Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House - NYSC (1465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House (2566784 Views)

NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members / NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2016
shankara7:
This is not true. first class grads are the only ones given preferential posting.
And what do you mean by "Preferential"? If we are not still saying about the same thing. undecided
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by guruvivicawelt: 11:37am On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:
They didn't runs it, what do you think would happen if you graduated before the age of 30 and refused to go for NYSC till you needed a job for a higher position in probably a Government Agency and they asked for your NYSC certificate, you think if you go and register they'll tell you because you are now 30+ they'll give you NYSC exemption certificate? It doesn't work that way. Again, ask yourself why would someone above 50 do runs to serve? Also ask yourself why they usually include year of Graduation in PCM details when registering? Your friend probably didn't graduate before he clocked 30. It is the year of Graduation and DOB NYSC are concerned with not the Year or Batch you registered with.
above 50.. mehn dats quiet an exaggeration, its nYsc "national YOUTH service corps" not nAsc "national ADULT service corp" nysc dont care ur date of senate approval ones u r above d stipulated age mehn na runs. i have a senior cosine who graduated and went abroad on returning he couldnt serve cus he was way above 30..tho in 9ja tinz are diff even in other sectors like NDA exam were age limit is btw 18-22 * not sure. u even see 34year old writing d exam. even in football, so am not saying d person involved here cant go for NYSC buh am saying she shouldnt just fold her hands and expect tinz to work out like u guys told her, first let her make her equiries.. she can try by asking tru there twitter page then from der she will know what to do..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by monniyi(f): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:
But for Legit PPA posting, na how e dey go be that.
E be like say you sabi people gan, which states you pick? In case them fit post us for the same place, so you go fit help me
I dont know any illegit person- The only Legit being i know, knows everyone- even by the names nobody knows---"THE ALL KNOWING GOD". You can still tag along if you believe-

I chose- Kaduna,kwara,oyo and Akwaibom

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by shankara7: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:
And what do you mean by "Preferential"? If we are not still saying about the same thing. undecided
You said firstclass and 2.1 are given preferential posting and i said its only first class grads that enjoy such.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2016
guruvivicawelt:
above 50.. mehn dats quiet an exaggeration, its nYsc "national YOUTH service corps" not nAsc "national ADULT service corp" nysc dont care ur date of senate approval ones u r above d stipulated age mehn na runs. i have a senior cosine who graduated and went abroad on returning he couldnt serve cus he was way above 30..tho in 9ja tinz are diff even in other sectors like NDA exam were age limit is btw 18-22 * not sure. u even see 34year old writing d exam. even in football, so am not saying d person involved here cant go for NYSC buh am saying she shouldnt just fold her hands and expect tinz to work out like u guys told her, first let her make her equiries.. she can try by asking tru there twitter page then from der she will know what to do..
It isn't an exaggeration, try finding out well, I have evidence and I can back it up with pictures and links
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by kayusbrown(m): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2016
PCMs from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta are advised to avoid registration hassles in the centres around their institution. Come to READYHANDS TECHNOLOGIES(OPPOSITE OLG PRIMARY SCHOOL, OBANTOKO, ABEOKUTA) for your registration. You'll be done in less than 30minutes. Call 08030755190 or 08038312501 for enquiries.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 21, 2016
maccabi:

hello bae.... what is required of u is ur Statement of result from ur institution
tnks guy 4 responding do i need to pay the 3k when registring cos i reside in the town where i graduate
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by quadreyatom(m): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2016
ridd010:
Seriously guys, at this stage having a whatsapp group account would be cool. Just paste your whatsapp number to be added. And congrats PCMs it's not easy grin

08081342149....Leggoooo!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2016
shankara7:
You said firstclass and 2.1 are given preferential posting and i said its only first class grads that enjoy such.
they are too, I have friends in the north that graduated with 2.1 teaching in Polytechnics and College of Education.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by doludanny(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:
On a normal day I would tell you not a bother yourself with it as it wouldn't affect your registration at camp or eligibility to serve, but it might affect where you'll get posted to. First Class and 2nd class upper Graduates are usually sent to Higher Institutions and Government Ministries, while others sre sent to you know where. So if you don't mind being sent to "you know where", you can leave it like that. But you should be able to sort this issue out at camp or with your Students' Affairs Officer.

Meanwhile, was it different from what you saw when you checked the Senate list on NYSC's portal?

Thanks bro...they pasted list...my name fell under correction list...the grade wasn't there...so I didn't notice it...BT glory to God what is on d green card is higher than what I grad with
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by guruvivicawelt: 11:51am On Oct 21, 2016
shankara7:
yes, d man iz correct.. thats nysc rules.. source? nysc official gave us dat info during thier briefing in ma skul. so dats how it suppose to b, buh u know naija tinz are neva done accordingly, ma senior in ma department. she graduated with 1st class and was still posted in sec skul.. even many universities dont accept corp members..

