Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Why Are You A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are You A Muslim (1018 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You A Muslim by bindex(m): 6:33am On Jul 03, 2009
I have been banned from all the Muslim blogs I frequent and I am tired of creating new email address to sign up so I have quit, I will now want to engage the NL Muslim ummah, I hope I don't get banned.

Why are you guys Muslims? This should not be a topic about atheism or christianity, You can simply state why you disbelief christianity and why you are not an atheist but the main topic should be your reasons for being a Muslim. Thank you.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by olabowale(m): 12:04am On Jul 04, 2009
Soonu Bindex. Yoowaa. Sorry my Hausa writting is worse and my spoken Hausa is just a shade better.

Good question. I hope the derailers of threads will not derail this one, to argue about this and that and not the Topic!

I am a muslim, after being raised by a mother is a former Christian, because Islam naturally appeal to me, to be a means or process of "Spiritual focus," even before I knew what islam stands for. Of course mothers are the single most the part parental entity that Offspring see in the matters of nurture and moral example. My mother was a good mother to me with much far for me, as a baby and all through my life, till today. I remember as a baby that she would do everything to please me. In my early days, say from age 3 upward, I still can remember her giving me smoked Salmon, piece with some biscuits and warm tea before bed.

In the afternoon, my choice of beverage was Crola, and I always get a tall glass, enough for my stomach, and even share with my peers who I play with. With all this special care, and with the fact that my mother was a devoted Christian, now a Muslim, Alhamdulillah, you can see that Islam must have attrected me so much that I never at anytime practiced Christianity. Yet my father (ra) was a man that little babies like me will have to consider to be grandfather, at least, so his influence on me, even though I saw him often and quite enough, was very minimal. My older brothers were old enough to be my parents, some have children 5 to 10 years older than me. And by the way I was not the last child!

If you consider all of these, above, you will see that my love for the physical process of Salah, the standing, bending and prostrating attracted me and I enjoyed it. I hear the call of prayer and my heart gets excited. The fasting was very special to me and I have been observing the full 30 days as early when I was before 7 years old.

Now, when i became older to even begin to discriminate between right and wrong and my belief in what is known as God (Allah) begins to take shape, I knew that there was ONLY ONE SINGULAR ENITITY that can be THIS HOLDER OF THE HONOR! His name to me was and still Allah.

I could not fathom the though that this GOD is at anytime powerless and can be overcome or not be needed by any. Infact I believed then as I believe now that all beings need HIm, subcontiously, even even some deny that He is not in existence. Their hearts and their souls know they are lying and He does exist! And all through this period of my life, I did not know how to read the Quran. Infact not even a letter of the the arabic language I could point out to anyone.Not even Alif! But my heart was drawn to Allah and never waivered!

Now that I am over 40 years old, the age which no one can claim to be orphan still,I have learnt how to read the arabic Quran, and from the Mercy of this Merciful Allah the Almighty, the Quran comes alive in my heart when I read it, and when I read it in English I understand it and knows that the world did not just exist all of a sudden, except there is a planner and the Planner is Allah, who created me as a human for a purpose. My purpose is to worship Him and He will amke ways for the rest; my life and my death and my worship is for His Pleasure. I seek Mercy from Him and I am in Submisssion to Him, willingly.

Again, why am I a Muslim. I find a clear and the only successful destination in it.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by bindex(m): 5:13am On Jul 04, 2009
olabowale:

Soonu Bindex. Yoowaa. Sorry my Hausa writting is worse and my spoken Hausa is just a shade better.

Ina ansa wa. My greeting to you too. grin grin

Good question. I hope the derailers of threads will not derail this one, to argue about this and that and not the Topic!

I hope so too.

I am a muslim, after being raised by a mother is a former Christian, because Islam naturally appeal to me, to be a means or process of "Spiritual focus," even before I knew what islam stands for. Of course mothers are the single most the part parental entity that Offspring see in the matters of nurture and moral example. My mother was a good mother to me with much far for me, as a baby and all through my life, till today. I remember as a baby that she would do everything to please me. In my early days, say from age 3 upward, I still can remember her giving me smoked Salmon, piece with some biscuits and warm tea before bed.

Nice to know that you have a very loving and caring mum. What is this "spiritual focus" you are talking about? Any special promises in islam that attracted you to it?

In the afternoon, my choice of beverage was Crola, and I always get a tall glass, enough for my stomach, and even share with my peers who I play with. With all this special care, and with the fact that my mother was a devoted Christian, now a Muslim, Alhamdulillah, you can see that Islam must have attrected me so much that I never at anytime practiced Christianity. Yet my father (ra) was a man that little babies like me will have to consider to be grandfather, at least, so his influence on me, even though I saw him often and quite enough, was very minimal. My older brothers were old enough to be my parents, some have children 5 to 10 years older than me. And by the way I was not the last child!

What is it specifically that attracted you to islam?

If you consider all of these, above, you will see that my love for the physical process of Salah, the standing, bending and prostrating attracted me and I enjoyed it. I hear the call of prayer and my heart gets excited. The fasting was very special to me and I have been observing the full 30 days as early when I was before 7 years old.

