Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,388 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike (3235 Views)

Olisa Metuh Goes On Hunger Strike / Army Reacts To Hunger Strike By Reinstated Soldiers / Breaking News: 16 Pdp Rivers State Lawmakers Sacked By Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by itumama: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2009
This guys are real crook they think they are wise enough to trick us wiyh fasting,anyway na dem sabi en na da hunger go send them go heaven.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by clomn(m): 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2009
smileyFOOLS winkIDIOTS grin ROBBERS angryI FEEL LIKE STRANGLING SOMEONE!!!!!
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by bandely(m): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2009
clomn:

smileyFOOLS winkIDIOTS grin ROBBERS angryI FEEL LIKE STRANGLING SOMEONE!!!!!
lol hope we are save

@Topic: Hun gini? When table is set at home!
Useless people, what do they take us for?
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by iniguy(m): 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2009
Those clowns didn't go on hunger strike when Bakassi was ceded to Cameroun without the consent of the people by the self deluded baba! Its a national problem though, Nigeria solely depends on oil, lip service is being paid to other sectors of the economy. I pray that the oil dries up quickly!
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by davidif: 12:39am On Jul 05, 2009
They do have a point but they should look for other means to fight the injustice.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by TYPOP(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2009
When will these people stop playing on our collective intelligence as if they are leading a pack of fools. Nigerians are not foolish and will not be cajoled into believing that they are sincere. SENATORS, please stop this nonsense. We are not fools.
Maybe they should have fasted when Obama did not come to Nigeria to compel him to come! grin

If you think others are follish, you are the father of fools
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by edwardaigb: 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2009
leave them if they like make them no chop forever e no concern me.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by AndreUweh(m): 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2009
The Cross River lawmakers are lucky the oil wells has not been handed over to Akwa Ibom yet. How about Egbema that was handed over to Rivers State from Imo state. Also Obigbo (Oyigbo) that was relocated to Rivers state from Abia state?.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by DoubleN(m): 1:18am On Jul 06, 2009
Bunch of stupid men,they must really take us as fools!
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by dean2725: 3:27am On Jul 06, 2009
Soooooo. . . angry that am speechless angry angry angry
as if we are fools
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by udezue(m): 4:21am On Jul 06, 2009
Uwem edi imo.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 06, 2009
let them continue deceiving themselves grin
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by Nezan(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2009
he he he he, money fit make people do many things-o grin grin
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by U1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2009
This is no news. Who will be monitoring them to make sure they won't eat? Once they are in some secret place, these probably pot-bellied individuals would probably have their pots filled to the brim.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by mccloud224(m): 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2009
I might have believed it half-way is they were fasting for better power supply.Oil wells my dirty black ass.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by mccloud224(m): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
Come to think of it, do they need to fast for what is trully theirs? The problem with us southerners is stupidity,greed,selfishness and hatred.The only reason the northerners (YES, I SAID IT) are oppressing the south is because the southerners can and will never be united.They would rather have an aboki over them than use their common sense.If it was someone from the eastern part of nigeria ruling nigeria the way yar adua is doing now, Arewa consultative forum,afenifere and opc would have come together to talk about segregation.The westerners cant say nothing about OBJ coz he's their person.The north can say anything about Yar adua coz he's their person.

I hope the oil in this country finishes soon or better yet, it becomes irrelevant due to advances in bio fuels.Then we shall see the sort of "nigeria" that remains.That's when the north will begin to talk about soveriegnity.Do you know why the northerners have the upper hand?The whites saw more solidarity in them.We on the other hand betray ourselves, even our own children.That is why 80% of the slave trade occured in the east (the rest are other parts of africa).From what i see, majority of black americans are from the ibo race due to the fact that they were transported from the river niger.Onitsha was a major slave port.How many slave zones did they have in the north?Hmm?How many?We have always been in the habit of selling ourselves.Make una suffer am.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by Ndipe(m): 12:55am On Jul 07, 2009
Tpharell:

I hope it is a dry fast! that would do their fat tummies some good. Nigerian lawmakers have never been a serious pack b4 so this is just anoda joke that we are used to hearing from the national assembly! Basket mouth, i go dye, Gordons, AY, and the likes beta WATCH OUT! There's a new pack of comedians in town.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is so funny. Like I would believe those politicians will really go on a hunger strike.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by Nezan(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ndipe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is so funny. Like I would believe those politicians will really go on a hunger strike.
Yes, hunger strike on pages of newspapers, na beer+isienwu dem go dey gulp every evening grin grin grin
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by archbishop(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,

don't mind those FOOLS fighting for their selfish interest.
They will go to their houses and eat all the food their and come out to form hunger strike. they can't deceive us any more,
they are only fighting for their own interest, so that they will be included on the house committee on Niger Delta.
grin grin grin
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by otokx(m): 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2009
Who do they think they are deceiving?
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by danbasco(m): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2009
[b]These whole posts here is so ridiculous. it so unfortunate , i mean i've not seen a situation where, all comments and replies to a single post all take side to very negative thoughts. i do not understand exactly what the lawmakers from cross river meant by "hunger strike" but as far as i am concerned, that should not be the contending issue here but the gross marginalization of cross river state by the federal government. Cross riverians are a minority people seeking their liberation. they are a few people seeking to be heard.

