Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari (28193 Views)

"I Stand With Buhari" Rally Holds In Awka, Anambra Despite IPOB Threats (Pics) / Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
obailala:

Again the statement by Buhari was in response to a question about the image of the country internationally and after admitting there was a major problem, he also admits we are on course to salvaging the situation.

A smart form six kid would have known to use that opportunity to emphasize what he's DOING to in order to salvage the situation AND ZERO IN on what the nation's image would be when he's done.

Only a bastard will not mind when bashed in the public by a so called father. The question was not WHY Nigerians were not getting accepted in the UK? The question was whether it was legitimatel for Nigerians to seek the assylum through migrant route? Thus, Mr. Buhari had no business talking about Nigerians in foreign prison and making life difficult for innocent Nigerians in diaspora.

He had no right to say what he said, that's, aside from the fact that he spoke out of context.

Instead of aswering the questions he was asked, he chose to find excuses and reasons for the British and Europian governement all in his usual love of blame shifting. If all were well in the country will people be willing to migrate enmass? Please open your mind and stop this disgusting mindless support of senselessness.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 11:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=naijadeyhia post=42743608]
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 11:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
naijadeyhia:

U obviously are sitting on a long thing so needed to rise. Sometimes leadership needs to be truthful as for some, only bitter truth would wake them them up.
Asking Buhari to paint Nigeria glowingly is like trying to gather spilt milk or like trying to convince a man with magnifying lens that your white shirt is clean while swimming in the gutter.
The whole world already has the statistics of how bad Nigerians can be in certain areas and how good we are in other areas. Its like when you travel to brazil on vacation and are returning... ol boy all manner of drug searches and tests will be done on u because they are known for that.
Buhari has said the naked truth and if you don't like it go and become a citizen of vietnam.

The point is not about painting Nigeria white. The point is that he should not ACCUSE nigerians in the foreign media. It's a shame. A very big one. And it beats my imaginations how folks like you could defend this crap when you do not have a peanut as brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2016
paschu:

The point is not about painting Nigeria white. The point is that he should not ACCUSE nigerians in the foreign media. It's a shame. A very big one. And it beats my imaginations how folks like you could defend this crap when you do not have a peanut as brain.

Where in that interview did you read where he concocted an accusation? Buhari only said what the whole world already knew. Its common knowledge all over CNN, Aljazeera, fox, NTA, silverbird, channels etc.
I guess to you Buhari said something shockingly new because you reside on Uranus.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Joarams(m): 12:18am On Feb 09, 2016
Adminisher:

After going through the interview you wonder why we did not make this man president in 1999 instead of Obj. He is very lucid and clesr minded with a point of view.

Even after repeatedly using the words "some Nigerians"? Please put your criticism in perspective
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by obailala(m): 12:31am On Feb 09, 2016
paschu:

A smart form six kid would have known to use that opportunity to emphasize what he's DOING to in order to salvage the situation AND ZERO IN on what the nation's image would be when he's done.

Only a bastard will not mind when bashed in the public by a so called father. The question was not WHY Nigerians were not getting accepted in the UK? The question was whether it was legitimatel for Nigerians to seek the assylum through migrant route? Thus, Mr. Buhari had no business talking about Nigerians in foreign prison and making life difficult for innocent Nigerians in diaspora.

He had no right to say what he said, that's, aside from the fact that he spoke out of context.

Instead of aswering the questions he was asked, he chose to find excuses and reasons for the British and Europian governement all in his usual love of blame shifting. If all were well in the country will people be willing to migrate enmass? Please open your mind and stop this disgusting mindless support of senselessness.
Okay, PMB has an IQ less than that of a form six pupil. Enough of this ur rants pls.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 12:32am On Feb 09, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Where in that interview did you read where he concocted an accusation? Buhari only said what the whole world already knew. Its common knowledge all over CNN, Aljazeera, fox, NTA, silverbird, channels etc.
I guess to you Buhari said something shockingly new because you reside on Uranus.