Beside the physical processes like salah, what message in the koran stands out that keeps you in the islamic faith?

Now, when i became older to even begin to discriminate between right and wrong and my belief in what is known as God (Allah) begins to take shape, I knew that there was ONLY ONE SINGULAR ENITITY that can be THIS HOLDER OF THE HONOR! His name to me was and still Allah.

Any thing about Allah that separates him from the other Gods?

I could not fathom the though that this GOD is at anytime powerless and can be overcome or not be needed by any. Infact I believed then as I believe now that all beings need HIm, subcontiously, even even some deny that He is not in existence. Their hearts and their souls know they are lying and He does exist! And all through this period of my life, I did not know how to read the Quran. Infact not even a letter of the the arabic language I could point out to anyone.Not even Alif! But my heart was drawn to Allah and never waivered!

Do you have any evidence to show that Allah indeed exist?

Now that I am over 40 years old, the age which no one can claim to be orphan still,I have learnt how to read the arabic Quran, and from the Mercy of this Merciful Allah the Almighty, the Quran comes alive in my heart when I read it, and when I read it in English I understand it and knows that the world did not just exist all of a sudden, except there is a planner and the Planner is Allah, who created me as a human for a purpose. My purpose is to worship Him and He will amke ways for the rest; my life and my death and my worship is for His Pleasure. I seek Mercy from Him and I am in Submisssion to Him, willingly.

There are so many books that are similar to the koran(christian and hebrew bible) What is it about the koran that makes it different. These are they kinds of things I want to know so that we can discuss further.

Again, why am I a Muslim. I find a clear and the only successful destination in it.

What makes the islamic destination better than say the jewish or christian destination?
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by muhsin(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2009
bindex:

I have been banned from all the Muslim blogs I frequent and I am tired of creating new email address to sign up so I have quit, I will now want to engage the NL Muslim ummah, I hope I don't get banned.

Oh. . .too bad for ya, bud.

Why are you guys Muslims? This should not be a topic about atheism or Christianity, You can simply state why you disbelief Christianity and why you are not an atheist but the main topic should be your reasons for being a Muslim. Thank you.

I wish I got enough time at my disposal to talk categorically on this very important thread as did a brother Olabs. But any way, let me have a try. Hope it'll clear some airs outside there. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely speaking, Christianity is wholly false. And pack that Atheism stuff aside, for I know NO same humanbeing can claim himself an atheist. Alhamdulillah.

I disbelief in Christianity and belief in Islam when I, ESPECIALLY, look at that Trinity obscurity and dogmatism. It's boldly and numerously said therein the Bible that the Lord?God is one, but they claim that he's three. I wonder it's in algebraic or in ordinary mathematics that 1+1+1=1. This rationally, intelligently and reasonably sound completely absurd and even thoughtless. Contrary to this it's said:

Old Testament:

1-Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. (Deuteronomy 6: 4)

2-Has not the One God made and sustained for us the spirit of life?(Malachi 2: 15) 

3-I am the first and I am the last; besides Me there is no god. Who is like Me? (Isaiah 44: 6)

4-And many other verses.

New Testament:

1-One came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he (Jesus) said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God.(Matthew 19: 16-17, in Kings James Version)

2-Now this is life eternal, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.(John 17: 3)

3-Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is One Lord. (Mark 12: 29)

4-And many other verses

You see? Why then would they say there are three God,i.e. god the father, god the son and god the holy spirit?

Qur'an, on this issue, states (in corroboration of these quoted verses ):

1-Say: He is Allah, the One; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begets not, nor is He begotten; and there is none like unto Him. (112: 1-4)

2-There is no god but I; so worship Me. (21: 25)

3-Can there be another god besides Allah (God)? High is Allah above what they associate with Him.(27: 63)

Indeed, this message concerning the Oneness of God (i.e., Tawheed in Arabic) is the essential theme of the Qur’an. Why should I take Qur'an, then?

After Trinity, another issue in relation to it is the calling of all the Prophet to worship none but Allah. For example, when Moses (p.b.u.h) was asked about the first commandment in your Bible. He said in Mark 12:28-29 and said the Lord is One.

Noah (p.b.u.h) said in Qur'an 33:23 that God is One.

Prophet Hood (p.b.u.h) in Qur'an 7:59 said the same.

Salih (p.b.u.h) in Qur'an 7:65 also said the same.

Shu'aib (p.b.u.h) in the same vein uttered the same in Qur'an 7:73.

And all others said. Therefore, Muhammad (p.b.u.h)'s message is BUT true. Allah says unto him: "And We sent no messenger before you but commended him to inform his people that there is no true God except I; therefore worship Me alone. (Qur'an 21:25).

Moreover, I don't at all believe that Jesus was the son of God. This may come up next time. Now there are loads to do on the net.

Thanks for your understanding. May the Lord of Muhammad (p.b.u.h), the Lord of Jesus (p.b.u.h), our Lord--Allah, the Exalted, guide us all, ameen.

