Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now (13210 Views)

Nigerians React To Photo Of Buhari Watching Channels TV In London / Buhari Phone Osinbajo While Watching Channels TV In London (photo) / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by mekaboy(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Listen to the reason given for rejecting the report of national conference. They will say igbo is complaining again.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by Olamipapa(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
what? we no get chance to watch channels tv here.
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by Flexherbal(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
I did not watch it, give us the gist.
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by mightyokwy(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
Op what is it all about
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by xpac01(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
mekaboy:
Listen to the reason given for rejecting the report of national conference. They will say igbo is complaining again.
Hi bro update us na. sad
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
".....the number you are calling is not available at the moment, pls try again later"

3 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by mekaboy(m): 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
One senator bin ladin or bin nasal or so, said Jonathan had no right to host the national conference. That the conference was illegal and a waste of money and the report is useless and will not be impemented.
He said there was no need for it, that it was a waste of money.

He said the current constitution to him is a perfect one . They now asked him why they will be spending millions again to amend a perfect constitution. The said that the constitution is perfect does nt mean it does not need amendment

You can follow @CTVpoliticstoday handle on twitter to read reactions of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by excellencyabia1: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
Anything that will favour the igbo's will not be considered as good thing in nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by obailala(m): 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
mekaboy:
The only thing that can make the recommendations of that conference to be implemented is if the SE and SW put their silly differences aside, unite in this purpose and fight for its implementation. As long as the Igbos and Yorubas continue seeing themselves as enemies and continue the senseless cold war like 2 silly wives married to the same chief, the north will continue to maintain its stronghold and will ensure we never return to any form of regionalism.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by fallout87: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
obailala:
The only thing that can make the recommendations of that conference to be implemented is if the SE and SW put their silly differences aside, unite in this purpose and fight for its implementation. As long as the Igbos and Yorubas continue seeing themselves as enemies and continue the senseless cold war like 2 silly wives married to the same chief, the north will continue to maintain its stronghold and will ensure we never return to any form of regionalism.

This is so true. Both both tribes are foolish and too consumed with hatred for one another.

That is the very reason Nigeria had not succeeded. This blind hated between SE and SW.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by obailala(m): 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
excellencyabia1:
Anything that will favour the igbo's will not be considered as good thing in nigeria
The north has never minced words about its position in the Nigerian project, the north has never hidden its disapproval for anything that resembles a restructuring of the nation because as we all know, the status quo favours them most. And yes, it is not about opposing the Igbos (as most Igbos have now been deceived to believe), rather it is purely about protecting their own interests and the interests of their people.

It is high time all Igbos start asking pertinent questions about what our leaders are doing to protect our interests when they get to Abuja. We cannot keep blaming leaders from other tribes and zones who are fighting tirelessly to protect the interests of their own people. Where are our own leaders?

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by doctokwus: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
mekaboy:
mekaboy:
One senator bin ladin or bin nasal or so, said Jonathan had no right to host the national conference. That the conference was illegal and a waste of money and the report is useless and will not be impemented.

Don't come here saying thrash and trying to weep up useless sentiments.
I detest senator Na 'Allah because he seems anti people and was the one that proposed that social media bill,but he made a lot of sense in regards to the national conference.
What Na'Allah basically said is this:that GEJ had no legal backing to have conveyed that confab because Nigeria operates a constitutional democracy,that GEJ conveyed the conference by fiat,which is clearly illegal.
That if GEJ was serious about d confab,he should have found a way of enacting a law or act to give effect to the confab.
It's almost similar to what the supreme court has done with the card reader because it claims its not in the electoral act.
Na'Allah made plenty sense.One may detest the man but in this,gej has again been exposed for his utter cluelessness.
Meanwhile Op,u are irritating to have brought tribe into this.So this govt is against the confab recommendations bcoz it favors the Ibos?
Instead of projecting the Igbo race,its your type that continue diminishing the Ibos in the eyes of people that otherwise hold them in high regards with this abhorrent victim mentality.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by Siberia101: 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
obailala:

You've said it all
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by AlPeter: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
I totally disagree with him.
Siberia101:

You've said it all
it's the SE that needs to get over themselves and the perceived hatred they believe the SW has for them
obailala:
I totally disagree with him.
Siberia101:

You've said it all
it's the SE that needs to get over themselves and the perceived hatred they believe the SW has for them

6 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by gemale(m): 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Let me reserve my comments until I hear the full story.
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by xtrorze: 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
AlPeter:
I totally disagree with him. it's the SE that needs to get over themselves and the perceived hatred they believe the SW has for themI totally disagree with him. it's the SE that needs to get over themselves and the perceived hatred they believe the SW has for them

Did you just state that Igbos need to get over themselves and the perceived hatred they believe the SW has for them?