You are still not getting the point.

Let me try to break it down for you.

If your elder brother was a theif and his notorious image is kind of messing up your kid sister's chances at getting married, your father should then be found on CNN saying things like " You know, those who feel that my daughter should not be trusted in marriage are actually right because her elder brother goes about terrorizing the whole world. I don't even understand why she is looking to get married in the first place, she should sit her butt down in the house and help me build the family legacy."

How is that about being honest and saying what everyone knows?
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 12:40am On Feb 09, 2016
obailala:
Okay, PMB has an IQ less than that of a form six pupil. Enough of this ur rants pls.

As if your father owns Nairaland. You are the one ranting, not me.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 09, 2016
paschu:

If your elder brother was a theif and his notorious image is kind of messing up your kid sister's chances at getting married, your father should then be found on CNN saying things like " You know, those who feel that my daughter should not be trusted in marriage are actually right because her elder brother goes about terrorizing the whole world. I don't even understand why she is looking to get married in the first place, she should sit her butt down in the house and help me build the family legacy."

Breaking it down was unnecessary as I clearly deciphered his message and still refuse to see it your way. If my elder brother is a thief and everyone already knows he is a thief what embelishment or cover up can I do?
The best I can say is that "everyone has their own life to live" and "his problem is solely his and is in no way connected to the sister" which was clearly what Buhari meant when he used the word "Some" and not "All" . Some Nigerians indeed are bad and he spoke the truth same way the united states would say some white supremacist reside in certain areas and those areas are prone to racism yet in our subconscious we feel a lot of whites are racists.
We cannot hide from the truth. We laid the bed of world scrutiny and until we begin telling ourselves some hard truths and move from cover ups to actually doing something about it so world opinions about us would change we would all be deceiving ourselvss just as you are deceiving yourself by wishing he dressed up a 50 yr old to look like a 15yr old. We are who we are and we alone can make ourselves whom we want to be.

3 Likes

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by obailala(m): 12:47am On Feb 09, 2016
paschu:

As if your father owns Nairaland. You are the one ranting, not me.
What has my father got to do with this matter and what has ownership of nairaland got to do with this topic?.... Are you okay?... Pls go and sleep.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 12:54am On Feb 09, 2016
obailala:
What has my father got to do with this matter and what has ownership of nairaland got to do with this topic?.... Are you okay?... Pls go and sleep.
If neither you nor your father owns the platform, what then gave you the audacity to tell me when my comments are enough or when it's time to sleep?

Okay, thank you for your concern grin grin
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by obailala(m): 12:59am On Feb 09, 2016
paschu:
If neither you nor your father owns the platform, what then gave you the audacity to tell me when my comments are enough or when it's time to sleep?
Lol... Going through the thread and seeing your endless trail of emotional comments, I advised you to go sleep for your own good.

1 Like

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by rottennaija(m): 1:02am On Feb 09, 2016
magicminister:

[size=15pt]"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but then again some Nigerians have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the[b] number of N[/b]igerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking".[/size]

[I] a number of Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking- Buhari[/i]

anyone with a slight training in public speech would know this is a major gaffe!

And you so conveniently remove the bolded. What do you hope to gain from it
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 1:03am On Feb 09, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Breaking it down was unnecessary as I clearly deciphered his message and still refuse to see it your way. If my elder brother is a thief and everyone already knows he is a thief what embelishment or cover up can I do?
The best I can say is that "everyone has their own life to live" and "his problem is solely his and is in no way connected to the sister" which was clearly what Buhari meant when he used the word "Some" and not "All" . Some Nigerians indeed are bad and he spoke the truth same way the united states would say some white supremacist reside in certain areas and those areas are prone to racism yet in our subconscious we feel a lot of whites are racists.
We cannot hide from the truth. We laid the bed of world scrutiny and until we begin telling ourselves some hard truths and move from cover ups to actually doing something about it so world opinions about us would change we would all be deceiving ourselvss just as you are deceiving yourself by wishing he dressed up a 50 yr old to look like a 15yr old. We are who we are and we alone can make ourselves whom we want to be.