Muhsin
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by olabowale(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2009
@Bindex:

Nice to know that you have a very loving and caring mum. What is this "spiritual focus" you are talking about? Any special promises in islam that attracted you to it?
The fact that I do not have to have three masters and roll them into One is very attractive to me. It allows my heart to have a very simple and single focus. Paradise as a reward for obedience, responsibility while on earth.

[Quote]
What is it specifically that attracted you to islam?
[/quote]
Everyday's remembrance of compulsory duties; Salah for one, the weekly Jumuah prayer, the one month in a year fast and other voluntary fasts, the once in a life time hajj, the Zakat and Sadaqah and daily remembrance of Allah are part of what attracted me to it. It was not feasible for me to abandone this for Christianity of my mom.

[Quote]
Beside the physical processes like salah, what message in the koran stands out that keeps you in the islamic faith?
[/quote]
The admonition that one should fear Allah's punishment by coming to Him. The fact that I do not carry a sin committed by somebody else, like Adam and his wife Eve. The fact that there is no asking of my great grandfather's sin from me and all the way to great greatgrand son who have nothing to do with the man, but me their great great grand father, in a very remote way. I could do without feeling guilty for the shortcoming of another man who iI hardly knew. Can you imagine my great great grandson takingup the gult as well?

Any thing about Allah that separates him from the other Gods?
While the Jewish God, Yahweh, Jehovah, Eloi, Elohim, etc is called by Jews as father and they themselves called themselves Lords and Gods, and the Christians call their Gods, Father God, Son God, and Ghost God, both have said that their Gods have partlially or wholly been seen with naked eyes, humans and remained alive. Allah on the other hand, is not been represented like the Hindus andd their idols, etc, and He is no father nor son to any one. He is the All knower, while Jesus did not know the time of the hour and had to refer the knower to Father. he is capable to do all things, alone, while father hadto consult and the christian insinuating that that will be permission from Jesus, He Allah creates everything, while the Christian says that Jesus was not created by any god; father or ghost, and He Allah does not die, always alive, while Jesus, a 3rd of the Christian Triun died, according to te Bible of the Christians. Ican give you a trilion specic and unique qualities, but Allah in a nutshell, is the Lord God Creator that whateverthe heart makes up that He looks like, that will not be Him!

Do you have any evidence to show that Allah indeed exist?
Humans are always so quick to dismiss as unreal what they can not experience through the senses that they know. But these senses are not that humans have. There is the mind/soul that is intangible. Its different from the heart, which is a muscle, a flesh y meat, part of the body.Your soul/mind guides your morality which your heart is able to feel as it interpretes it. Just like the skin does not feel burns except until the nervous system interpretes the pain that will register as burns from fire, etc.  If the nervous system does not entertain the message from the conduit of nerves that carries this message of skin being burn, to the brain, and the brain in turn interpreting it, the burning victim would have become as a burnt charcoal amber, dead, yet no one will hear a cry of pain.

Allah on theability to know that He exists does not have to be by site. Afterall you have never seen the heavens, yet you know that above the layers of galaxies, etc, there is an envelope that is known as heaven. You do not even see its effect. Yet on earth, the wind is blowing, not seen but the effect is felt. Allah is theCreator of both, hence His presence is not seen but felt, like that of the wind. You know that He is there if you believe that the chances of all of these hings known as what makes up the earth, and the space bodies, and the heavens can not happen by chance. If it had we human beings would not have been completely different from say Elephant. Elephant different from Giraffe, etc. Hence Allah's presence is known and some of His Superior effects can not be felt like that of the heavens to us now. Humans will fell this effect or these effets at the time of death and day of ressurrection.

Finally, if a baby in the womb were to be asked if there is a place called earth, his answer will show his neivetes. Since his limited knowledge does not let him recognized that Mom who is carrying him is on earth and he under the control of mom. This can be the similitude of a person who ask, how can one be sure that Allah exists. What is the purpose of all of these on earth and ourselves, if there is no Allah?

There are so many books that are similar to the koran(christian and hebrew bible) What is it about the koran that makes it different. These are they kinds of things I want to know so that we can discuss further.
Similar and thats the only thing that they have, just the statement that they are all books of religions. Both so is the HIndu books, since that is a book of religion, too. The uniqueness of Quran (not K) is that it is primarily an oral recital. It was that in the very moment it was being revealed. Remember that Muhammad (AS) was not able to read, so his reading of the Quran was simply by oral recitation an not reading from the Book! It is an unchanging recitation. Those who read or recite in Warsh, when they recite in a region that Hafs is common, the listener hears and understands his recitation as correct! Quran is never changing. Thought the Muslims may change, that will be their own faults. Allah promised to keep the Quran safe from the hands and influence and generational thoughts and tampering of humans, which plagued Torah of the Jews and Injil of the Christians.

What makes the islamic destination better than say the jewish or christian destination?

