Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge (4538 Views)

Microsoft Edge Comes Out On Top In Browser Security Test / Have You Been Able To Sign Into Nairaland With Microsoft Edge Browser? / Microsoft Edge Browser Now Support Whatsapp Web (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by AgentOfAllah: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hi there fine people, I have been facing difficulties signing into Nairaland using Microsoft Edge browser since I purchased my Lumia 950 XL and Surface Pro 3. It works fine on Chrome and Internet explorer, just not on MS Edge for some reason. Occasionally, when I enter my user credentials, it signs me in, but the moment I click on a different page, I am automatically logged out of Nairaland, so I can't really make use of the full functionalities of Nairaland as a result.

Is it just me, or is anybody else experiencing this issue. Also, can it be rectified by Seun and his team of developers?

1 Like

Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Seun(m): 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
Microsoft edge on desktop seems to work fine. So I guess it's a phone thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by AgentOfAllah: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seun:
Microsoft edge on desktop seems to work fine. So I guess it's a phone thing.

I assure you it's not working on the Microsoft Edge of my Surface pro 3, and Surface pro 3 is adorned with the complete entrails of a high end computer, so I cannot dismiss this as just "a phone thing". I've sent a complaint to Microsoft too, as it might be a problem from their side, and still awaiting a response. However, I'm bringing this issue to your attention as well, just in case it's a compatibility issue with Nairaland's website.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Seun(m): 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Which network are you on? Airtel? Etisalat? Try logging in without a password to see if that works.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by AgentOfAllah: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seun:
Which network are you on? Airtel? Etisalat? Try logging in without a password to see if that works.

I'm not on any of the Nigerian networks, and I've tried the randomly generated code login option too, to no avail. Although, I do receive an email notification telling me that I'm logged in. Except I really am not!
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Ayo081(m): 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
Yea can't open nairalnad with uc browser. But fine on opera mini.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by maxjax(m): 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
Hi there fine people, I have been facing difficulties signing into Nairaland using Microsoft Edge browser since I purchased my Lumia 950 XL and Surface Pro 3. It works fine on Chrome and Internet explorer, just not on MS Edge for some reason. Occasionally, when I enter my user credentials, it signs me in, but the moment I click on a different page, I am automatically logged out of Nairaland, so I can't really make use of the full functionalities of Nairaland as a result.

Is it just me, or is anybody else experiencing this issue. Also, can it be rectified by Seun and his team of developers?

you are damn right....i have bn facin this issue since the launch of windows 10 and hv done various build update
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Lexusgs430: 3:37am On Feb 08, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

It seems a windows 10 and nairaland compatibility issue. I sign into nairaland via Microsoft Edge through the spirit world, I get an email notifying me of sign in, but it's only signed in, abstractly not physically.
Chrome signs in on the laptop, so I default to chrome when signing in to nairaland!!!
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by babafunny(m): 5:29am On Mar 16, 2016
Microsoft Office Publisher helps users to create professional postcards, newsletters, creating of leaflets, e-mail for a newsletter, greeting cards and...
http://www.techvaid.com/microsoft-office-publisher-download-now-free/
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Seun(m): 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It seems a windows 10 and nairaland compatibility issue. I sign into nairaland via Microsoft Edge through the spirit world, I get an email notifying me of sign in, but it's only signed in, abstractly not physically.
Chrome signs in on the laptop, so I default to chrome when signing in to nairaland!!!
Was this ever fixed? The browser must have rejected our cookies, I guess...
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
Seun:

No. It's happens in a strange way. When one signs in through MS Edge, I receive an email to notify sign in, but on nairaland, the sign on is not active.
I just use Chrome or Crocodile browser......
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Gift101(m): 7:06am On Dec 18, 2016
Seun:

Yea that's what i was thinking...

AgentOfAllah try and check you settings in the MS Edge and see if you disable your cookies. If it's disabled, then try and enable it and test it again.

Have you tested this stuff on facebook ? Does facebook log you out too ? If it does, then it means the problem is coming from your browser/phone.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by AgentOfAllah: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gift101:

Yea that's what i was thinking...

AgentOfAllah try and check you settings in the MS Edge and see if you disable your cookies. If it's disabled, then try and enable it and test it again.

Have you tested this stuff on facebook ? Does facebook log you out too ? If it does, then it means the problem is coming from your browser/phone.

