Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos (24304 Views)

Big And Dangerous Fish Caught In Ikorodu , Lagos State (pictures) / Tree Falls On Kofo Abayomi Road Due To Heavy Rain Fall (photos) / Huge Python Killed In Ikorodu Area Of Peace Estate, AGURA Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by sage2(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
OP, please stop giving false and misleading infomation. That place is a crap yard as I can clearly see.
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by yomi007k(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
Where are our engineers?

I'm beginning to have a terrible phobia for trailers....*Trailophobia* cry
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Fiwasayo:

No one died,go back and read undecided

Ehn ehn, u sure?
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by banmee(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
AZAJOBINSON:
I still don't understand why these heavy duty trucks still frequent busy roads even when its glaring that they constitute more hazards to other road users.

Lagos does not have half the trailers plying roads as much as Germany or the USA. It is just that the Government and people of Nigeria don't care or understand traffic safety or vehicular operation.

1 Like

Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by peteromenihu(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
all I see is scrarbs
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by pantykoko: 6:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by baroon(m): 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
Shuuu. Serious issue. Tank God 4 their lives
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by Ifeogunleye1(f): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
Jehovah will continue to protect n guide us all
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by bfatoba(m): 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
AZAJOBINSON:

Lol... Funny enough.
But left for me, I feel The Nigeria Railway Corporation will benefit more if a ban is place on Heavy Duty trucks during the day time. Most of these companies using the heavy duty vehicles will have to seek another alternative of which the Railways will be the best alternative.

Your brain might very well be thinking in reverse. don't worry though... its a common Nigerian phenomenon
which Nation in the world has banned Trucks from the roads during daytime. Do you even understands Logististics and the role truckers play in making sure you have many of the things you use daily?.

Rather you should have, heftier fines, Stricter checks on the Vehicles before certifying them for the road, Understanding that those trucks are in fact weapons too, so any form of collision mean, driver has lost license forever, Restricting the number of hours Drivers can drive to 8 hours, drive - 4 hrs rest. and Frequent Inspection stops for the trucks.

There is so much that could be done to make the road safer. Least of them is having them ply the road only at night, meaning many of the drivers can also have day jobs... then you'll start waking to blocked roads due to accidents that occur at night... plus many roads don't have street lights too.
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by bfatoba(m): 11:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
banmee:

Lagos does not have half the trailers plying roads as much as Germany or the USA. It is just that the Government and people of Nigeria don't care or understand traffic safety or vehicular operation.

Thank you. People building Right right beside the road, like they're operating mobile home or something lolz

1 Like

Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by henrybomb(m): 12:28am On Feb 08, 2016
Xposer:
It would have been a different tale of tragedy after a scrap trailer fell on vehicles in the early hours of today around 6:15 a.m at Oja bus stop, Ogijo after Ikorodu. Emergency officials were alerted about the incident as they immediately swooped in to save the people trapped in the commercial bus. The prompt intervention saved the situation and no one died in the incident.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/tragedy-averted-in-lagos-as-trailer.html
Thank God!!!cos dis guys just overload deir truck with scrap and kips moving slowly bringing traffic to a standstill d right authorities shud intervene and penalize anybody caught
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by 19naia(m): 4:09am On Feb 08, 2016
Chai, it is one low point to die under a fallen trailer, but another even lower point for the trailer to be full of rubbish. shocked
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by holarzstringz(m): 4:34am On Feb 08, 2016
oluwa ma so mi. oo. thank God for their life #Oluwa isinvolved#
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by AZAJOBINSON(m): 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
bfatoba:

Your brain might very well be thinking in reverse. don't worry though... its a common Nigerian phenomenon
which Nation in the world has banned Trucks from the roads during daytime. Do you even understands Logististics and the role truckers play in making sure you have many of the things you use daily?.

Rather you should have, heftier fines, Stricter checks on the Vehicles before certifying them for the road, Understanding that those trucks are in fact weapons too, so any form of collision mean, driver has lost license forever, Restricting the number of hours Drivers can drive to 8 hours, drive - 4 hrs rest. and Frequent Inspection stops for the trucks.

There is so much that could be done to make the road safer. Least of them is having them ply the road only at night, meaning many of the drivers can also have day jobs... then you'll start waking to blocked roads due to accidents that occur at night... plus many roads don't have street lights too.

I love ur response. And do appreciate u explaining the importance of trucks in logistics movements. But u shouldn't have insulted me before replying. Just like you, I have right to air my opinion. Thank you.
Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by bfatoba(m): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
AZAJOBINSON:

I love ur response. And do appreciate u explaining the importance of trucks in logistics movements. But u shouldn't have insulted me before replying. Just like you, I have right to air my opinion. Thank you.

The maturity of your response deserves my sincere apology and for that I'm sorry. For future reference though, try to be more thicked skinned than that.

1 Like

Re: Scrap Trailer Falls On Vehicles In Ikorodu. Photos by mirrakk(m): 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
AZAJOBINSON:
I still don't understand why these heavy duty trucks still frequent busy roads even when its glaring that they constitute more hazards to other road users.

Unfortunately for u, heavy duty trucks can neva b off our roads, not in dis world. Check it out propally what oda means do we av to transport heavy guds such as cement, machines, heavy generators accross d country if not tru dis means. Am not sayin they ar save on our roads but their danger is mostly as a result of bad road especially ikorodu sagamu road. imagine d slopes and holes on dis road and u knw wat am saying. Wher ther is gud road, d truck accidents and falls will b choped down to d least.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? / A Piece Of Advice For Slay Queens And Kings / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.