If the Jews had remained had remained as they were in theological purityunder Prophet Moses (AS), they would not have adopted the name Jew. And their religion would never have been Jewish. In the days of Moses, what they practiced was Islam of its day! This Islam would have naturally lead them, the one who were alive, to follow Jesus (AS) as he became a prophet, practicing and preaching his own Islam of his day! Thes people, the reminants would have just in the same way follow Muhammad (AS) the one sent to all mankind, not just Arabs. Though he started with the arabs, his own people, since no prophet ever started with anyone but his own people. ut Muhammad (AS) was the only one who said I am sent to all mankind and supports his claims by having companions outside his own people; He has for black Africans and black people, Bilal ibn Rabah (RA), and others. This african was a slave and the first caller to prayer, a position even covetted by Ali bin AbiTalib.

He had for the white people, the Europeans, Shuaib AL Roma, and for Asiatic and Persian people Salman Al Farsi. Quran is still preserved orally, just the same way it was in the time of Muhammad (AS). If anyone were to critically looked at Islam, the name means willingly submission. Or peacefully submitting. The name was used in the Quran by Ibrahm (AS) in Surah An Am (Chapter 6), when he was making this prayer to his Creator. Neither Moses used the name Jewish as his religion, nor did Jesus used the name Christianity for his own religion. Muhammad used the name Islam for his own religion and called himself a muslim along with his followers.Promised, you asked: Paradise altimately in the day of Judgement. Forgiveness on this earth of my sins. I do not carry the Original sin overload as the Christians do carry. I am responsible for my own happiness, because Allah says I will not change the condition of a people unil they begin the change themselves. So my Lord knows my heart and knows my soul longs for Him, so I have all the ingredients to make me have the changes, and this is His Mercy!

The destination has things that are familiar to me on earth, the things that make this life enjoyable; the enjoyment of life, in a purest and highest grade that can always be the best. Am sure that some people will criticise the sex part, who among man or woman that doo not long for it. When a man or woman reaches the sexual age, the homones kicks in and everyone is restless to experience it. Even if they do, it is a raging fight (Jihad; struggle) internally that stops him or her. Who does not like the best of what he /she loves to eat; fruits, good drinks, the best of meals and oh the comfort of relaxation, a rest from hardship! These and more is in Paradise. When Tyra banks was a 19 years old new model in the late 1980s, she was very pretty then. People like me wanted her, a a wife. Today she is not as attractive. Just imagine that a husband sees his wife as pretty and desirable as the very first time he say her. That is even inferior to the relationship in paradise.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by bindex(m): 6:16am On Jul 05, 2009
muhsin:

Oh. . .too bad for ya, bud.

That's how it is. wink

Sincerely speaking, Christianity is wholly false.

As a Muslim this statement should be expected. grin

And pack that Atheism stuff aside, for I know NO same humanbeing can claim himself an atheist. Alhamdulillah.

I am a very sane and rational human being and I am an Atheist. Bill Gates is an atheist he is not some one you will call an insane person No?

I disbelief in Christianity and belief in Islam when I, ESPECIALLY, look at that Trinity obscurity and dogmatism. It's boldly and numerously said therein the Bible that the Lord?God is one, but they claim that he's three. I wonder it's in algebraic or in ordinary mathematics that 1+1+1=1. This rationally, intelligently and reasonably sound completely absurd and even thoughtless. Contrary to this it's said:

Do you only believe in Islam because the trinity does not make sense to you? grin

Old Testament:

1-Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. (Deuteronomy 6: 4)

2-Has not the One God made and sustained for us the spirit of life?(Malachi 2: 15) 

3-I am the first and I am the last; besides Me there is no god. Who is like Me? (Isaiah 44: 6)

4-And many other verses.

New Testament:

1-One came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he (Jesus) said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God.(Matthew 19: 16-17, in Kings James Version)

2-Now this is life eternal, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.(John 17: 3)

3-Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is One Lord. (Mark 12: 29)

4-And many other verses

You see? Why then would they say there are three God,i.e. god the father, god the son and god the holy spirit?

Qur'an, on this issue, states (in corroboration of these quoted verses ):

1-Say: He is Allah, the One; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begets not, nor is He begotten; and there is none like unto Him. (112: 1-4)

2-There is no god but I; so worship Me. (21: 25)

3-Can there be another god besides Allah (God)? High is Allah above what they associate with Him.(27: 63)

Indeed, this message concerning the Oneness of God (i.e., Tawheed in Arabic) is the essential theme of the Qur’an. Why should I take Qur'an, then?

After Trinity, another issue in relation to it is the calling of all the Prophet to worship none but Allah. For example, when Moses (p.b.u.h) was asked about the first commandment in your Bible. He said in Mark 12:28-29 and said the Lord is One.

Noah (p.b.u.h) said in Qur'an 33:23 that God is One.

Prophet Hood (p.b.u.h) in Qur'an 7:59 said the same.

Salih (p.b.u.h) in Qur'an 7:65 also said the same.

Shu'aib (p.b.u.h) in the same vein uttered the same in Qur'an 7:73.

And all others said. Therefore, Muhammad (p.b.u.h)'s message is BUT true. Allah says unto him: "And We sent no messenger before you but commended him to inform his people that there is no true God except I; therefore worship Me alone. (Qur'an 21:25).