Since you don't want to listen to common sense, let's argue it a bit from your own perspective.

If the issue is already known by everyone as you claim, what then makes it news (or did you not see the headline of that report?) or better still, why should buhari bother to repeat (with emphasis) the truth, accoording to you, the whole world already knows. Why repeat it when everyone already knows it?
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 09, 2016
magicminister:

Nigeria has a huge population but definitely not a huge market. What really determines potential is the income per capita which is fuccccking loww lol!
There are opportunities in Nigeria no doubt but not near as large as other 3rd world countries like ghana, jamaica and all.
Investors invest where they can make money right??

then what is the point of wooing them? if they believe they can make money from Nigeria, what is the point of travelling all over the world trying to win them over and at the same time, tagging your country corrupt in one instance, begging for bail out in another instance and tagging "some"Nigerians criminals. All in same breath....heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh!!!

thank me later.

It's crazy man. It makes me sad to the point I don't like to think about the things he says. He's a very vindictive man that's for sure, could it be he's trying to pay back Nigerians for all the years we didn't vote for him? I mean, look at what he's doing to dasuki (heard they tryna get him on a fresh charge for not resigning before leaving the military), same goes for everyone else who speaks up against him e.g. Olisa Metuh, Fayose, Dokpesi and co. I'm not saying they are innocent, it's just that there's a worrying pattern here, they all at some point spoke up against him. 

On the other hand, I'm even tempted to believe there was some form of tribal undertone to the statement he made about Nigerians‎ being criminals. Northerners hardly travel out. If Fulani's and northerners were dominant in London, would he say such? We all know the genocide fulani's commit in this country but I've never heard him condemn any of such before even as a president. That's just an angle.
 Fela sang about this man way back, some of the lyrics are in quote" my people are useless, my people are undisciplined, my people are criminals"‎ I think u shud download the joint. Sadly, this is Nigeria where the people forget.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 09, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Can you in all honesty say we are worse off in crime than the Americans and even the british? We all know we are learners in crime compared to these guys yet can u ever hear Obama say such about his people in another country? It's madness
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by arresa: 5:44am On Feb 09, 2016
magicminister:

Nigeria has a huge population but definitely not a huge market. What really determines potential is the income per capita which is fuccccking loww lol!
There are opportunities in Nigeria no doubt but not near as large as other 3rd world countries like ghana, jamaica and all.
Investors invest where they can make money right??

then what is the point of wooing them? if they believe they can make money from Nigeria, what is the point of travelling all over the world trying to win them over and at the same time, tagging your country corrupt in one instance, begging for bail out in another instance and tagging "some"Nigerians criminals. All in same breath....heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh!!!

thank me later.

Procter gamble is a fortune 500 company and the world's largest manufacture of consumer products and they not only have manufacturing plants in Nigeria, they rushed up to build 3 powerful manufacturing plants in from Oyo to Ogun and the new one in Lagos.

Nigeria is not a huge market, but the world's largest manufacture of consumer products is building manufacturing plants all over Nigeria for what? Decoration or because of huge market to support their huge investments all over Nigeria?

Now, please tell me, do they have any in your Ghana or Jamaica? The answer is no, none.

Our buying capacity, consuming capacity and huge population is what drives investments and not the silly and pointless layman rubbish you are talking about.

The fact that companies will invest doesn't mean you shouldn't give them extra intensives and breaks to make them invest right away, governments all over the world go on trade visits and missions all over the world regardless so exactly what's your point about wooing investors? That was a very ignorant and dumb comment that made zero sense..

You really need to thank yourself for your low grade thinking..