You mean after you and your Yoruba partners connived with your Northern masters to massacre helpless Igbo civilians in 1966-70 you still had the effrontery to castigate Igbos?

Are you trying to be mischievous, silly or what just to score some cheap points with your masters?

Well, I don't blame you entirely. It's this fraudulent union that gave you and your people the guts to rant carelessly against the Igbos.

I would suggest you take your silly talk against Igbos and shove it down your throat.

The Igbo Nation are comfortable having a separate existence from you.

Go find yourselves an idea you can live and die for!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by mekaboy(m): 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
doctokwus:

I detest senator Na 'Allah because he seems anti people and was the one that proposed that social media bill,but he made a lot of sense in regards to the national conference.
What Na'Allah basically said is this:that GEJ had no legal backing to have conveyed that confab because Nigeria operates a constitutional democracy,that GEJ conveyed the conference by fiat,which is clearly illegal.
That if GEJ was serious about d confab,he should have found a way of enacting a law or act to give effect to the confab.
It's almost similar to what the supreme court has done with the card reader because it claims its not in the electoral act.
Na'Allah made plenty sense.One may detest the man but in this,gej has again been exposed for his utter cluelessness.
Meanwhile Op,u are irritating to have brought tribe into this.So this govt is against the confab recommendations bcoz it favors the Ibos?
Instead of projecting the Igbo race,its your type that continue diminishing the Ibos in the eyes of people that otherwise hold them in high regards with this abhorrent victim mentality.

In your defense you skipped the part he said the current constitution is perfect and said it needs to be amended at the same time. Why spend money to amend a perfect constitution? That was the question asked, and what was his response?

You said he made a lot of sense, what's the sense in spending millions in the time of lack to amend a perfect constitution?

If it makes sense to you then, sense is truly not common.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
obailala:
a wise man has spoken my mind
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by LordAdam: 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
obailala:

Guy, u make excess sense. Normally, we dey stay opposite side of issues, but for this one I gbadun your gist.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by doctokwus: 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
mekaboy:

In your defense you skipped the part he said the current constitution is perfect and said it needs to be amended at the same time. Why spend money to amend a perfect constitution? That was the question asked, and what was his response?

You said he made a lot of sense, what's the sense in spending millions in the time of lack to amend a perfect constitution?

Any person that introduced tribal colouration to an interview that never insinuated such and believes that what GEJ did was right without giving effect to whatever he conveyed should not be using the internet.
Yes it was waste of funds because GEJ never knew what he was doing in d first place,he wasted time and money just trying to appeal to sentiments of the time.
U don't deserve to be using the internet with your level of reasoning and thought processes.

9 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by mekaboy(m): 10:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
doctokwus:

Any person that introduced tribal colouration to an interview that never insinuated such and believes that what GEJ did was right without giving effect to whatever he conveyed should not be using the internet.
Yes it was waste of funds because GEJ never knew what he was doing in d first place,he wasted time and money just trying to appeal to sentiments of the time.
U don't deserve to be using the internet with your level of reasoning and thought processes.

One thing I love about about those that try to defend PMB blindly is that they always shoot themselves on the foot.

Just like the senator said there was no need for the national conference, did not know he would be asked why they want to amend the constitution he said was perfect. U refused to answer my question how it makes sense to you, rather you are now deciding who has right to use the Internet or not.

Secondly you are saying all those who attended the conference were fools and fooled by GEJ.

So pastor bakare who is advising buhari to implement the report is ignorant.

Now you know the report is illegal and useless, did the APC at any point during their campaign promise to implement the fraudulent illegal report if they win?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by Montaque(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
doctokwus:

the confab wasn't meant to supercede the constitutional legislature. it was to gather up a common weal which will be legislated into law to form part of the constitution.
The hon. senator shouldn't base the non implementation on legality, it was never meant to be so. He should tell us the fact that the group that conceded more wouldn't want the confab recommendations to see the light of the day.
Anyway, he's got a perfect scapegoat like all Apc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by ayindejimmy(m): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
obailala:

You people know VERY little about Constitutional matters

Before, during and after that Conference Jonathan was told he has no legal backing to convene a National Conference, but he went ahead with his reelection in view.

