Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets (3486 Views)

Governor Fayose And Osinbajo Laughing In Abuja (Photos) / Halliburton: Fayose Challenges Aisha Buhari To Travel To US To Prove Innocence / Fayose Challenges Buhari To Try Yobe INEC REC Over Alleged N15m Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by grbgrb4(m): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Following rumours of deep-rooted
rifts between them, Governor Ayodele
Fayose has revealed that he holds no
personal grudges against former
president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun
Obasanjo. The Ekiti state governor explained that
whatsoever friction tends to exist,
only stems from having different
points of view on diverse issues. Governor Fayose has asked Chief
Olusegun Obasanjo to declare his
assests. According to Fayose, he only says
things as he sees them and that
sometimes may not go down well in
certain quarters. In enunciating further the alleged
tussle between himself and OBJ,
Fayose said he holds nothing against
the former General over his reported
role in his (Fayose’s) 2006
impeachment. He said: “The military in Nigeria should
subject themselves to democratic
rules. When Obasanjo was there he
was behaving the same way Buhari is
behaving today. It was under
Obasanjo that the EFCC would lock people up because the president has
power to order arrest, because the
president appoints the IGP, the DG of
SSS and others. He has power of
coercion. The fact remains that the
constitution allows me the right even in the face of accusation to enjoy my
liberty. Obasanjo is not a democrat.
Today, former Governor (Bola) Tinubu
of Lagos would recall what Obasanjo
did. It doesn’t matter what our political
alignments are today, history cannot be taken away. So my position has not
changed and it will never change.” READ ALSO: Biafra Agitation: Group attacks Obasanjo over utterance According to Premium Times, Fayose
further noted that: “When Obasanjo
was there for eight years, Buhari didn’t
go there? Everyday Obasanjo goes to
kiss the ground in Aso Rock. Everyday
Obasanjo has something to go and tell him there. There are some places
elders would have a bit of shame. “They would know that sometimes we
should not go to this place. Even if you
look at the pictures taken of his visit
you see him bending down. When he
was in government he was busy
abusing this Buhari. Obasanjo was busy insulting Awolowo. One of the
things Obasanjo wants to lay claim to
in life is that he is the longest serving
Nigerian president. When you add his
military rule to his civilian regime, you
understand. “So, Obasanjo doesn’t like anybody to
excel or exceed his record. That’s the
truth. Obasanjo, who now seems to be
the father of gangsterism or whatever
he seems to be today, is the same man
that we used to talk about every other day. Today he is there. The most
painful aspect of it is for Obasanjo to
be coming out and be claiming he is a
very honest man. Where did he get the
money that was given to the National
Assembly that time? Where did he get the money? Each senator and member
of the House of Representatives
collected N50 million each. How about
that $2billion Halliburton money? They
jailed some people in America because
of Halliburton. Obasanjo knows everything about Halliburton. Let us
put Halliburton to trial and see what
happens. That is why I told you that
this fight must not be selective. If truly
we want to fight corruption, let us
fight corruption head on. And the fact remains that men will judge, God will
judge again.” While entertaining questions from
newsmen, Fayose vehemently said
that past presidents must be probed,
demanding that Obasanjo must
declare his assets from before he came
in 1999 till his 2007 declaration. He said: “Who is fooling who? Buhari now declared mud house and herds
of cattle. When he is going now he will
go and build one house in Daura with
salary. That time the mud house will
now become ancient mud houses. The
cattle will now become limo Mercedes bullet proof. I beg my brother! Those
people who are stealing cow, should
stop fighting people stealing rats.” In his interview, Fayose also revealed
that making Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,
the Peoples Democratic Party’s flag
bearer in the 2016 general elections,
was a terrible move by the the PDP. He said it was a gross political
miscalculation. According to him: “The
fact is that my former president, I
chose my word, my former president,
Goodluck Jonathan, tried his best. But
if I were him, I would not have contested at all, you understand.
Because it is two ways: if he did not
contest and the PDP lost out, he will
still be an honourable man, and if he
had given that opportunity to the
north, those who defected from the PDP would not have defected. But that
is story. “Jonathan did his best and I will still
continue to support him. You know I
was not there when they took the
decision about him becoming the flag-
bearer, but it doesn’t matter. We can’t
all put our mouth inside the soil. Somebody must remain with
somebody. I will remain with Jonathan
even if I am the only man standing. A
man is not measured by the amount of
food you have and the amount of
properties you own. Sometimes sickness is good, it reshapes your life.
Sometimes poverty is good, it helps
your life. Sometimes failure makes you
to reorder your life. It is not the end of
your life.” The Ekiti state governor, however, was
optimistic that the PDP will get
stronger, though the party is
undergoing a deliberate effort to
destabilize the opposition by the APC While speaking on the challenges
besetting Ekiti state, Fayose who said
he had no interest in being the
president of Nigeria, noted that his
government will not cut down its
workforce nor make any reduction in the payment of workers. “I can’t cut anybody’s job. Me, Ayo
Fayose, I can’t sack any worker.
Immediately they started the story of
retrenchment, I told them count me
out. You see, when you are owing me
as a worker, it is different from taking my means of livelihood. When you are
owing the worker at the bad times, he
will have the hope that when money
comes he would be paid. But if you
had sacked him, you have killed him,
you have taken away his life. “I won’t cut anything. I will continue
to dialogue with them. You see, you
can’t make decisions for the people
alone. This governance we are talking
about, government is not the only
factor. There are other variables. When things are not going the way you
expect, you must engage the people,”
Fayose notedhttps://www.naij.com/721890-shocking-fayose-speaks-tough-relationship-obj-reveals-pdp-secrets.html.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by micfoley: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
See ranting