Moreover, I don't at all believe that Jesus was the son of God. This may come up next time. Now there are loads to do on the net.

Thanks for your understanding. May the Lord of Muhammad (p.b.u.h), the Lord of Jesus (p.b.u.h), our Lord--Allah, the Exalted, guide us all, ameen.

Muhsin

Have you ever taken time to study the claims of Islam which are written in the koran to see if they are actually true? Have you ever studied the koran outside muslim sources to hear the argument from the other side, or do you accept what the koran says because you believe it conveys the message of Allah?
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by bindex(m): 6:20am On Jul 05, 2009
@olabowale

Nice rejoinders. I just want to know it you have ever studied the koran from other historical sources to know weather its assertions are indeed true? For example what has circular history got to say about how the koran was written and complied? Have you ever tried to engage yourself in that kind of study?
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by olabowale(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
No. The reason is that I found non Muslims for the most part always wanting to water down, Allah, Islam, and Muhammad (AS). For example, if you dont even believe, but heard that there is a fire that burns flesh as a consequent of not paying taxes, it will be unwise for a person not to be curious to know about this fire and the pain it will inflict before one arbitrarily decide to skip paying taxes, especially when you know you can't escape to another land where the arm of the tax man cant reach you so that it can scourge you with that fire.

For example, I avoid the orientalists, like John Esposito because of the unbenefitting knowledge for himself he has. One time I listened to him, I heard him telling the moderator that Quran was just as revised as the Bible! To me that was just the height of deceit, a level that I have never imagined! I asked myself, when was the revision and from what? Was it in the time immediately after Abu Bakr, from the Original and single first time compiled to a Complete Book, the Quran, which was entrusted to Afsah (RA) as the custodian, instead of Aishah (RA)?

Or was it the time of Uthman bin Affan, the one who headed Islamic community after Umar bin Khattan, who was immediately after Abu bakr, who was the one that headed this young community after the Prophet's death (AS)? Just imagine that Umar, the father of Afsah, the custodian did not have to even bother with expanding the numbers of Quran in his Kalifate period.

Uthman only copied the Quran from wat was in the hand of Afsah, the custodian to 5 copies, by accentuations,after hearing the muslims reciting every verse, again as reassurance of its correctness. And by the way the style of recital were not the primary reason for the expansion of the Quran to that many. The reasons were that the reciters, knows as afith were being killed by the enemies of Islam and the fear sets in among the muslims that they be left with no one that have complete memorization, after a while. And this was just in the time of Abu Bakr.

And the time of Uthman was because nations and societies, far and wide, Arabs and non-Arabs were coming in to Islam. This is why Uthman and the muslims decided to expand the Quran to additional 5 copies, from the original one with Afsah, the wife of Muhammad (AS), he daughter of Umar (RA jamia). They just didn't have the new 5 Quran copied from the what Afsah had, but they had people as many as those who are present to recite each verse before it was written down in either the styles known as Warsh, Hafs, , etc! And the Quran were not compiled just for the accent, or in the accents that they were evealed (7 different styles), but as aid to keep the chain of memorization of this revelation which came from Allah to Jebril (AS) to Muhammad (AS), except for the last four verses of Baqarah which he received from Allah directly without Jibril during the Isra Miraj night journey, to the Sahabah (RA) and now to the Tabihin (ra).

I am sure that you know that the yorubas recite differently from the housas, and the morroccans do recite differently from the egyptians. But all new that each ecitation is correct, even with the accents and styles that are domain to a people and a region. One time I prayed behind an afith from India, whose "Wa" is a "Va" sounding. He led the Yemeni dominated masjid, yet no one said a word, because they knew he was correct, minus the accent! This is what is special with Islam; the One body even though we are different.

So when the "secular" people take up Islam, I wonder what do they know about Makka and Madina of Muhammad (AS) that no one including the economist Jews ignored at that time? Can a British man tell me the history of the yorubas in the time of Oduduwa and his family? The answer is no, since if they were in Europe at that time, they were not paying attention to the yoruba people! The best teller of Arab history of the time of Muhammad (AS) will be an arab. Those of the arabs who are not muslims are so because they are goneho after Jesus as a cheap way to receive salvation. None of them can argue against Muhammad, except that they think deeping in blood and somebody responsible for their sin and hence giving them salvation is what attracts them and nothing more. Lets me ask you, can they any of them allowed theselves to take my blame, like serving a sentence imposed on me, by any society? The answer is no, so is the fact that Jesus can't be responsible for anybody's happiness, salvation.

