Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Ekitigate- Finally Fayose Opens Up About Aluko’s Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekitigate- Finally Fayose Opens Up About Aluko’s Allegation (642 Views)

Ekitigate: Obanikoro is compromised, Fayose says in reaction to ex-minister / New Details Reveal Obanikoro Received Funding For Ekitigate From ONSA :- EFCC / Army Announces Panel Members To Investigate Military Conduct During Ekitigate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ekitigate- Finally Fayose Opens Up About Aluko’s Allegation by Ekiti360(m): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2016
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state believes everything being said about him is mere propaganda.

Outspoken governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose has opened up on what transpired in the 2015 governorship election in the state.

The governor had been implicated by Dr Temitope Aluko, a former scribe of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) alongside Nigeria’s ex-president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, with rigging the last governorship election in the state

Fayose was alleged to have collected bout $37 million cash from Jonathan for the purpose of ‘taking’ care of the election in the state which led to his eventual victory in last year’s election, where his predecessor, Kayode Fayemi (now a minister of the Federal Republic), was sent packing.

In this interview with Premium Times, Fayose refused to comment on certain issues, stating that Nigerians want to hear something new.

Asked about the complaints he made about his predecessor on spending too much on the state house, Fayose did not allow the question drop before answering: “…I don’t want to dwell on that.

Nigerians want to hear something new, things that would impact immediately on their lives. That has come and gone. If we are not careful, you will look like someone is just ranting. Fayemi is gone, I cannot be celebrating him on the pages of newspapers, I cannot be talking about him anymore, he has done what he had to do, thank God for him.

“He has done his best. Now when Buhari starts talking about Jonathan, persistently, Nigerians will ask ‘we have heard, now what have you for us, you promised that you are going to change our lives’.”

On the report of the military inquest into the role of soldiers in the Ekiti and Osun elections, Fayose was quite explosive as he refused to allow the question land before dishing out the answers.

“Let me explain to you. My own is that I have gone through an election. I have won an election. There is a place the law says you can ventilate your displeasure. They have gone to the lower court, the appeal court and the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has given judgment in my favour. They have become functus officio. They cannot approbate and reprobate on the matter anymore.

“The election matters are Suris Generics. They operate within the ambit of time. The military was represented by a lawyer and the police was represented by a lawyer. This one is an afterthought. They said during my election the military…during Jonathan’s election, how did I win?

During the National Assembly election, how did I win all the seats?

“Two weeks after house of assembly election, I won everything, 26-26. Is it the military again? When the concubine of your mother is more powerful than your father, you call him daddy. You welcome him and take his bag. Let them take my bag and accept this Ekiti matter.

“This Bayelsa election we just finished, 14 people died, how many people died in Ekiti? If you see my prediction about Nigeria under Buhari, I said every effort to forcefully take the south-south states will result to a huge loss of lives.
My brother, they should leave me alone. They should face governance.
“God has given me this place. No amount of powers that will take this place from me because the gift of God is without repentance. How can only me defeat three governors, Segun Oni, Adebayo and Fayemi. I defeated them and they are still complaining,” the Ekiti governor opined.

Speaking on the recommendations of the report of the committee, Fayose retorted: “I have commented. It goes to no issue. And all the hidden agenda, we will keep our fingers crossed. We are watching. You see, since I became governor, I have not lost any battle.

“When God is with you, no man can be against you. They are only fooling themselves. During the last election, they said military was supporting Jonathan by asking for Buhari’s certificate. The same thing they did that time is what they are doing now.

He who pays the piper dictates the tune. I am not surprised. I am not among those people who are afraid of death. All those whom the Lord has not delivered us into their hands will never overcome us.”

http://www.ekitionline.com.ng/finally-fayose-opens-alukos-allegation/

Lalasticlala Ishilove
Re: Ekitigate- Finally Fayose Opens Up About Aluko’s Allegation by CICERO09(m): 8:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Foyose needs to take a chill pill this won't get him anywhere
Re: Ekitigate- Finally Fayose Opens Up About Aluko’s Allegation by Infomizer(m): 8:13am On Feb 08, 2016
Ekiti360:

“When the concubine of your mother is more powerful than your father, you call him daddy. You welcome him and take his bag.

He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

http://www.ekitionline.com.ng/finally-fayose-opens-alukos-allegation/
Lalasticlala Ishilove

Ay baba!! Forming MKO with the adages!! Lol

1 Like

Re: Ekitigate- Finally Fayose Opens Up About Aluko’s Allegation by Mynd44: 8:30am On Feb 08, 2016

(1)

Tompolo: President Buhari Received Stern Serious Warning Over Niger Delta Ex-mil / The Hash Tag #Made In Nigeria Is Now Trending / BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-minister, Abba Moro, Two Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.