for emphasis, i want to state that i despise our political leaders more than any other person on this forum. they have not treated nigerians well at all. but again, this is not the issue here. this whole thing is about CROSS RIVER STATE. The federal government has been most unfair to cross river state. Obansanjo's government has been the worst offender. the handover of bakassi to cameroun shouldnt have been in the first place. they just rushed too quickly to ICJ without the opinion of the people and essentially the national assembly. that was most unlawful. after that they rushed to sign the hand over in US whereas we had up to 10years to appeal. this is the genesis of the whole problem. The nigeria nation is much more powerful and sovereign to have upheld its position on bakassi but it decided to be non chalant - BECAUSE IT HAS TO DO WITH CROSS RIVER and or perhaps many other political and of course selfish reasons.

juxtaposing cross river and akwa ibom states, CRS receives a little more than N2billion from oil derivation placing her at 30th position out of the 36 states, while AKS receives about N16billion placing her at 3rd position in the country. should the oil wells be completely ceded to AKS, they get N18bn, and the question is, what do they want with N18bn that they cannot do with N16bn?what more does AKS want?? I want to state clearly that CRS is neither at war with her sister state AKS nor with the federal government but only a people seeking justice for what is rightly hers.

The akwaibomites continue to bully cross river and contend with crossriverians at all levels of life, government, socially and otherwise. time and space will not allow me to write more, but i will quote the AKS Gov. "a good number of his house of assembly and executive council members live in calabar and go to work in uyo" 2 out of 5 people on the streets of calabar are akwaibomites, 2 out of 5 are northern crossriver and one an actual calabar man. many electoral and appointive offices in CRS are held by people of AKS origin. at not point in time has CRS completely filled its quota in federal establishments but are all claimed by AKS indigenes.

the agitating lawmakers should not have come up with that hunger strike issue. they had rather rephrase, state clearly and press on their agitations for the common good of cross river state. The point to make however is that, impoverishing one state is potentially dangerous to the other that is rich. clearly it doesnt pay the both people of CRS and AKS (in calabar) to impoverish CRS. this is because the AKS people occupy a great deal of the land and people hardly know the difference.

[/b]
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by BabaTony: 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2009
I think the only solution is for the Federal Government should compensate Cross River for losing Bakassi and their littoral status, as for the 76 wells they have always been AKS property, they are sister's state's but that should not mean, taking from one state wells and giving the other just because one is richer than the other. Akwa Ibom has a big stake in Cross river, but the rule of law should be in effect first,
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by danbasco(m): 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2009
BabaTony:

I think the only solution is for the Federal Government should compensate Cross River for losing Bakassi and their littoral status, as for the 76 wells they have always been AKS property, they are sister's state's but that should not mean, taking from one state wells and giving the other just because one is richer than the other. Akwa Ibom has a big stake in Cross river, but the rule of law should be in effect first,

wats informs your opinion that the 76 oil wells "have always been AKS property? if it HAS ALWAYS BEEN AKS PROPERTY, then how come its just becoming an issue. why has CRS been getting revenue from same. I want to quote the Gov of AKS. "the baseline used by Admirality (consultants to the National Boundary Commission) relied too much on micro-geographic features commonly described as local phenomena. such phenomena are constantly changing because of COSTAL EROSION". he added that, , "this heavy reliance on boundaries has taken 70 oil well THAT USED TO BELONG TO CRS INTO AKS." so my bro it wasnt originally for AKS. It is understood that the same problem has similarly taken some oil well from AKS into Rivers State, here is a lot more beyong the scope of this forum. we only hope and pray the Feds do just justice.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by infotunnel: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2009
Nigerians should learn how to dialogue. Our worst problem today is that we lack communication strategies. We always resort to extreme measure when a simple talk will do
Read this post
http://nigerialog.com/blog/?p=93
We are too greedy and lack moderation. Talk to Akwa Ibom first ( cap in hand if necessary) before starving to death!
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by Nezan(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2009
Una dey mind dem?yeye politicians
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by ilosiwaju: 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2009
Gather their housemaids and interview them, you will be shocked!
First they steal, now they call us fools.
Scoundrels!
Hunger strike ko, ASSU strike ni!
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
dem never die?
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by dean2725: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2009
you are still on this junk-er srike? grin
stupidly derained  fools
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by sowura(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2009
why put a date on their strike, obviously the matter will surely not be resolved in two weeks, they should go on strike forever, after all na cunny, cunny strike. i cant imahine our politicians going on hunger strike, i will believe their action if they can allow me luck them up in a secret place myself without food or water. that way we can genuinely hope they die of hunger!!!!!! USELESS people angry angry angry angry
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by MVJ(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2009
those men must something else. is that the best they can do?.
Re: Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike by ikeyman00(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2009
@@@@

have they die yet?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Arabic Inscription is important on the Naira Notes / Fayose Campaigns With Helicopter In Lagos / Economic Confidential Portfolio Of Mrs Cecilia Ibru - Release By Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.