Now, just imagine what the secular people, mostly Jews, Christian and Atheist, who do not believe in Islam will say about Muhammad (AS)? I there anything good coming from their heart?
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by olabowale(m): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2009
@JJYOU: The (Npbuh) is to you, too! Whatever that means.

the more i read you the more your foolishness becomes clearer. i bet you will like to kill your christian mum for mustafa too as part of your going to paradise. you are supposed to be a grown person but you always talk so childish i wonder what they fed you on apart from your poisonous religious diet.
Alhamdulillah, my christian mom is now my muslim mom. The church ran her out. Thank Allah. So I don't ave to kill her. Allah already killed her Christianity. I think you need for us to meet in Aba or Onisha or Owerri in December. You will see how I will kill a lot of Christian hearts to wake them up to Islamic hearts. Islam is not poison because I have not been sick from it, even though though my malady is food poison. Blieve me JJYOU, I will never eat from you since I know that you will quickly put poison in anything you give me to eat. lol. You have that "forgiving heart, I can see that!"

how do you know the quoran was not revised becos i actually heard a moslem scholar said on the BBc they have three versions of quaroan to enable people who cant cope with one choose the other. why is that possible and you are telling something different here.
Version is not what he said. Writings or types is whathe meant. You know cursive, capital, simple straight line writings, etc are smilar to what he meant. Same letters, same pronounciations, same sentences, same chapters are exactly in each Quran, regardless of stylistic writing!

what do you know other than looking for wives everywhere.
Do you know what I dont know about me? The last I check I am still short of something off the 4 allowable! Maybe you need to get married. But this is not the thread for argument, but for explanation. Bindex, I think this guy does not want to leave the swords to the muslims, yet he has a Bazooka!

Enough JJYOU! Lets talk about what the thread topic is all about.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by olabowale(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
@JJYOU:

how do you describe mohammed (npbuh)?

Same to you, JJYOU.

I describe Muhammad (AS) as handsome, not too tall, but miraclesdo happen that when he stands with a tall man, he is never shorter than them. So no one stands taller than him, from the time of his prophethood until death!

He was sincere and honest man. Full humblemess and humility. radiant face and his face was so shiny that no one can look at it directly, especially after the revelation has just come to him!

He was a statement a leader, a fearless servant of his Lord and a warrior's warrior, a general's general, lion among lion! The most beoved to his Lord.

What is it specifically that you will like me to say? What do you wanna know, without insulting me or take off the sword from its case? JJYOU you should drop the anger. It will not benefit you.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by Jarus(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2009
MOD'S COMMENT:
There is a limit to which insult can be accepted in this section. You can argue, you can strongly disagree with another forumer, but when direct insults and name-calling begin to set in in a business-like section like this, then I will not hesitate to delete those posts, and if persist, recommend the perpetrator for ban. JJyou's insulting olabowale as 'agbaya' (meaning old for nothing fellow) is totally unacceptable. The posts in question have been deleted.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by JJYOU: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2009
Jarus:

MOD'S COMMENT:
There is a limit to which insult can be accepted in this section. You can argue, you can strongly disagree with another forumer, but when direct insults and name-calling begin to set in in a business-like section like this, then I will not hesitate to delete those posts, and if persist, recommend the perpetrator for ban. JJyou's insulting olabowale as 'agbaya' (meaning old for nothing fellow) is totally unacceptable. The posts in question have been deleted.
true light of muslim is showing
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by noetic2: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2009
Jarus:

MOD'S COMMENT:

This is called HYPOCRISY. This is also RIDICULOUS and uncalled for.

how many times has the same olabowale called me names in this same forum? and the other trolls of allah, how often do they call me names?
did I ever make an issue out of it? did u ever rebuke them for it?

u keep springing up with SHAMELESS issues EDUCATED people should never discuss.
The same name calling is the other of the of day from muslims in the religion section, but no one gives a hoot.
u delete anti-muslims threads but allow anti-christian thread to thrive, whats that called.

JARUS u should be ASHAMED of urself. And keep away from trivial issues.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by Jarus(m): 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2009
Why Jarus is a Muslim.

I was born into a Muslim family and we were raised the Muslim way. I used to be quite rebellious when young. I was somehow spoilt, so I didn't value arabic school when young. I didn't go to ile-kewu(qur'anic school) purely out of laziness. I remember tearing the qaidatul badgdadiy(introductory book to arabic/qur'anic study) one night when I fought my islamic teacher(May Allah forgive me). All these happened before I was 15.

However, when I clocked 18, specifically when I finished secondary school, I began to question my belief. I was always thinking. I was in serious dilemma then. I began to think on things like
-what if I had been born a non-Muslim
-what if the people I looked up to convert to christianity
-but there I've heard of people that were more committed, yet ended up later leaving Islam
-do God answer prayers?

All these things kept troubling my mind, and I disclosed it to two of my friends. That was year 2000, although I actually started saying my five daily prayers a year early, but it was more like a forced thing because other family members did do it.

What actually prompted this mind troubling was that I resolved to be religious after secondary school, but I did not want to waste my efforts doing the wrong thing, so I wanted to be sure if Islam was authentic or if I had to cross over to Christianity and become an SU. I wanted to abandon my irreligious life, but at the same time, I didn't want to waste my efforts, I can easily convert to Christianity, because we already had about two family members that had already converted, while I also have a couple of Christian aunties. Atheism didn't even come to my mind because I never doubted there was God, and it was too glaring for me to deny this. The only thing I questioned was whether God answers prayers.

