Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? (7444 Views)

Video Of Nnamdi Kalu Of Radio Biafra Demanding To See His Lawyer Dss Refuse / Igbere Community Accuse Orji Uzor Kalu Of Murder, Orji Uzor Kalu Skips Town / Check Out Photos Of Ex Abia Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu Living In Opulence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2006
all the time i was in aba and he was governor, the only thing he did was to bring palm seedlings to my school. what am i using palm seedlings for? abeg, carry go!
he's useless.
what he did was allow bakassi to kill people and sh**
f*** him i say!!! self-servicer!!!!!
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by DaddyO(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2006
Don't know enough about his educational background, but whenever this man opens his mouth it leaves much to be contemplated,

He is crude and inflamatory in his comments. Lacks diplomacy and tack. A president (and leader) in an ethnically diverse and volatile country like Nigeria needs to demonstrate the kind of maturity and control which he so obviously lacks.

So, to answer your question, the answer is a resounding NO.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2006
i don;t really know the others so i'm not going to comment on them. but orji i know, he's so crap!
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Hotstepper(f): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2006
Ngige will do fine
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2006
ngige from what state?
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Bialegend(m): 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2006
All you IGBOS in this forum should stop this silly attitude. Why setting criteria, education or what ever for Orji Uzor Kalu and any other IGBO presidential aspirants??. Orji is a graduate of University of Meduguiri. Forget about if he has a good command of good english or not, but tell me which university OBJ, IBB, Abdusalam Abukakar, Buhari, Shagari and the rest of the mallams graduated from before becoming your "so much beloved" nigeria's presidents. Can any of the above mentioned names speak good English more than Orji Uzor Kalu or any other IGBO presidential aspirants??. Yorubas and hausas are busy here castigating your own whom are far much better than their own put together, yet you continued with them. Some will ask, let Orji Uzor tell us how he made his money. Nonsense. Did any of the above mentioned names let nigerians know how they made their money before and after their terms as disastrous nigeria's presidents??. Some will also say, visit his Abia state to see he is a failure there. Yes, he isn't a failure in Abia state and even if he is, he is still far better in public administration than all the above mentioned names put together.
If they hausas and yorubas have failed in over 40 years of their nigeria's management to give your "so much beloved" nigeria a president of their dream, why should they now set a criteria for you IGBOS before you can be president of nigeria. Some don't even know who is Ngige by asking is he from which state. Talk of trying to please a master while hurting herself. Nonsense.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by buchio7(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2006
i would prefer a rogue like odili to orji kalu because at least odili is doing something of a little semblance if not greatly significant. wat has orji done 4 abia dat we can use to project wat he may do 4 nigeria? even d road leading to igbere his home town was built by amadi ikweche (i.e.umuahia-ozuitem-arochukwu road. abeg, abeg make we talk beta candidates because orji is not a serious contender 4 a councillor in an organised society not to talk of president.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Bialegend(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2006
buchio7:

i would prefer a rogue like odili to orji kalu because at least odili is doing something of a little semblance if not greatly significant. what has orji done 4 abia that we can use to project what he may do 4 nigeria? even d road leading to igbere his home town was built by amadi ikweche (i.e.umuahia-ozuitem-arochukwu road. abeg, abeg make we talk beta candidates because orji is not a serious contender 4 a councillor in an organised society not to talk of president.
Yes Onyebuchi, you prefer Odili to Orji, but will yorubas and hausas even prefer your Odili??. Do you see the case here.
If you like, talk of Anyaoku or even an IGBO person born today without any dent, they still won't see any reason for IGBO to become president of their stinking nigeria. Orji has done well for all Bende communities as a whole and has done more in Umuahia than any former Abia state administrator/governor and this is a fact unless you don't want to say the truth here. Orji is the best Governor of Abia state since Mbakwe of Imo state of which comprises Abia state as at that time. He constructed more roads both in Aba and Umuahia more than any other past governor with the exception of Mbakwe. Mind you this is not my case for him becoming nigeria's president. My own case is, why should the hausas and yorubas set criteria for IGBOS towards becoming nigerias president. Why didn't they do same during the time of their own??.
We can set criteria for anyone of us that wants to rule our IGBO areas, but not for any of us that wants to rule their fishy country called nigeria.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Rhea(f): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2006
Most of the comments made here in support of Orji Kalu's bid for president have been made by people who may never have set foot on Abia state since the beginning of this century.

