Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House - NYSC (2112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House (2552535 Views)

NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members / NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) ... (2142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by joshuachuks93(m): 11:31am On Jan 28, 2017
Corper wee oo......

Lectures haf commenced...pple fainting during parade, some running to the clinic to tke shield in other to avoid parade....well camp food has been hmmmm let me say 60% but the Akara is 80% dem try for that area........Welcome party is tonight and platoon competitions its next week. Hope my platoon will win coz my participation is zero.....Boys dey show dem selves for my hostel o especially the yoruba's, dey are jst too noisy and full of demselves...(waiting for rxns).

Access bank no has been sent to most us over here, waiting patiently for allawee...becos if allawee no dey yawa go dey.

#Bauchi kofa...platoon5
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by abat4real37(f): 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENCY, THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF NYSC AND THE CONCERNED NYSC OFFICIALS
From an aggrieved Corp Member serving in Oyo State
N19, 800: A Salary, An Allowance or A Peanut.
I picked up my writing materials from a bitter heart based on the suffering of the Nigerian Corp Members serving their fatherland with a monthly pay of N19, 800.
Let me start from the camping exercise where it all started. An average Prospective Corp Member spent nothing less than N30, 000 to prepare for the camping exercise. Like that was not enough, we meet the extortion of our lives in the camp. We found out that the sockets in the lodges were disconnected from power supply and it was prohibited to charge our phones using any of the available sockets so that we can pay at the camp market. We went to the camp kitchen for food, and found a meal that cannot satisfy a year old baby. We went to the camp market, food and other items were so costly that we began to wonder whether we are still in Nigeria or one sort of desert in Afghanistan. An average expenditure in the camp is about N40, 000 not forgetting the N3, 000 plus we paid during registration. We were given N2, 500 in the camp as if it was enough to cover our transport expenses.
Now the real game began as soon as we were given our posting letters. We paid for the vehicles provided by the LGA’s to convey us to the LGA Secretariat. Thanks to the religious organizations that saved us from another lodging expenses. On getting to our Place of Primary Assignments (PPA’s), for those who were not rejected, we were welcomed with a very interested slogan, “NO PAY, NO ACCOMMODATION”. Not considering that the state does not pay as well. To the best of my knowledge, only about 10% of the 36 states including the FCT pays Corp Members. For those posted to cities, towns, rural areas and remote villages spend from N100,000 - N200,000, N70,000 – N80,000, N30,000 - N65,000 and N10,000 – N20,000 respectively on accommodation not including household items. Some of the employers will give us camp foam (mattress). I don’t know whether they expect us to spread it under the nearest tree and make a hut. Yes, some of the employers provide accommodation but it can only be about 5% of them. I observe that no supervision is carried out when private establishments request for Corp Members, because I have seen Corp Members sent to mushroom firms that cannot even pay their direct employees let alone caring for a Corp Member. Corp Members are being treated unjustly in their PPA’s and when we complain, we are being threatened with a query by the employer or extension of service by our coordinators.
In all these expenses, we are expected to survive with N19,800. We are really suffering, we cannot continue to be quite and die serving a country that does not care for our well-being. All we keep on hearing is “think of what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you” and we forget that when you visit home on three consecutive occasions without biscuits for the children, then count yourself as an unwanted visitor.
Any Corp Member that do not have “GARRI” in the cupboard is seriously joking, because sometimes it will become doctor’s prescription which you have to drink three times a day for survival. We are also expected to report at our PPA’s four times a week and to embark on Community Development Service (CDS) once every week on an empty stomach. There are so many things to talk about but just calculate the expenses I just outlined at an average rate, then you will discover that N19,800 for 12 months is not appreciable. Our predecessors complained when things are not as bad as it is now, so imagine what we are going through.
Days has gone when Corp Members were respected and given most things free of charge. Nowadays, we do not identify ourselves as Corp Members in the marketplace or bus stops. Just make a mistake and go to the market with your face cap, you will buy a pepper of N50 at the rate of N200 all in the name of N19, 800 and we are also expected to save for the future. I could love to continue but for the seek of my readers, let me drop my pen.
All the constituted authorities should please do something towards the increment of the monthly peanut. Because if you call it “A Salary”, you are wrong. If you call it “An Allowance”, you are very wrong.
My regards.
Please share on all social media sites until it gets to those in authority.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by shollay09(m): 12:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mikkyjay17:

