident to find it.
After 4days my SPO summoned everyone in my polling unit 1&2 and was almost crying just because one of the voters register had gone missen. it took us 5 whole hours b4 we were able to fish it out from one of the trash bin...u needed to see d point of relief in her face.

I then began to wonder; why do we need this card readers?
why do ve to accredit using both d CR n d voters register?
why do we have to allow even those whose fingers was not read by d CR to vote even without issuing an incident form?
why were those whose details were not on d CRs but on d voters register allowed to vote?

these and many more question brought me to a finite conclusion that the CR was a nuisance, a waste of time and a total waste of public funds.

if we have to go electronic in voting I've a better suggestion and not with card readers.

Prof. Jega should be probed for gross misconduct and electrical fraud because he deceived Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by Femich18(m): 11:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
I took part in d election as well. Infact I was a serving corps member during dt period and took part in d rerun election as well. I can categorically tell u dt d card reader helped alot cos without d card reader dre may be rigging. The CR acts as a medium to check d no of accredited voters ...and I'm sure u knw dt d no of voters must not equal to accredited voters nt to talk of being equal to it, and d list of accredited voters are stored immediately on d CR. I can say it anywre dt d CR really helped in having a fair election ...Thank u
Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by foriz4u(m): 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Femich18:
I took part in d election as well. Infact I was a serving corps member during dt period and took part in d rerun election as well. I can categorically tell u dt d card reader helped alot cos without d card reader dre may be rigging. The CR acts as a medium to check d no of accredited voters ...and I'm sure u knw dt d no of voters must not equal to accredited voters nt to talk of being equal to it, and d list of accredited voters are stored immediately on d CR. I can say it anywre dt d CR really helped in having a fair election ...Thank u
@femich18. this is not a debate. the truth is obvious... tell me one thing the CR can serve that d voters register couldn't do better.
u take making with a red pen for accreditation and a blue or black for voting on the voters register. so tell me, what purpose do we then need the CR for? no check numbers accredited ur said? that's a nuisance.
was ur CR able to tell u numbers of ppl that voted or registered in the polling unit, ward, LGA, state or the country? NO!!! but ur VR can give u all of that... so why spend N1500 buying a rag to sweep a room wen u can get a broom of for N100 that an do it far better?
haven't you read the supreme court reason for upholding the recent judgment? if u haven't kindly do
Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by Femich18(m): 12:13am On Feb 07, 2016
foriz4u:

@femich18. this is not a debate. the truth is obvious... tell me one thing the CR can serve that d voters register couldn't do better.
u take making with a red pen for accreditation and a blue or black for voting on the voters register. so tell me, what purpose do we then need the CR for? no check numbers accredited ur said? that's a nuisance.
was ur CR able to tell u numbers of ppl that voted or registered in the polling unit, ward, LGA, state or the country? NO!!! but ur VR can give u all of that... so why spend N1500 buying a rag to sweep a room wen u can get a broom of for N100 that an do it far better?
haven't you read the supreme court reason for upholding the recent judgment? if u haven't kindly do

Yes d CR can't give me d number of d voters yes I know Bt d CR checkmate rigging cos wtot d CR I can easily manipulate d number of Voters to a close figure to d register.Assuming d number of registered voters is 500, I can easily manipulate the voters easily to 490 wreas it was only 300 dt voted. But d CR won't allow dt cos the number of accredited voters will Ve been registered electronically, therefore it will help to check manipulation
if u dnt get me, Wt I mean is dt d no of voters on d CR can't b altered unlike dt of d register and the CR is d standard for a valid election.

3 Likes

Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by foriz4u(m): 7:25am On Feb 07, 2016
Femich18:

Yes d CR can't give me d number of d voters yes I know Bt d CR checkmate rigging cos wtot d CR I can easily manipulate d number of Voters to a close figure to d register.Assuming d number of registered voters is 500, I can easily manipulate the voters easily to 490 wreas it was only 300 dt voted. But d CR won't allow dt cos the number of accredited voters will Ve been registered electronically, therefore it will help to check manipulation
if u dnt get me, Wt I mean is dt d no of voters on d CR can't b altered unlike dt of d register and the CR is d standard for a valid election.
still does not count. don't u encounter cases where a PVC was not found on d CR? didnt we encounters cases of finger prints not read? didn't u see the massive rigging on some part of the north where children where thumbprinting? the reason we had less rigging was not because the CR can read numbers accredited, no! it was because of the fear of unfamiliarity of the new system. don't worry come 2019 if we still make use of the CR without any form of improvement we will have massive rigging.
Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by Femich18(m): 8:08am On Feb 07, 2016
foriz4u:

still does not count. don't u encounter cases where a PVC was not found on d CR? didnt we encounters cases of finger prints not read? didn't u see the massive rigging on some part of the north where children where thumbprinting? the reason we had less rigging was not because the CR can read numbers accredited, no! it was because of the fear of unfamiliarity of the new system. don't worry come 2019 if we still make use of the CR without any form of improvement we will have massive rigging.

