Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! (2847 Views)

Atiku Kicks Against Automatic Ticket For Buhari / 2015: PDP Considers Automatic Ticket For Jonathan / Governors To Obasanjo: No Automatic Ticket For Jonathan & Tukur Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by quadrey(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
first q is the concept of automatic ticket democratic at all? if so where did it originate from and which otha counties practice it?
naija na very fuckdup place if we believe we can jus do thins without any repercussion dis senators sef wetin be the legacy wey them one live behind
in 2yrs they havent done anything and now theyre yappin about automatic ticket for 2011 saying the country has invested a lot in the current crop of legislators if they know dat why are they not reflectin all the investmnt wasted on them? abeg my people make we shine our eyes cos theyre ready to take us on anotha ride cum 2011 beware!!!!!!
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by confetti(f): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2009
This Forum wont cease to amase me.
What do u guys actually expect from these senators
Why wont they sk for authomatic tickets, afterall this is Nigeria,
You and I are here bordering our heads over nothing.
They are simply confirming the fact that all they have are stolen mandates.
In a country where democracy is said to be practiced and a whole senate president of the nation request for automatic tickets for him and his colleagues on a national television if am right, imagine the impunity.

The right to elect our leaders reside solely on us "the electorates" but hell no, not in Nigeria. The worst insult is their Chairman telling them it will be considered.

A house that has spent more than 50b naira in jos two years and have passed only about 5% of bills on its floor into law.
A house where its future leaders are @ home as a result of strike (Anyway, do they even want future leaders)
A house that collects more than 100k individually for mere lunch while a nigerian graduate is struggling to get a job of 10 to 20k per month. I mean 31 good days and these guys are there representing us? So pathetic.

I weep for my country, I weep so much that I ask God if we are cursed.
why the so much greed
why the so much.

My constituency house rep used our constitutency project money to build 2 mansions. One in his fathers house and the second in our state capital. He carried out the water project in front of his fathers house and is selling the water to the villagers @ 10naira per 20lit. Even in Cities, A 20lit kegof water goes for N5 but nay, my mom buys it there@ N10.

I really dont feel like talking. Anytime I read about Nigeria and this crop of leadership that we have , I cry for my children because i wonder what the country is gona look like in the next 10 years if things continue like this.
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by jowea: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
hayo:

I am tired of this Mark o. Same man who said that mobile phones are not for poor people before he was shamed.
Why do we keep having idiots at the helm of affairs in Nigeria. Our PDP senators have gone MAD. Yes MAD!
For me, I care less about how they distribute their tickets in PDP. They are all a sorry bunch. What I care about is how they will be defeated and disgraced in the next elections.
who make am moses sef?we no want all of them sef.
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by favcom(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2009
Nigerian politics shocked
My people say "when something is beyond crying for, you laugh at it" smiley wink cheesy grin grin
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
most of them will prefer to die in that house than leave the place vacant
for others more resourceful than themselves. what a shame on nigeria!
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by Nezan(m): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2009
jowea:

who make am moses sef?we no want all of them sef.
e tire me
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by Gbawe: 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2009
The question is, in a genuine and sincere democratic setting, is there a place for Automatic Ticket for any politician? PDP or AC, ANPP or APGA?

The simple answer is NO !!! Political office holders get set terms of office so that their performances can be assessed at the end of that term . If deemed unsatisfactory then they can be voted  out by the electorate. If they have performed well they may be voted back in for a longer stay in office .  That is effective and unadulterated democracy. Anything else is fraudulent and should not be called democracy. In a way you have provided the perfect qualifier for your question when you mention "genuine and sincere democratic setting". We do not have that in Nigeria so let us not be surprised at the 'anything goes' and "do-or-die" actions from our (s)elected political leaders.
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2009
here was a rhetorical question somebody asked in today's guardian newspaper
and it begs an answer from our thieving senators: "if all the other senators before
them had automatic tickets, will they be here today?"
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by Nezan(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
George_D:

here was a rhetorical question somebody asked in today's guardian newspaper
and it begs an answer from our thieving senators: "if all the other senators before
them had automatic tickets, will they be here today?"
To imagine that Mark has been in the senate since 1999, yet he is not willing to let another person to contest with him. Automatic ticket? anyway they will get themselves a deal before you know.
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2009
i weep for nigeria, honestly!
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by archbishop(m): 12:19am On Jul 11, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,

Just look at this, If election was not held will DAVID MARK be the senate President.
If the previous Senators got AUTOMATIC TICKET, ALOT OF THE SENATORS NOW WILL BE IN THEIR VILLAGES, or doing the 419 they are used to.
grin grin grin
But our god pass them.
SHAME to David Mark,
PDP. People decive people.
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by TheSeeker(m): 4:24am On Jul 11, 2009
Say what?
AUTOMATIC MADNESS. That is why Nigeria will never progress. Every other part of the world are thriving to represent better images of themselves but Nigeria is getting deeper into a classy shame and the foolish politicians we have don't want to bring us out. Nigeria is a shame to Africa. Stupid senators who can't even present a proper bill are seeking automatic tickets. I wish there was unity from other quarters of the political scene to combat these pigs and put them where they belong --- PEN
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2009
this is the very reason why obama refused coming to nigeria. the world is watching what
the likes of david mark are turning nigeria into. shameless people!
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by skylooh(m): 2:20am On Jul 17, 2009
See these useless senators they want automatic ticket 4 senate so that they can continue to loot, steal, embezle govt money ,collect fat salaries, and do nothing for the average suffering nigerians. soon they will will be asking for life ticket, see dia mouth like monkey own angry angry fire burn all of them for there.
Re: 2011: Pdp Senators Asks For Automatic Ticket! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
my brother, fire them well well. they are very useless grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jos Crisis: Several Commissions Of Inquiry, No Action / Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed / Youth Lunch With Jonathan Turns Into Another Bribe-Fest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.