Before we start clamouring and supporting and campaigning for him, let's take a trip to Aba and see the wonder that his administration has created there. I can outline the following as some of his administration's achievements:

1. Converting Aba to the "refuse dump of the nation".
2. There is hardly any motorable road in Aba as of today.
3. Almost every bank in Aba was robbed last month (June).

Yes, he started off well by building roads. These roads don't exist anymore.

Whoever is clamouring for his candidature should kindly take a trip to Aba. While Aba is not the only city in Abia, it can generate enoguh revenue to cater for its needs if properly managed.

Forget what the websites say. Come to Aba and see for yourself. Personally I will not vote for him. He is a complete disgrace as a governor. Abia State is an oil-producing state. Yet states like Enugu and Ebonyi with no such luxury have fared better.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2006
we need fresh people. preferably, younger leaders! so sick of these old men when they should be retired!
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Mariory(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2006
Bialegend:

Orji is the best Governor of Abia state since Mbakwe of Imo state of which comprises Abia state as at that time. He constructed more roads both in Aba and Umuahia more than any other past governor with the exception of Mbakwe. Mind you this is not my case for him becoming nigeria's president. My own case is, why should the hausas and yorubas set criteria for IGBOS towards becoming nigerias president. Why didn't they do same during the time of their own??.
We can set criteria for anyone of us that wants to rule our IGBO areas, but not for any of us that wants to rule their fishy country called nigeria.

So forget about whatever non existent achievements you claim he has accomplished but vote for him becos he is Igbo? So f@cking retarded.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2006
because he's ibo? now that's not good!
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by lewa(m): 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2006
@bialegend
I know how you feel passionate about OKs candidature,but please corroborate
your facts before publishing them in forums as this.OK never finished schooling from University of Maiduguri and the people you called mallams that ruled us-IBB,Shagari, Abubakar all speak better english and the military guys went to military academies.Who told you yorubas dont support a S/E presidency?Have you heard of the S/S forum headed by Chief MT Mbu with Dr Dejo Raimi as secretary? I personally think OK is a mediocre Ndigbo has far more better candidates so please lets move on. smiley
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Nutter(m): 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2006
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by otokx(m): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2006
where did this man come from sef?
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Nutter(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2006
The very depths of an Igbo nightmare.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2006
orji's not gonna win. there's no point argueing
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by buchio7(m): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2006
Bialegend my broda(ibukwanu onye nkem) if d truth be told orji shdnt contest at all not because of my personal feelings but d fact is he has not performed enof in his current job as a govnor to be able to project himself to dat post of presido, why? look at aba or take out a test of other rural areas within aba and really c if gthe government has impacted on d lives of d ppl. go to arochukwu,ihube,isiukwato,item e.t.c dere is no government presence dere ;i knw cause i have been to dese areas. is dis d kind of man u want to represent ibos in d highest office in d land?who has less dan nothing to show for 8 yrs in power except enyimba? i have a colleague who is from igbere and happens to be a relative of orji. as far back as 2005 january orji concentration was no longer on governing abia but in campaigning for 2007. so a govnor leaves d responsibilities of conducting d affairs of his state/home so as to chase after his own selfish gains. pls my broda 4get sentiments,d ibos are in d mess we are by our own making not because of d hausas or yorubas. we r our own worst enemies
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by madlawyer1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2006
looks like someone else is vindicating chxta. wish he wasn't banned so he could comment on this one. abi is bialegend and ninetifive going to say that buchi is not igbo as well?
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Mariory(m): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2006
Why was Chxta banned?
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by otokx(m): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2006
i don't know.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Hotstepper(f): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2006
I will keep saying it. orji should go and rest and continue with his oil business or wuteva, I believe sum1 who wants to be the president now, should show sumthing for it esp. if he is a governor, and yes, Ngige was the Gov. of Anambra state and will pick up against any other igbo candidate tongue
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Chxta(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2006
I voted no on this one, and I won't dignify Kalu by giving reasons. Go to Ebem Ohafia (Umuahia and Aba are too obvious that it becomes common place) and know how far.