I spoke with two of my friends. One was somehow surprised and asked why at this stage, a praying Muslim,could be asking for books that proved the authenticity of lsam, instead of books that teach islam. I told me I'm somehow in doubt. The other one asked me to humbly,neutrally and heartedly pray to God to guide me aright.

Since I was so free(waiting for my university to start a new session, having passed UME and SSCE) I gathered enough material on God, Islam and Christianity. I read books taht claim to prove teh authenticity of islam. I read English version of Qur'an almost from cover to cover. I read Christian literatures, especially those that disprove Islam. I was so disturbed this time that they noticed at home that something was happening to me, with my loneliness in room, engrossment in books etc. I remember Dad saying he suspected I was having neurosis, given the strange way I approached things, not watching TV with family members, staying indoor for days etc.

Of all the materials I read, only the Qur'an touched me. I wasn't so touched  by all other texts I read,Islamic and Christian, as anytime I wanted to reason with the argument/point I was reading, something told me 'but this is written by human. what if he's lying. Man is fallible after all.'(See shaytaan). That was how hard my heart was then. But while reading the Qur'an, my heart trembled, and I cried. When it talks of punishment, I shiver, when it talks of reward, I become motivated to do good deeds. The way the whole verses were arranged, I knew this could not have been written by man. I was too convinced this things I was reading were not packaged together by human. If all these stories, parables, talks about reward and punishment were concocted by men, it would have been exposed all these years. I was so sure of that. My mind was finding peace and I was having some comfort on my question on 'whether this qur'an was fabricated by man'.

I became convinced about the qur'an as truth. But I was curious at something; What if Islam and Christianity were just different telephone lines to God, as some people used to say. So I should be careful and not say Christianity is not right just because I believed Qur'an was authentic. BNut some things came to my mind: First, the two religions explicitly say only it is correct. In other words, if it was the same God that sent both, this should not be. Having being so convinced that this Qur'an can never be wrong, I absolutely believe anything it says, the cardinal of which is if any body comes to God other than through Islam, it shall not be accepted of him. That was how I wholeheartedly accepted Islam, other than being born into it. This was around 2001.

Since then I have seen so many things that have re-inforced my belief in this Islam.
The first is that Islam is very realistic. Islam will not tell you that if you accept it, you will automatically have prosperity in this life. In fact, God may test you to know whether you're truly faithful or just hypocritical. Islam recognizes ups and downs of life, and elaborately teach you how to go about whichever befall you, which admonishing you strive for the best.This to me is the reality. The prophets of God themselves suffered some hard times. so I'm not comfortable with any religion that tell me 'accept me and you will build great mansions, never fall sick etc'. This is too unreal for me.

Another amazing thing about this Islam that makes me convinced about it is the way it explains everything in life, all the mystery of life. I've had my fair share of ups and downs in my 26 years of sojourn in life, but I always find Islam so soothing to any situation I find myself. For example, as a very ignorant Muslim several years ago, one thing that puzzled me was the so-called evil forces. I personally knew there were metaphysical forces. I knew it was possible for some invisible forces to influence human activities, but I can't explain it. It was so confusing to me. Some equally ignorant Muslims or some overpious ones also deny the existence of these forces. Every small thing, we say somebody was doing us etc. It was very puzzling to me then.
But after further study of Islam this subject so simplified and demysitified. I did extensive research on this issue, from philosophical and islamic view, and I was so amazed t=at eth extent to which isalm deals with this topic. Today, there is no mystery of life that si strange to me again. I have handled a possessed case, and saw Qur'anic verses work wonder.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by Jarus(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2009
Why Jarus is a Muslim.

I was born into a Muslim family and we were raised the Muslim way. I used to be quite rebellious when young. I was somehow spoilt, so I didn't value arabic school when young. I didn't go to ile-kewu(qur'anic school) purely out of laziness. I remember tearing the qaidatul badgdadiy(introductory book to arabic/qur'anic study) one night when I fought my islamic teacher(May Allah forgive me). All these happened before I was 15.

However, when I clocked 18, specifically when I finished secondary school, I began to question my belief. I was always thinking. I was in serious dilemma then. I began to think on things like
-what if I had been born a non-Muslim
-what if the people I looked up to convert to christianity
-but there I've heard of people that were more committed, yet ended up later leaving Islam
-do God answer prayers?

All these things kept troubling my mind, and I disclosed it to two of my friends. That was year 2000, although I actually started saying my five daily prayers a year early, but it was more like a forced thing because other family members did do it.

What actually prompted this mind troubling was that I resolved to be religious after secondary school, but I did not want to waste my efforts doing the wrong thing, so I wanted to be sure if Islam was authentic or if I had to cross over to Christianity and become an SU. I wanted to abandon my irreligious life, but at the same time, I didn't want to waste my efforts, I can easily convert to Christianity, because we already had about two family members that had already converted, while I also have a couple of Christian aunties. Atheism didn't even come to my mind because I never doubted there was God, and it was too glaring for me to deny this. The only thing I questioned was whether God answers prayers.

