Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House - NYSC (1894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House (2546638 Views)

NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members / NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) ... (2142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Mikkyjay17(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2016
Anyone posted to Niger State
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by eemalex(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2016
dayjeee:
Emmalex abeg help a fellow unilorite check
The site is slow but send your details
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Kylaperky23(f): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2016
Pls recheck for me

Kylaperky234@gmail.com

Moreofugod
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Adeyemi09(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2016
For Taraba dude
color=#000099]Hey everyone.I have decided to use this platform to share my day to day activities in campwhich is to start by Monday June 13th.So after days of prayer and fasting(j.k about the fasting) to not get posted to the North, i was posted to the worst(in terms of insecurity) of all Norths,Adamawa.You can imagine my face when I printed that call up letter only to find out my prayers werent answered. My heart and soul sank deeply. Anyways, God win because I believe God has a reason for everything. Good news is, I wont be stepping into Adamawa at allAs some of you know, camping is taking place at Jalingo, Taraba state(my nickname literally changed from jessiliciousjes to Tarabs baby). To some this may come as a relief but to me, not one bit. Im based in Lagos state and finished tertiary school from Nnamdi Azikwe university,Awka, Anambra state(in da East!!). I basically have no freaking idea how to get to the North. Mehnn was I depressed.Well as long as google dey alive, there is always a solution. So i started googling how to get to Tarabs(that is what i call Taraba) from lagos. I was directed to so many articles, mostly some in nairaland though. I read aboutone transportation company that conveyed corpers from lag to tarabs, but at the end of the article, the writer wasnt so pleased about the company and instead referred readers to use fairplus, young shall grow, samfan and one other one that i cant remember due to the fact that the one he entered was way expensive. So again i googled fairplus and found their website which was really helpful by the way, i made a call to the company to find out about the price which was surprisingly 9k. That is the good news.The bad news is that it is over a day journeyI was shocked. Not as shocked as my elder sis who cried a lil(cos she thought i was gonna die on the way plus she's a super drama queen) or my mum who just kept screaming(for the first time i heard her call me baby)To cut long stories short i googled some more and read other people's experiences and came to a final conclusion that the journey would be safe afterall(by the grace of God). I also made more enquiries about the camp from two of my friends who also camped there in the stream 1 set and they were like it's really cool and fun and kindda new(well..... when i get there i will confirm).Then just a day before camping, Nysc postponed the orientation date which was by the way a HUGE inconvenince seeing as i've already gotten prepared (did my hair and shii). Well, no wahala na. It actually gave me more time to prepare.Finally a new date was set, so i decided to go to park to see what it was like. Fairplus park is located beside Iddo busstop just afer oyingbo. I was coming from mile 2 so I took a bus to oshodi underbridge and boarded another bus going to oyingbo.I got there and booked for my seat which was still 9k and will have to be there by 6am on the day i travel.Anyho, as we all know orientation starts on monday but i will be travelling saturday(day after tomorrowto get there on sunday) just to be in camp on time. Apparently, corpers coming from a far distance can sleep over in camp(or so i was told).For those of you located in lag and camping in tarabs, holla me.Stay glued for more updates.Till next time......caio