Paiko Camp:
platoon 8 try small o pass platoon 6 for stream I.
Though, Platoon 6 took the first position in football, Platoon 8, won Mr Macho, Platoon 4 won Miss camp, and Bold and Beauty, Platoon 2 Won Miss Nysc(can't recall well sha) and Platoon 10 carry first position in the rest of the competitions.
Platoon 1, we no see their face at all. losers them be.
chuckles!
don't worry.... my platoon members will win all d awards this time around.. we are like d perfect team

also which place is OK for ppa...studied Industrial chemistry
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by simplibaba(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
Phunkyposh:

definitely Untrue ...... i am an example

Smile.....
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by simplibaba(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Phunkyposh:

definitely Untrue ...... i am an example

Of ?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by callmemercy(f): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
paris123:

It isn't so bad after all
lol... thank God. all the best, dear
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Aliyu333: 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mikkyjay17:

Go ahead and is never too late.
Just meet whosoever in charge of the unit or any of their member to show you.

I think it should be on an open offer for anyone who has interest in any of the unit to join.
Another thing of this unit is that, most times it saves from parade stress which many would loved to have.

My room was aslo in between that side as well.

Goodluck bro. And should in case you desire a better place for your posting, just #5000. You can get it down, the reason is most towns in Niger State are not developed.
Sorry If you will misread into this effort. Your last paragraph contains a honest and innocent tautology we most often make - "Should in case". It's wrong to use both when writing or speaking, so you either say " And should you desire a better place" or " And in case you desire a better place", but never both. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Odoogu(m): 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
pls for as many or few of us wey dey obubra camp(CR)... IDENTIFY YA SELF!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by paris123(f): 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2017
callmemercy:

lol... thank God. all the best, dear

Thanks and you too.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by sonymax16(m): 4:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
joshuachuks93:
Corper wee oo......

Lectures haf commenced...pple fainting during parade, some running to the clinic to tke shield in other to avoid parade....well camp food has been hmmmm let me say 60% but the Akara is 80% dem try for that area........Welcome party is tonight and platoon competitions its next week. Hope my platoon will win coz my participation is zero.....Boys dey show dem selves for my hostel o especially the yoruba's, dey are jst too noisy and full of demselves...(waiting for rxns).

Access bank no has been sent to most us over here, waiting patiently for allawee...becos if allawee no dey yawa go dey.

#Bauchi kofa...platoon5
My brother, for my own hostel, na yoruba boys full there.. .. .. Dem sabi make noise ehh sotey one hausa soldier threatened us say if he hear noise again from our hostel, na parade ground we go sleep.
#ondo kofa... Platoon 10
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ufondunenye(f): 5:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
Is it true that Kogi state governor paid coppers 10k foor their bicycle allawance??
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by joshuachuks93(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
Welcome party haf started.....i no go o...

#Bauchi Camp
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by chiefojiji(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
ufondunenye:
Is it true that Kogi state governor paid coppers 10k foor their bicycle allawance??

10k?

new buyciku is not even 10k, I mean nigeria used oooooooooo.....

u go see am for 1500 worst worst
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by simababe(f): 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
Jummyife:
I was posted to Lagos but due to am pregnant I did not stay in camp,am through with my registration and have summited my file buh d platoon inspector said d kits is nt ready,I don't knw how to get d information if is ready.pls corpers dat re in camp pls update those re nt in camp.......platoon 3.thanx

I went today and they brought new set of kits today. It was distributed around 2pm and the assistant platoon inspector told us that we can start bringing letters if we av a PPA we would want them to post us too. #platoon 10
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by mistayeancah(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
Bayelsa peeps where una dey na.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by segunk1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
joshuachuks93:
Corper wee oo......

#Bauchi kofa...platoon5

This access bank thing ehn, I hope dey won't come with their bvn wahala dis year.

And what if you have an account with them alread can some one just give them in camp
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by chiefojiji(m): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
please and please when this Yeye welcome party wan end??9
I don't know when dem dey force person go night club!

#redeyes

cc: sheboss
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by segunk1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
toogbasky:

I am working wit access bank currently on part- tym, go open dat account fast fast, request 4 ATM, if u hope to see alawi, access bank has alliance wit federal government for d 2016 youth corp

Alliance with FG for 2016 corpers alone 2017 nko
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by segunk1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
chiefojiji:

#redeyes

No go sleep for your hostel, stay dere and be asking yeh-yeh quenchion.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by segunk1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
Chriswazo:

U didn't answer my questions o.