Now, when we already have a National Assembly, does it make legal sense for another group of people whose 50% gathering was chosen by one person to engage in law making process? Where does he derive that power from in the Constitution?
That's simply duplicating the Constitutional duties of the NA!
Jonathan knew the whole conference thing doesn't have any legal backing, he just needed such gathering to gather support for his rerun.
What he should have done is ask the NA provide such services instead of wasting about 3 billions or so on a Sleeping Exposêě

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by Nbote(m): 11:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
doctokwus:

Some us jus wait for any opportunity at the mention of GEJ to open our mouths and spew rubbish. We seem so blinded to even reason logically and analyse issues. Ur claim dat GEJ was clueless to have convened d confab is laughable. Well meaning nigerians and other statesmen have been calling for a sovereign national conference over the years to thrash out some of the burning issues plaguing the country especially as it affects the different zones. D national Assembly didn't want any of it and even attached conditions as to issues dat were open discourse and which ones were off limit. D essence of the confab as it was was to make resolutions on some of the burning issues as discussed. Any serious minded legislature would study d report if/when presented to them and decide what to make of it. D senator has simply given his own opinion which isn't necessarily right. It is left for the president to either forward it to d National Assembly nd dey deliberate on it accordingly.

13 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by PenSniper: 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
mekaboy:

Mr, let the truth be said - Gej wasted funds and time for what he wasn't ready to impliment. Prof Ben Nwabueza and some leaders of Afenifere shouted their voices hoarse telling an enabling law was needed to back up the conference report to give the outcome a legal teeth but he ignored them. The man was either truely clueless or had an alterior motive for convening the conference as alleged by some.
Amendments are being sought for the constitution because it made provision for such in itself regardless of perceived perfection or not. Gej only took the country for a ride.

8 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by mekaboy(m): 12:02am On Feb 08, 2016
PenSniper:

Mr, let the truth be said - Gej wasted funds and time for what he wasn't ready to impliment. Prof Ben Nwabueza and some leaders of Afenifere shouted their voices hoarse telling an enabling law was needed to back up the conference report to give the outcome a legal teeth but he ignored them. The man was either truely clueless or had an alterior motive for convening the conference as alleged by some.
Amendments are being sought for the constitution because it made provision for such in itself regardless of perceived perfection or not. Gej only took the country for a ride.

There was no need for enabling law to back the conference, what was needed was to turn the report of the conference which everyone agreed on into a law.

Did the APC at any point in their campaign promise that?

10 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by chigoizie7(m): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2016
doctokwus:

U ve been making small sense, but all of a sudden, I found out your inability to comprehend. Being able to read is very different from being able to comprehend, please work on that aspect, it will help u, if not now, maybe in the future.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by Caseless: 12:27am On Feb 08, 2016
undecided
Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by SmartMugu: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2016
xtrorze:

Did you just state that Igbos need to get over themselves and the perceived hatred they believe the SW has for them?

You mean after you and your Yoruba partners connived with your Northern masters to massacre helpless Igbo civilians in 1966-70 you still had the effrontery to castigate Igbos?

1. Look at the years you quoted, are you sure everyone reading your comment were born around that period?
2. If you weren't born around that period either, most likely your children and grand children will continue screaming the war songs echoing in your head at the moment.
3. If the Biafra agitations had been more violent than it is now, you would have had a reason to forget 1966-70 and start using on 2016-20XX as the new yardstick for your agitation.
4. If #3 happens, your children and grandchildren would have found a reason to start #1 again, and the whole process repeats itself all over again.
5. Why not just let go of whatever happened in the past and face reality and let your kids grow up to see things the way they are, rather that brainwash them on some past history that have never been articulated?

What has all of this got to do with Pastor Bakare? It appears the title and the body of this thread have nothing in common.

10 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by ycat: 12:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Tunde Bakare is Yoruba and he knows that nothing in the national conference is favorable to the Yoruba. The state police was killed, and the regionalism was not allowed to sail through. These are what Yoruba asked for but didn't get. So who cares if it's implemented or not? Nothing in it for the Yoruba.
mekaboy:

He said the current constitution to him is a perfect one . They now asked him why they will be spending millions again to amend a perfect constitution. The said that the constitution is perfect does nt mean it does not need amendment

You can follow @CTVpoliticstoday handle on twitter to read reactions of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 08, 2016
obailala:
The north has never minced words about its position in the Nigerian project, the north has never hidden its disapproval for anything that resembles a restructuring of the nation because as we all know, the status quo favours them most. And yes, it is not about opposing the Igbos (as most Igbos have now been deceived to believe), rather it is purely about protecting their own interests and the interests of their people.

It is high time all Igbos start asking pertinent questions about what our leaders are doing to protect our interests when they get to Abuja. We cannot keep blaming leaders from other tribes and zones who are fighting tirelessly to protect the interests of their own people. Where are our own leaders?
Bros I wish I can gv u 1million like gosh u spoke my mind the very questions I ask people around me. God bless you. Aswear ur head dey there ofuma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Nigeria Police, Military & Paramilitary Choir Wish You A Merry Christmas / New Service Chiefs Not Enough, Exercise Leadership, Northern Elders Tell Buhari / INEC Backs Ayade’s Defection To APC, Asks Court To Bow To Appeal Court Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.