Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Excerpt- A Nation’s Identity Crisis By Reuben Abati | Response By Banky W - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Excerpt- A Nation’s Identity Crisis By Reuben Abati | Response By Banky W (843 Views)

Reuben Abati Vs Banky W: A Must Read! / Nigeria's Musical Identity Crisis! / My Regret -- By Banky W. (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Excerpt- A Nation’s Identity Crisis By Reuben Abati | Response By Banky W by moaks: 11:40am On Jul 03, 2009
“This music industry has given hope, jobs and income to countless youth of today. We are Rappers, Singers, Producers, Sound Engineers, Managers, Promoters, Marketing Consultants, Record Label Owners and we will not apologize for making the best of our circumstances; and all this in spite of the fact that we have Marketers that exploit but refuse to pay for our Musical pieces, Royalties and Publishing income that hitherto has been non-existent, a Government that is just now very slowly starting to enforce anti-piracy laws, and Event Organizers that would rather pay 50 Cent One Million US Dollars than give D’banj or P-Square 5 Million Naira.” - Banky W.
Clearly stated, are burdens shared and suffered by many. So the question is:
-When?
…, will this unlawful exploitation stop?
….will the industry publish updates on income and royalties?
…, will the industry implement a proper and credible distribution chain?
….will we rid, or at least minimize the effect of piracy?

-Why?
….is the Government taking forever to sanitize the industry that claims to be worth a whooping 5 Trillion Naira, and has over the years created jobs and income for many?
….do album rights have to be sold to unscrupulous entities, who make money from other people’s sweat and endeavour, while the artiste suffers the brunt?

-How?
…, then do we resolve the issue of Transparency?
…, do artistes earn royalties for musical pieces they have invested so many resources into?
….does the industry intend to implement due processes that will achieve standards which can match the spotlight it is enjoying?

‘Sigh’….
I could give endless answers to the questions raised, but it’s not about what I think….there are more questions to be asked…, limitless answers to them…, but the aim is to reach a resolve. We are one nation….one people….one drive…, so what do we do?

Watch this space
Re: Excerpt- A Nation’s Identity Crisis By Reuben Abati | Response By Banky W by Soforte(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2009
My brother, all you will ever get is views o. I don't think this our naija people are ready for a change. It is obvious that we prefer purchasing pirated copies of our artistes jobs. Then at the end of the day, they talk about how much they Love M.I, Asa, Eldee, 'Rubbish Love', that's what i call it angry
Re: Excerpt- A Nation’s Identity Crisis By Reuben Abati | Response By Banky W by lalaboi(m): 9:56am On Jul 04, 2009

(1)

Shogon Loud Err (video File Available For Download) / Omotole Lyrics By Ib Dot.k / Styl-plus – Ready 2 Go + Baby Mo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.