PART 2So im in camp at this very moment.( Thank God for a safe journey).I woke up by 4am on saturday and got ready. By 5am i headed for iddo bustop(using the cab i chattered the previous day). After boarding the bus, we left at exactly 6:30am. It was the longest journey i have ever experienced. My legs ached trying to figure out different positions to sleep. They still feel sore right now.The driver made three stops for restingand eating. By 3pm we were already atawka, by 4pm Enugu. I slept so many times in the bus i cant even begin to say the time we reached different states. But when we reached Benue,i just wanted to die. I had no frigging idea it was so huge. I slept like over three times and woke up yet we were still in Benue. I just thought the driver was going round and round in Benue. At a point the driver just had to stop and rest(our second stop). Mehn did i feel like killing myself at that point.It was so cold, windy and dusty even with the windows closed.Anyways through all and all we reached the camp by 3:30am(the first driver switched with another driver who drove all night). Approximately a 21 hour journey.After much talk with the gateman he opened the gate. Finally!!! I screamed with my inside voice. I literally flew from the bus just to get down. I had had just about enough of sitting down. Those who took the second bus were already inside(appparently their driver passed us).We went inside to look for a place to sleep. Due to the fact that orientation doesnt start until Monday, there were no mattresses except for the three thatwere already being used by other corpers. So we headed to an empty hall where we sat at different places. I sat on a photocopy machine, others generator,floor,etc. I couldnt even get enough sleep cos i was so uncomfortable.By 5am it was already getting bright. I was so surprised(not used to it being bright by that hour).Later i went to take a look around and Imust say i wasnt impressed at all. Thetoilets are nothing to talk home about, there is no water and electricity. I had to go and buy pure water which i used to have my bath. You know, dont get me wrong, the camp is ok in terms of the building and all but it lacked serious maintenance. Everywhere wasjust filled with dust and webs and trash. This camp was just overrated by my friends who stayed here during stream one.Well i was already getting hungry so i and two other guys went to mammy market. Only a few marketers were around cos the others decided to resume on Monday. I ate an 'ok tasting' jollof rice and meat for #250. When we got back we found out they were giving mattresses to those who submitted the photocopy of their call up letter. Sharply I went to submit mine,chose a volumptous mattress and headed to the rooms given to us temporarily where I stay to write to you guys.

PART 3Like the pains i felt on my legs yesterday werent enough, these soldiers decided to add more pains by making us stand under the hot sun for hard labor, screaming 'sir yes sir!!!' and marching like i registered to join the Nigerian army and not NYSC. Rightnow i just feel complete numbness on my legs. E be like say blood no dey flow again.Well, from the beginning, after sleepinglast night like a dead person (so much so that i didnt even hear the bell ring), the bunker by my side woke me up to take my bath. BY 2AM!!!I died a little inside). It was freezing cold outside. I didnt even bother having my bath cos i did that just 4hours ago (like10pm). I just brushed then washed my face(and the rest). Then went to bed for a quick nap only to be awoken by around 5am or was it 4am?Well ididnt check the time cos i was too busy rushing after i was told that we had to pack our belongings and go outside the gate to be addressed. I packed then went outside(good news:those who came a day before got to keep the positions we spent the night in).When we were outside the gate, the state coordinator and some soldiers gave their semi long speech while we stood(beginning of the leg ache), then our bags were searched one by one forcontrabands like knives,forks,etc. Before i travelled to the camp, I heard that extensions were not allowed(but they had just one charging point on every side of wall. That is four in a room of about 30 girls). See talk o! I sha jejely carried my extension and hid it in a hidden compartment of my box. I no fit shout.After the searching and we entered thecamp, registration started. Time for another queuing(I just weak). Sha i maneuvered my little body to the front line so it was quite quick for me. I supplied my documents,ID card,etc. After this, i headed to the store for another mini registration to collect our"prison uniform"(khaki,whites and the rest) at my allocated platoon queue. As usual, everything was way too big. Isha sha smiled with one soldier who changed my under sized white sneakers.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by dayjeee(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2016
Anyone who registered on the 3rd day seen callup letter
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by fairlyusedpant: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2016
MizOmalicha:
Dunno wats wrong with d site, it's saying we are sorry, d page u opened bla bla bla bla
maybe stream 2 wahala... Just keep checking sha... Don't panic, all is well
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by chumaster(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2016
swtjay:
pls recheck for me. mhizjane29@gmail.com. password 08151771120. tanx
I am not the one checking o

cc posimii awakeuche
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by OmichaelO: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2016
Youwin:
Please help O
Email - jidekilekun@gmail.com
Password - jidekilekun
eemalex:

.stream 2
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Haychay(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2016
awakeuche:
Those who sent me their details, the network is still messing up, but am checking, did you get where you wanted dream2 posimi justyfiedcoyy shaliz ibroh22 haychay arcnomec chumaster monniyi chiefojiji