1 Like

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by magicminister: 7:14am On Feb 09, 2016
arresa:

Procter gamble is a fortune 500 company and the world's largest manufacture of consumer products and they not only have manufacturing plants in Nigeria, they rushed up to build 3 powerful manufacturing plants in from Oyo to Ogun and the new one in Lagos.

Nigeria is not a huge market, but the world's largest manufacture of consumer products is building manufacturing plants all over Nigeria for what? Decoration or because of huge market to support their huge investments all over Nigeria?

Now, please tell me, do they have any in your Ghana or Jamaica? The answer is no, none.

Our buying capacity, consuming capacity and huge population is what drives investments and not the silly and pointless layman rubbish you are talking about.

The fact that companies will invest doesn't mean you shouldn't give them extra intensives and breaks to make them invest right away, governments all over the world go on trade visits and missions all over the world regardless so exactly what's your point about wooing investors? That was a very ignorant and dumb comment that made zero sense..

You really need to thank yourself for your low grade thinking..

Lol...

all your assertions are incorrect

First of all, P&G is the 24 largest manufacturer of consumer goods in the world. That is a long shot from what you said.
Secondly, P&G only has 2 manufacturing plants in Nigeria (ibadan and ogun state) and an office building at in Lagos.

If our buying capacity is as powerful as you think, we should be top investment destination but according to bloomberg, we are not even on the top investment destination in the world despite our large population. (WE ARE THE 9TH MOST POPULOUS COUNTRY).

Our consuming potential is high. All countries have high consuming potential but what really counts is the per capita income.

hope you learnt a thing or two?

A FORTUNE 500 company being in Nigeria is pointless.

The real question is out of those 500 companies, how many are in Nigeria and how many came from Nigeria?? LESS THAN 15.!!

do you know that some countries have 500/500 of those companies??

1 Like

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by mykel25(m): 7:23am On Feb 09, 2016
doctokwus:
So where did PMB call nigerians criminals?
Some senators like Ben Murray Bruce are so pathetic that despite their positions,wealth and contacts,they are no better than members of "free newspaper readers association" at various newspaper stands who only read headlines and are ready to fight over issues,the details or context, they can't grasp because they can't afford to buy such newspapers to read d full details and get d truth.
There are also other Nigerians so blinded by their loss and bitter that they have ceded their ability to think to the hordes of still bitter souls,ethnic jingoists and sycophants of the recently bygone era.
It's a pity.

Don't you think this piece is edited? Make your findings b4 u spill trash....
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Geist(m): 7:46am On Feb 09, 2016
paschu:

Your analogy is totally wrong. The marriage of man's daughter to another man's son is a good thing. Seeking asylum in another country does not reflect anything good on the country or it's President. Why should a sitting president encourage such? Also even if the father does say such on national TV, he his not making anything worse since his son and not the father has already spoilt the image. Again as a country we can not continue to put up bad statistics of our antecedents abroad and hope that our diplomacy will change the public perception of the country. Stay in your country and build it and other countries will seek you to come contribute to their society. That is why a Chinese man is more likely to get an American visa than any African. More Chinese are seen building their country than running to other countries seeking asylum.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by arresa: 8:20am On Feb 09, 2016
magicminister:

Lol...

all your assertions are incorrect

First of all, P&G is the 24 largest manufacturer of consumer goods in the world. That is a long shot from what you said.

LONDON (Reuters) - Procter & Gamble Co is working with Goldman Sachs to explore the sale of its hair care business Wella that could be worth around $7 billion, as the world's largest consumer products company streamlines its portfolio, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-exclusive-pg-exploring-sale-of-7-billion-wella-hair-care-unit---sources--2014-11

Educate yourself and quit spewing ignorance..

Secondly, P&G only has 2 manufacturing plants in Nigeria (ibadan and ogun state) and an office building at in Lagos.