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 11:53am On Oct 21, 2016
monniyi:
I dont know any illegit person- The only Legit being i know, knows everyone- even by the names nobody knows---"THE ALL KNOWING GOD". You can still tag along if you believe-

I chose- Kaduna,kwara,oyo and Akwaibom
We have two states in Common Kwara and Oyo, I am rooting for OYO
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by shankara7: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:
they are too, I have friends in the north that graduated with 2.1 teaching in Polytechnics and College of Education.
But that does not mean a 2.1 holder can't be posted to a primary school like the guy was trying to portray. Most first class grads are even posted to sec schools.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by justifiedcoyy(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2016
Wetin concern nysc with ur waec result

U dey find admission?
dunamit:
I Will Like To Ask, I Wrote Waec At Differ Times, Although I Have Nt Still Clear My Maths, Will Nysc Acept It Like, Or Will They Acpt Neco?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2016
To all those Arguing the Age stuff with me. Excerpts from NYSC's website:

COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
Below are the requirements for collection/replacement of certificate of exemption.

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :

He is over the age of thirty (30) years

He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
He is a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization or
The State Security Service, or
The National Intelligence Agency or
The Defence Intelligence Service
He has been conferred with any National Honour.

These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.

Source: http://www.nysc.gov.ng/certificates-info/cr-cert-exemption.php

cc: guruvivicawelt, kayzat

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
shankara7:
But that does not mean a 2.1 holder can't be posted to a primary school like the guy was trying to portray.
That's you would have said also
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by iamwizzle(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
Emmanuel999:

Sorry bro. I Think she made mention of that as well. but don't worry. God is in control.

SURE
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by justifiedcoyy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
At dis point.. I want to "runs" my posting

Who knows someone that knows someone who can help me with d *runsing"
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by justifiedcoyy(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Bros, na d age wey dem.approve Ur result matter.

That's why u can choose to differ nysc na.
guruvivicawelt:
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by guruvivicawelt: 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:

Below are the requirements for collection/replacement of certificate of exemption.

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :

He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or

These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.

cc: guruvivicawelt, kayzat
owk i stand corrected... thanks for diz info tho..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by deepfreeze(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
nanaman:

You regularized? I mean Jamb regularisation.

Please What is Jamb regularisation. Cause this is the first time I'm hearing such
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by arcnomec(m): 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
justifiedcoyy:
Bros, na d age wey dem.approve Ur result matter.

That's why u can choose to differ nysc na.

I think guru is actually right in his assertion ,I too have seen people well above 30 who are serving,reason being that the certificate is very important ,if you are to ever going to handle any political appointment .That's if you haven't been close to military. They falsify their age just to go for service.

cc:Dottune
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by adebrave1(m): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
monniyi:
i get confused at "THE GREEN CARD ISH" Isnt it the white A4 paper that carries all your details,Name, DOB, clothe size, year of grad, call up number, passport and so on

Cos the way pple are presenting it is so weird, like i have to print out something like a "credit card", it just has to be green and looks like a drivers licence... undecided undecided

Thought I was the only one having same thought. grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerians can capitalize anything sha..........
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
arcnomec:

I think guru is actually right in his assertion ,I too have seen people well above 30 who are serving,reason being that the certificate is very important ,if you are to ever going to handle any political appointment .That's if you haven't been close to military. They falsify their age just to go for service.

You should read this and also check the link
Dottune:

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by deepfreeze(m): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:
I don't think it should affect you at camp, so far you aren't 30+. They can't say you are not the same person or that it is identity theft since they already have your Biometrics

Thnx bro... Gracias... Was a bit worried when I kept hearing WAEC Pin and stuffs like that and didn't know what is what again..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by arcnomec(m): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
I saw the beautiful corps member walked into the other room and my gazed followed her all through till she left through the other room.

#MakeSentenceWithTheOtherRoom..........

Cc:To all corps member in the making in this thread.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by deepfreeze(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
guruvivicawelt:
yeah very soon diz gonna b d topic.. tinz needed in camp.. very important

Plz when u do kindly mention me...tnx
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by nanaman(m): 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
deepfreeze:

Please What is Jamb regularisation. Cause this is the first time I'm hearing such

With my little survey,I realised that folks that didn't regularize are facing this particular issue the most. Seems NYSC is using either waec or jamb dob to verify once dob. Jamb for those with neco results (unverified)

Don't be bothered because you have been mobilised and regularisation is already late. Just look for all possible means to effect the dob change.. I don't have or seen any for now but will revert as soon as I get a link.

There would be a way, I belief. All is well bro
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by arcnomec(m): 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
Dottune:
You should read this and also check the link

I do understands the content of the gazette in the said code..People who are above thirty are exempted ,but quote me,in your camp you will see people who are close to 40 serving.While should that be,simply,they falsify their age.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by sharliz(f): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
kapable75:
Heeeey!! haba na, so you took it this serious. thats not how i meant it o.
lol m jst kidding u...aw far with reg
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by justifiedcoyy(m): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
If they were older Dan 30 before their results were approved...

arcnomec:

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
arcnomec:

I do understands the content of the gazette in the said code..People who are above thirty are exempted ,but quote me,in your camp you will see people who are close to 40 serving.While should that be,simply,they falsify their age.
They didn't falsify their age, most of them graduated before the age of 30 and refused to serve and when they needed their NYSC certificate, they must have been informed that they graduated before the age of 30, so they can't be given certificate of exemption.
You don't need to falsify age to get NYSC certificate, if you're above 30 when you graduate you'd be given Certificate of Exemption.

It is the year that you graduated from school against your Date of birth that matters and not the year you registered

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2142) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House / Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.