As for the impression the man would give the international community should Naija be unfortunate enough to have his as president, I have only this to say: It is better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you are stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2006
orji's a loser!!
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Chxta(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2006
Bialegend:

Yes Onyebuchi, you prefer Odili to Orji, but will yorubas and hausas even prefer your Odili??. Do you see the case here.
If you like, talk of Anyaoku or even an IGBO person born today without any dent, they still won't see any reason for IGBO to become president of their stinking nigeria. Orji has done well for all Bende communities as a whole and has done more in Umuahia than any former Abia state administrator/governor and this is a fact unless you don't want to say the truth here. Orji is the best Governor of Abia state since Mbakwe of Imo state of which comprises Abia state as at that time. He constructed more roads both in Aba and Umuahia more than any other past governor with the exception of Mbakwe. Mind you this is not my case for him becoming nigeria's president. My own case is, why should the hausas and yorubas set criteria for IGBOS towards becoming nigerias president. Why didn't they do same during the time of their own??.

Utter rubbish. Utter, utter rubbish.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by buchio7(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2006
we need to do some soul searching within ourselves as ibo ppl and by dat we shd ask ourselves wat we hav done wrong,were we have derailed as a ppl?y we keep putting ourselves in a situation where other tribes who ordinarily shdnt turn dere noses on us r nw seen as brides we must court. if we can discard d old ways of glorifying ppl who shd b jailed or turning our backs on credible ibo sons who we shd support dat cld b d first step. d second being at our own level supporting each other morally and building dat old days cammaraderie. orji shdnt vie 4 dat post 4get him.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2006
i've already forgotten him. there's no way he's gonna win sef. why bother ourselves?!
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by buchio7(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2006
we shd be bothered cause dere are so many other non-performers masqurading under one sentiment or d other dat want to be president(odili n attah as south-south candidates;yerima as northern version e.t.c) .dey r a dime a dozen of dem everywhere. d nigeria we all need can not come to fruitition under dese ppl
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Chxta(m): 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2006
buchio7:

we should be bothered cause dere are so many other non-performers masqurading under one sentiment or d other that want to be president(odili n attah as south-south candidates;yerima as northern version e.t.c) .dey r a dime a dozen of them everywhere. d nigeria we all need can not come to fruitition under dese people
Couldn't have said it better myself
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by kellorah: 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2006
what i'm saying is there's no way he's going to win because there are other better people contesting. that's what i'm trying to say here!
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by Nutter(m): 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2006
@Kellorah,

Unfortunately, in Nigeria, it is not the best candidates that win. Oby is the perfect example of this regrettable trend which does nothing but leaves a sour taste in the mouth, a sunken feeling in the heart and the inevitable detachment of the mind.
Re: Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? by soultaker: 3:16am On Jul 23, 2006
Dear nigerians i really recomend ORJI UZO KALU of abia state, for president, of nigeria in 2007. I think it is time that we stop making foolish mistakes that we have been making for the past 20 years. it is time for us to make the right choise, we have endured enough, and it is time for us to live the good life as Africa's most populous nation, and largest exporter of crude oil. we have to be able to elect someone, who will enable Nigeria to grow, and enable us to eat the fruit of our labour, enable our children to grow up in an unhostile environment, so we can produce things. ORJI KALU is the only person who qualifies for this . I guarantee you a better Nigeria, if you vote for Kalu, because he is the only cool headed person who can help us. LOOK AT ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS HE DID FOR ABIA STATE.

It is time to make a good choise for a change think, and dont act by emotion. what is best for you cant be changed. ORJI KALU has the idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo / Niger Delta Under Internal ‘Colonial Rule’ / Soludo's One Year In Office Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.