Ok o...2019 its almost here
Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by dedarkman(m): 9:56am On Feb 07, 2016
foriz4u:
I have said it b4 and I will keep saying it over and over again.
The use of card readers in the past elections was a total waste of resource, time and rigging enable tactically. Prof. Jega should be brought to book for electoral criminality and wastage .
I was part of the team in ward 10, unit 2, Ikaja LGA and operated the card reader (APO1's duty) during the presidential and senatorial elections and as APO2 during the guber election thereby taking charge of the voters register.
during our training I was the only one that was bold enough, voluntarily came out to operate the card reader at the training centere located at a secondary school somewhere around Ikeja high court. I gained ground with my SPO so I was tought secretly how to programme the card reader(CR) to make it suit each piling unit else its just like a computer without an OS. so if a particular CR is not present in a polling unit it will appear to the electorates (lane men) that accreditation or voting won't b done. but that's not the case because we have the voters' register which supersedes the CR containing every PVCs details. therefore, making the CR useless n unnecessary.
I'm sure some of us notice some persons PVCs were not read by the CRs simply because the PVC was not programmed unto the CR.

During accreditations and voting the use of the CR n the voters register were both used and we were tought that after accreditation was over we should upload by communicating through one of the icons but all through my LGA non of us communicated.

At the end of the day work it was the voters register we all used to get the actual numbers of people that voted and accredited.

As a matter of fact 2card readers got missen that same night after voting was done but our SPO never got worried she asked to go home and was confident to find it.
After 4days my SPO summoned everyone in my polling unit 1&2 and was almost crying just because one of the voters register had gone missen. it took us 5 whole hours b4 we were able to fish it out from one of the trash bin...u needed to see d point of relief in her face.

I then began to wonder; why do we need this card readers?
why do ve to accredit using both d CR n d voters register?
why do we have to allow even those whose fingers was not read by d CR to vote even without issuing an incident form?
why were those whose details were not on d CRs but on d voters register allowed to vote?

these and many more question brought me to a finite conclusion that the CR was a nuisance, a waste of time and a total waste of public funds.

if we have to go electronic in voting I've a better suggestion and not with card readers.

Prof. Jega should be probed for gross misconduct and electrical fraud because he deceived Nigerians.
I have not logged in on my handler for almost 2-3month I just had to today because of you, I can stand here and tell you that your wrong with this your post I was a serving and participated as a PO in my polling unit and I eventually did all the work to using the card reader. During te training I scored the highest,to cut story short during the governor election I made sure I accredited all that came to vote I repeat all that came with their card and belongs to that area. I handled obanikoro ward at gerrad in ikoyi. Yea we had case of card reader not detecting their thumbs but with the right technics I made the card reader to detect all that came cause I had all the time in the gov election. Most cases I had to make them clean their hands with dry white hanky and most case I even ask then to touch the ground to make their hand dusty and all worked. If u see someone that has soft Palms u need to help them press their hands on the card readers, someone with sweaty palms they dry their hands and even touch dust so it can be read. To stop here please always get ur facts right before coming to the public to spread lies . Thanks. I was chosen for that location for a reason and I delivered without problems.
Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by Aspireahead(m): 11:31am On Feb 07, 2016
dedarkman:
I have not logged in on my handler for almost 2-3month I just had to today because of you, I can stand here and tell you that your wrong with this your post I was a serving and participated as a PO in my polling unit and I eventually did all the work to using the card reader. During te training I scored the highest,to cut story short during the governor election I made sure I accredited all that came to vote I repeat all that came with their card and belongs to that area. I handled obanikoro ward at gerrad in ikoyi. Yea we had case of card reader not detecting their thumbs but with the right technics I made the card reader to detect all that came cause I had all the time in the gov election. Most cases I had to make them clean their hands with dry white hanky and most case I even ask then to touch the ground to make their hand dusty and all worked. If u see someone that has soft Palms u need to help them press their hands on the card readers, someone with sweaty palms they dry their hands and even touch dust so it can be read. To stop here please always get ur facts right before coming to the public to spread lies . Thanks. I was chosen for that location for a reason and I delivered without problems.

my experience was actually funny...as we end up not holding elections(we ran for our lives actually).
the distance between where we were sent to was over 4hrs drive...or 2 hrs if we would cross a big river by canoe(who wan die for inec?)..we reach polling unit after we on comot for RAG abi na RAC center...we know see battery for card reader....Gbese...village people don begin shout...we tell dem say we dey come...make we go bring register...i sure say them still dey wait
Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by foriz4u(m): 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
dedarkman:

lol...I'm glad to call Lazarus out from his slumber after 3months glory to God. but u need to get facts cleared instead because ur uncommon problem shootings which is not wat we re discussing here.
Re: My Experiece With The Card Reader As APO I&II. by foriz4u(m): 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Aspireahead:

my experience was actually funny...as we end up not holding elections(we ran for our lives actually).
the distance between where we were sent to was over 4hrs drive...or 2 hrs if we would cross a big river by canoe(who wan die for inec?)..we reach polling unit after we on comot for RAG abi na RAC center...we know see battery for card reader....Gbese...village people don begin shout...we tell dem say we dey come...make we go bring register...i sure say them still dey wait
hahahahaha.... so funny. in that case d CR was useless...exactly my point!
make them wait till 2019 notre...lol

(1) (Reply)

Breaking On El Zakzaky Detention / Joe Igbokwe Rediculed / 2 Million Proof To Show You That The Chibok Girls Kidnap And Rescue Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.