Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,716 members, 7,837,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Can Nigeria Be Better Than This? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can Nigeria Be Better Than This? (475 Views)

“It’s Better Than Alcohol,” Addict Tells FG To Stop Arresting Codeine Addicts / Can The Police In Nigeria Be Your Friend? / Can Nigeria Police Do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Be Better Than This? by babajeje123(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
This was the question I started asking myself after my experience yesterday at a filing station. I was wondering when God would answer all the prayers that are being raised in all the religious houses across the country.

Going straight to the point, after service, I decided to buy fuel for my generator since we scarcely have electricity in my area, Eputu. I went to three different stations but they were not selling. Then, I became suspicious of fuel scarcity. I decided to go to Danco and I was shock to see a long queue of kegs and vehicles. I joined the queue and when it was my turn, I asked the fuel attendant, a lady, to dispense fuel of 1500 for me. To my surprise, she dispensed fuel worth of 1200. When i queried her, she became dumb. No answer! She just continued attending to other customers. In order to save myself from yells and insults from onlookers, i left the place. I knew she just 'charged' me for using a keg. I am yet to know when it become a crime to use keg to buy fuel. why must an average Nigerian be looking for slightest opportunities to exploit others?

I came to a conclusion yesterday that this country can't be better as long as we continue to exploit ourselves. The change we are yearning for starts from individual. We can't expect our leaders to be positive while we the followers are negative.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Than This? by danidee10(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sori....never experienced it but I for no gree o....highest you collect your fuel give me my money....if na 50 or 100 naira I for even pity not 300.....no no no angry

(1) (Reply)

Just One Civil Servant Takes 20 Salaries, BVN Exposed Them Said By Finance Minis / Scam Alert On BVN (pic) / See The Face Of Another Elderly Man Arrested Over Serial Rape Of 13-year Old (se

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.