My cookies option is enabled; and it works with Facebook and the panoply of social media platform I use, except Nairaland. I have adapted to other working browsers. The problem might be with MS.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 19, 2016
@seun
@seun
@seun
@seun
@seun
@seun
@seun

Do you ever plan/WILLING on selling Nairaland ? what if you get an offer ?
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by xtremrules(m): 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
You're not the only one experiencing this. I can login to almost any site using MS Edge but not nairaland. When I click on login and enter my credentials, I receive an email from nairaland saying it logged in but the section is lost on MS Edge once I submit. Because of this, I have defaulted to Google Chrome.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by inspbado(m): 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
i thought i was the only one expriencing this anomaly. i can't sign on to nairaland using ucbrowser or microsoft edge. abeg seun do something.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Seun(m): 2:15am On Dec 21, 2016
Could you try again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by AgentOfAllah: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
Seun:
Could you try again?
It works now! Typed this response from my edge. Thank you for fixing it Seun. smiley
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by inspbado(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2016
yep i confirm login for Microsoft edge, but i still cant login on Ucbrowser. Thanks Seun for the prompt attention, kindly work on the ucbrowser too.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Lexusgs430: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2016
I cannot still log on with MS Edge. It's still not completely fixed. I receive email acknowledging sign on, but it's not logged unto nairaland.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Seun(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:
I cannot still log on with MS Edge. It's still not completely fixed. I receive email acknowledging sign on, but it's not logged unto nairaland.
Yikes. Which network are you on? Can you sign in to other websites on Microsoft Edge?
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Lexusgs430: 4:09am On Dec 25, 2016
Seun:
Yikes. Which network are you on? Can you sign in to other websites on Microsoft Edge?

I can sign in all other websites that I frequently use(but nairaland)
I am logging into nairaland Internationally.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by HDee(m): 1:03am On Jan 08, 2017

Hi Twaci (Tracy) I use to pronounce it tuwaci(lol grin) until i saw your Dairy.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Twaci(f): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2017
HDee:

Hi Twaci (Tracy) I use to pronounce it tuwaci(lol grin) until i saw your Dairy.
Good morningsmiley

Lots of people still make that mistake, but it's cool cheesy

How's your night?
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by HDee(m): 7:25am On Jan 08, 2017
Twaci:
Good morningsmiley

Lots of people still make that mistake, but it's cool cheesy

How's your night?
Morning love!

Trust me, it's really like that when you don't know where the moniker came from. grin

Terrific! I actually slept late, i was just touring different sections on here. It lead me to your diary, I never knew you were the 1st runner up when you contested? I've always thought you won it o.

Do you go to a private uni?
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Twaci(f): 7:38am On Jan 08, 2017
HDee:

Morning love!

Trust me, it's really like that when you don't know where the moniker came from. grin

Terrific! I actually slept late, i was just touring different sections on here. It lead me to your diary, I never knew you were the 1st runner up when you contested? I've always thought you won it o.

Do you go to a private uni?

No, I school at Owerri, FUTO to be precise.
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by HDee(m): 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Twaci:

No, I school at Owerri, FUTO to be precise.
Oh! Nice, you know from the back to school pictures, you guys look more like the convenants or Babcocks. grin

So, final year?
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Twaci(f): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
HDee:

Oh! Nice, you know from the back to school pictures, you guys look more like the convenants or Babcocks. grin

So, final year?
2nd year smiley

You?

How's church?
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by HDee(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
Twaci:
2nd year smiley

You?

How's church?

Oh! Those photos kinda look like your signing out. It was confusing. wink

Year 3 Lautech, should be in 4 by the number of years but you know, due to incessant strike, here we are. grin

I don't go to church.

Course?

Evening
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by Twaci(f): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
HDee:

Oh! Those photos kinda look like your signing out. It was confusing. wink

Year 3 Lautech, should be in 4 by the number of years but you know, due to incessant strike, here we are. grin

I don't go to church.

Course?

Evening
Biochemistrysmiley

Good eveningsmiley
Re: Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge by HDee(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2017
Twaci:
Biochemistrysmiley

Good eveningsmiley
Hmmm! Awon igi iwe! grin I'm studying Computer Engineering tho.

Well, happy resumption? Are you back at school?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

dell E62xx E63xx E64xx E54XX Kboard w/lite Lenovo t440p/t540p/w540 battery 4Sale / Dell G5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, 8th Gen Core i7-8750H 6 Core, GTX 1050Ti / We Supply Brand New Laptops, Desktops To Individuals, Companies Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.