Procter & Gamble - Lagos Babycare Facility

http://www.blackborderbuild.com/industry--services/procter-gamble-lagos-babycare-facility

That's the 3rd P&G in the SW

If our buying capacity is as powerful as you think, we should be top investment destination but according to bloomberg, we are not even on the top investment destination in the world despite our large population. (WE ARE THE 9TH MOST POPULOUS COUNTRY).

Our consuming potential is high. All countries have high consuming potential but what really counts is the per capita income.

hope you learnt a thing or two?

A FORTUNE 500 company being in Nigeria is pointless.

The real question is out of those 500 companies, how many are in Nigeria and how many came from Nigeria?? LESS THAN 15.!!

do you know that some countries have 500/500 of those companies??

NIGERIA, KENYA RANK TOP DESTINATION FOR GLOBAL INVESTMENT – WALL STREET JOURNAL

Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria has emerged the number one frontier-market economy in terms of attracting the most attention from European and American multinationals, a report titled ‘Frontier Market Sentiment Index’ by Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Frontiers has revealed.

http://venturesafrica.com/nigeria-kenya-rank-top-destination-for-global-investment-wall-street-journal/

You really need to keep quiet for your own good..

1 Like

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 09, 2016
An audio clip of the interview will clear the doubting Thomas.This could be an edited version from an e-rat.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by spinoff: 11:26am On Feb 09, 2016
Super1Star:
Where in the whole of that transcript of the interview did PMB called Nigerians criminals?

Ben Bruce indeed has the face Obama and the brain of Obanikoro.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by magicminister: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
arresa:

LONDON (Reuters) - Procter & Gamble Co is working with Goldman Sachs to explore the sale of its hair care business Wella that could be worth around $7 billion, as the world's largest consumer products company streamlines its portfolio, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-exclusive-pg-exploring-sale-of-7-billion-wella-hair-care-unit---sources--2014-11

Educate yourself and quit spewing ignorance..

Procter & Gamble - Lagos Babycare Facility

http://www.blackborderbuild.com/industry--services/procter-gamble-lagos-babycare-facility

That's the 3rd P&G in the SW

NIGERIA, KENYA RANK TOP DESTINATION FOR GLOBAL INVESTMENT – WALL STREET JOURNAL

Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria has emerged the number one frontier-market economy in terms of attracting the most attention from European and American multinationals, a report titled ‘Frontier Market Sentiment Index’ by Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Frontiers has revealed.

http://venturesafrica.com/nigeria-kenya-rank-top-destination-for-global-investment-wall-street-journal/

You really need to keep quiet for your own good..

you've been throwing jabs at me which i have ignored all along and tried to show you a more matured way to hold an argument but you just wouldn't learn. Well, you have shown to be an immature person with little to no conversational skill. Probably a teenager still writing jamb or an unemployed young adult.
If you claim to be a learned person, you should be able to hold a healthy argument. sell your points, observe other people's point and agree to disagree.

This conversation is over!
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
naijadeyhia:

...which was clearly what Buhari meant..." .

This is exactly where the problem is.

Nigerians are no speculators. So no one cares about what HE MEANT - we are more intrested in what HE SAID or DID. So the point is that he erred the moment he drifted into the totally unnecessary small talks of imprisonments and crimes when he was merely asked to explain the legitimacy of assylum seeking.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by adeboizy11(m): 6:28am On Mar 12, 2016
A president of a country sud address d necessary and immediate problems of his people nd try to profer needed solution to d various problems not going on international media to blow banter bout d people he govern. Not a political fanatic but Buhari is indeed a useless dullard. I've never seen where obama or putin leave USA or Russia to Nigeria or other countries jst to talk trash bout their people. This is a wake up call, we sud stop being non chalant due to different political affiliation.

OgbeifunErom:

So that is the reason why IPOB Youths are angry

Because he made reference to Drug smugglers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Official Twitter Account Hacked / Fatima, Atiku’s Daughter Revalidates Her Membership Of APC (Photos) / Iyorcha Ayu: We Will Develop Nigeria As We Did Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.