I no fit just talk lipsrsealed
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Abacharles(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2016
Yenime1:
Drop your details lemme help someone check.... Cross river peeps tag me
yay.... I see some1 already.... any group yet?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by eemalex(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2016
aydeluxe:

no akokite ni ooo

Longest Legs as u schooled in Lag again
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by chiefoboh1(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2016
Am posted 2 kwara, any kwara hala me
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by dayjeee(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2016
eemalex:

thanks bro...adedeji_olamilekan@yahoo.com bisilekan
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by sirpelu(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2016
intruder15:

was posted to adamawa, but am camping in kano. D same camp wit u. Going frm lag.

Was also posted to adamawa buh to camp in karaye kano state.. Going from lag also 07035996076
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by TashaStPatrik: 8:45am On Nov 21, 2016
Adeyemi09:

mine nah Taraba see me see luck oooo make I no talk anything else oooo

Am also taraba.. please where is ur current state? me am in PH
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by intruder15(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2016
sleekyonyx:
My cousin got posted to JIGAWA, she doesn't even know where it's located on the map grin. Any idea on how she can travel from Calabar ?
lmao... Google it jor.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by chumaster(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2016
actorlee007:
help check mine too plsss Olumideadesam@gmail.com Password Ajayiolumba
cc eemalex posimii awakeuche cheesy
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:47am On Nov 21, 2016
Dindook:

Thanks for your info, my cousin who just passed out said those photocopies are just wastage, that latest 3 or 4 each of your documents and the passport too not more than 6....also Adesuwag n LogoDWhiz also said something about it..
Yes you are right. The issue is that some people are still using old list. With the advent of the green card, things have been made easier. Just 2 photocopies are enogh.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by tomsniel(m): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2016
Emmanuel999:

I am from Enugu state

That's a longer Journey than mine.. Happy to make your acquitance
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Favlex10(m): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2016
actorlee007:
anyone pls help

You are posted to Abuja. Congrats
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Iamoilprince(m): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2016
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ibroh22(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2016
awakeuche:
Those who sent me their details, the network is still messing up, but am checking, did you get where you wanted dream2 posimi justyfiedcoyy shaliz ibroh22 haychay arcnomec chumaster monniyi chiefojiji
yes,,,,abia state
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Posimii(f): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2016
kween6:
Posimii congrats dear, no enugu Corper?
u b Enugu kopa? kul
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Favlex10(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2016
chiefoboh1:
Am posted 2 kwara, any kwara hala me

Chai...Na der I school. E peaceful oo,but very dry
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Emmanuel999(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2016
Mikkyjay17:
Anyone posted to Niger State
Yes bro. I am posted to Niger state going from Enugu. you?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by MizOmalicha(f): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2016
fairlyusedpant:

maybe stream 2 wahala... Just keep checking sha... Don't panic, all is well
I'm panicking alrdy o!!!! I just want 2go 4 stream one.. wat abt u
Dats wat i'v bin seeing

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Iamoilprince(m): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2016
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by TashaStPatrik: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2016
kapable75:
**Lemme pretend as if is my most prefered**
yaaaaay!! make una join me celebrate o. na taraba ogrin

Where are you now? Am also going to Taraba....
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by MizOmalicha(f): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2016
ibroh22:

yes,,,,abia state
we are xpecting u...
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Haychay(m): 8:52am On Nov 21, 2016
U need to read some people reactions when they finally got to check , I read some n couldn't stop laughing, just wanna say there is a reason for everything grin

Goodluck guys

P.s...I never even check mine, I wonder wat my reaction would be.....still hoping cheesy
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by swtjay(f): 8:52am On Nov 21, 2016
Yenime1:
Drop your details lemme help someone check.... Cross river peeps tag me
help me please. mhizjane29@gmail.com. PW.08151771120
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by kwynette(f): 8:52am On Nov 21, 2016
Ebonyi Corper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) ... (2142) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House / Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.