I spoke with two of my friends. One was somehow surprised and asked why at this stage, a praying Muslim,could be asking for books that proved the authenticity of lsam, instead of books that teach islam. I told me I'm somehow in doubt. The other one asked me to humbly,neutrally and heartedly pray to God to guide me aright.

Since I was so free(waiting for my university to start a new session, having passed UME and SSCE) I gathered enough material on God, Islam and Christianity. I read books taht claim to prove teh authenticity of islam. I read English version of Qur'an almost from cover to cover. I read Christian literatures, especially those that disprove Islam. I was so disturbed this time that they noticed at home that something was happening to me, with my loneliness in room, engrossment in books etc. I remember Dad saying he suspected I was having neurosis, given the strange way I approached things, not watching TV with family members, staying indoor for days etc.

Of all the materials I read, only the Qur'an touched me. I wasn't so touched by all other texts I read,Islamic and Christian, as anytime I wanted to reason with the argument/point I was reading, something told me 'but this is written by human. what if he's lying. Man is fallible after all.'(See shaytaan). That was how hard my heart was then. But while reading the Qur'an, my heart trembled, and I cried. When it talks of punishment, I shiver, when it talks of reward, I become motivated to do good deeds. The way the whole verses were arranged, I knew this could not have been written by man. I was too convinced this things I was reading were not packaged together by human. If all these stories, parables, talks about reward and punishment were concocted by men, it would have been exposed all these years. I was so sure of that. My mind was finding peace and I was having some comfort on my question on 'whether this qur'an was fabricated by man'.

I became convinced about the qur'an as truth. But I was curious at something; What if Islam and Christianity were just different telephone lines to God, as some people used to say. So I should be careful and not say Christianity is not right just because I believed Qur'an was authentic. BNut some things came to my mind: First, the two religions explicitly say only it is correct. In other words, if it was the same God that sent both, this should not be. Having being so convinced that this Qur'an can never be wrong, I absolutely believe anything it says, the cardinal of which is if any body comes to God other than through Islam, it shall not be accepted of him. That was how I wholeheartedly accepted Islam, other than being born into it. This was around 2001.

Since then I have seen so many things that have re-inforced my belief in this Islam.
The first is that Islam is very realistic. Islam will not tell you that if you accept it, you will automatically have prosperity in this life. In fact, God may test you to know whether you're truly faithful or just hypocritical. Islam recognizes ups and downs of life, and elaborately teach you how to go about whichever befall you, which admonishing you strive for the best.This to me is the reality. The prophets of God themselves suffered some hard times. so I'm not comfortable with any religion that tell me 'accept me and you will build great mansions, never fall sick etc'. This is too unreal for me.

Another amazing thing about this Islam that makes me convinced about it is the way it explains everything in life, all the mystery of life. I've had my fair share of ups and downs in my 26 years of sojourn in life, but I always find Islam so soothing to any situation I find myself. For example, as a very ignorant Muslim several years ago, one thing that puzzled me was the so-called evil forces. I personally knew there were metaphysical forces. I knew it was possible for some invisible forces to influence human activities, but I can't explain it. It was so confusing to me. Some equally ignorant Muslims or some overpious ones also deny the existence of these forces. Every small thing, we say somebody was doing us etc. It was very puzzling to me then.
But after further study of Islam this subject so simplified and demysitified. I did extensive research on this issue, from philosophical and islamic view, and I was so amazed t=at eth extent to which isalm deals with this topic. Today, there is no mystery of life that si strange to me again. I have handled a possessed case, and saw Qur'anic verses work wonder.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by JJYOU: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2009
noetic2:

This is called HYPOCRISY. This is also RIDICULOUS and uncalled for.

how many times has the same olabowale called me names in this same forum? and the other trolls of allah, how often do they call me names?
did I ever make an issue out of it? did u ever rebuke them for it?

u keep springing up with SHAMELESS issues EDUCATED people should never discuss.
The same name calling is the other of the of day from muslims in the religion section, but no one gives a hoot.
u delete anti-muslims threads but allow anti-christian thread to thrive, whats that called.

JARUS u should be ASHAMED of urself. And keep away from trivial issues.
the concept of fairness and fair play is not in islam.  dont you see every where they rule is always violence and injustice.

one of the reasons i dont buy into their mustapha is i dont like temperamental gods and gods you pray for everytime you call the name.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by Jarus(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2009
JJYOU:

the concept of fairness and fair play is not in islam. dont you see every where they rule is always violence and injustice.

one of the reasons i dont buy into their mustapha is i dont like temperamental gods and gods you pray for everytime you call the name.
Hey, Mustapha(PBUH) is not a god, and not even God.
Yes, we pray for him because we love him, and seeking Allah's blessing for him is for our own good, he doesn't need our prayers much as we need his. Whether we pray for him or not, seek blessing for him or not, he's certified by Allah as he who will lead the believers to al-jannah.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Muslims Tagged "terrorists" / Allah Can Choose Anyone To See The Light Of Islam. / NL Muslims, Be The Judge Of Your Own Moderator...lol...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.