Shebi
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Mikkyjay17(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
Aliyu333:
Sorry If you will misread into this effort. Your last paragraph contains a honest and innocent tautology we most often make - "Should in case". It's wrong to use both when writing or speaking, so you either say " And should you desire a better place" or " And in case you desire a better place", but never both. Thanks

Thanks.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Mikkyjay17(m): 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
shollay09:
don't worry.... my platoon members will win all d awards this time around.. we are like d perfect team

also which place is OK for ppa...studied Industrial chemistry

Bros I doubt it if you will get a better place as your PPA using your course of studied as a measure. some of the Corp members that studied similar course with yours found themselves in school.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ufondunenye(f): 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
chiefojiji:

10k?

new buyciku is not even 10k, I mean nigeria used oooooooooo.....

u go see am for 1500 worst worst
Hehehhehe,my dear no mind me,na one girl 4 my platoon just dey drag the news with me here.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by izzybella007(f): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
Any platoon 1 lagos corper here?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by joshuachuks93(m): 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
segunk1:

This access bank thing ehn, I hope dey won't come with their bvn wahala dis year.

And what if you have an account with them alread can some one just give them in camp
Some one who already had an account with them said she was told to just write her account no on top of the form she filled.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by joshuachuks93(m): 11:28pm On Jan 28, 2017
chiefojiji:

#redeyes

Hey hey......dem dey force una......no be force for here o na if u lyk...i dey hostel dey rest joor.
Well i have made my observation the soldiers over here in my camp are rrally friendly...especially my platoon commandant he is so so friendly. #NoStressAtAll
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2017
joshuachuks93:
Some one who already had an account with them said she was told to just write her account no on top of the form she filled.
really, I think you need to open a fresh account with them cc segunk1
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by joshuachuks93(m): 11:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
Are you happy? no option sir!
Who go tire? na u go tire sir!
If corper marry corper dem go born........if soldier marry corper them go born?........
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Chriswazo(m): 12:28am On Jan 29, 2017
segunk1:

Shebi
No mind d guy, he only wan tell me say he be Access bank staff.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Chriswazo(m): 12:29am On Jan 29, 2017
segunk1:

Shebi
No mind d guy, he only wan tell me say he be Access bank staff.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by carik(m): 3:11am On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=callmemercy post=53101975]
obviously it did hold.... where did u get posted to? [/quote
I got gombe state and you?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by carexy(f): 5:21am On Jan 29, 2017
Corpers wee wa wa .....
Gudmorin to u all dis morning..
I rep Rivers state corper platoon one d winning platoon. Dnt even no were to start from the Tori plenty.
Ok last Friday my platoon(one) cooked in d kitchen and it was fun.. infact I must confess d level of hygiene in the kitchen is superb and I enjoy every bit of working in d kitchen and again the taste of their meals are still ok.
Also that same day my platoon presented a meditation in d Morin on patriotism and according to what I heard(cos I was in d kitchen) there did well thumbs up to platoon one..
Meanwhile platoon two coked yesterday and d their night meal arrived very late corpers were so sad and there went to Mami to eat like I did a plate of food is (#300) that same yesterday their was a football match between d soldiers and female corpers d game was jus fun altru and guess what the female's won because they were using their hands to carry d ball, run to d post and throw it inside the net very funny though.
Hmmmm talking about the drills I never knew squatting dey pain leg o after squatting for 10mins I couldn't even stand upright immediately come c d way babes jus dey fake fainting jus to escape drills dat one dey sha. Yesterday was also welcome back party corpers tot lights out would b by 12am because of d party but d soldiers burst their bubbles and light out was d usual 10pm d soldiers reminded dem dis was a camp Nd not d university.
And lastly to end dis long note, I don't participate in d early morning manowar drills because I joined band I play (cymbals) I jus love the band and our trainers are wonderful people. Although I would have loved to go Nd sing (I do like dis...... I do like dis.... I balance well). But I can't serve two masters. So until later in d day while I bring today's update although it's Sunday and I pray for the Best. Remain blessed and happy Sunday. Thank God no parade today.!!!!

......…………..…………

He b like say I go go join all those obs wey corpers were b make I dey sit down for pavilion morning or any parade dem jus sit down dey watch us serve drills under d sun and in d rain. It is well o.God dey sha.

LegendaryArnold
segunk1
Fabulocity,
dream2,
sharliz,
twixted,
chiefojiji,
haychay,
aBbile25,
phate007,
joshuachuks93,
Sonymax16,
, et al

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) ... (2142) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House / Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.