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by johnmartus(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
this guy no get respect and sense at all is obj is your mate?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by ponkitibobo: 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
We pray for you. At least somebody must speak out. We need mad dogs at home to keep other mad dogs at bay. OBJ is too hypocritical...abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by ellechrystal(f): 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
johnmartus:
keep shut, mate indeed, the obj man should respect his age, respect is reciprocal.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Iroh88(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Almost two years and all this man has achieved is cursing Buhari, cursing Obj, grinding pepper and crayfish in the market, cutting ponmo and ice fish, and dancing to traditional music.

#It is well with Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Hitback2back: 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
The Man Gov. Ayodele Fayose is a BRAND of his own. He's not dancing to anyone music. He's original and straight forward. People might not all like him because he speaks his mind but I need more people like him as leaders in this country.
Chief OBJ once said that Hon. Ameachi has k-leg, later when Hon. Ameachi and GEJ started having issues and Chief OBJ needed more support on his side he visited Rivers state and said that Hon. Ameachi has straighten that k-leg. That was when I deleted Chief OBJ in among the list of people that are straight forward in life.
Chief OBJ is a good man but he's too cunning. If you have dull brain Chief OBJ will manipulate you. This is just the truth.if
Gov. Ayo Fayose is truthful any day anytime. I love you the people governor

9 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Agwoden(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
johnmartus:
Aisha ricetivist.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by suxkill: 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Fayose,the slayer of APC!

the mod that ban me, because of a(she)zombie who insulted me first,God will visit you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by SurefireAsoOke: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Following...............
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Aromas: 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dis man has no iota of sense grin Don't lose your morals trying to make someone jealous.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by dexpee4life(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Aromas:
Dis man has no iota of sense grin Don't lose your morals trying to make someone jealous.
Is it because he is saying the truth? Go bury your head and OBJ's head in Daura

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by johnmartus(m): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
ellechrystal:

keep shut, mate indeed, the obj man should respect his age, respect is reciprocal.
look at this beast at least you should have make me compare your boyfriend.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by johnmartus(m): 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Agwoden:
Aisha ricetivist.
kids everywhere shame.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Yello1(m): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wen one speaks his mind peopl complain and call him mad ranting names,when he keeps quiet,dey call him dull,mumu,sugomu etc. We Nigerians are difficult to satisfy.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by ellechrystal(f): 12:06am On Feb 09, 2016
johnmartus:
Hello drug addict, ve u had ur meds? Cos its obvious u can't see clearly, u can't recognise the beast here. U r such a child n a silly one at that. Who is a beast? Obj or u? Cos the man looks more like one, n u too look like an uglier beast. Wetin concern my boyfriend with fayose talk? I hate to be petty, people like u need to be dealt with once in a while. U r such a toddler, r u done with ur carryovers? Please next tym u ve to say a thing or abuse a person, b constructive n stop sounding like u lost ur MEDS
Truckpusher , gardian09, agabai23 come see bushmeat,

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Mrbigman1(m): 1:34am On Feb 09, 2016
Obj corrupt practices built a sky scrapper yet the west worship him as a god.

When obj came out from prison, it was alleged he had 19k in his account.

Now he owns d largest farm, wia d money come from? Operation feed d nation money, u divert am not only to ur village, u made it a private business.

Dis is one of dem all.

Yet, dey re chasing GEJ like his an Ebola patient.

It's just like a elder brother who stole money from mumy's purse, yet he's punishing the younger one for stealing meat from d pot.

Dis thing called Nigeria is so useless

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Lanretoye(m): 1:45am On Feb 09, 2016
Oga fayose,no rush atall,ur tempo go soon reduce.
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by ibisko04: 2:05am On Feb 09, 2016
Fayose, koju si ise Ti awon Ekiti gbe le e lowo.
Governing Ekiti people is what you are elected to do, face your work and leave Obasanjo to face his own life.
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by tomakint: 2:17am On Feb 09, 2016
johnmartus:
Is Fayose your mate? How dare you.....you can't even pick the senses he made but busy fighting the truth......hmmnnnn

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by agabaI23(m): 4:02am On Feb 09, 2016
ellechrystal:

I don't know what Aisha put in the rice she gave them but I know that whatever it is, it is very potent..

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by agabaI23(m): 4:06am On Feb 09, 2016
johnmartus:
Beast ? Where did you derive that from? From her looks or from her what? Bitterness is an idiot. It shall not prevail over you.
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Pavarottii(m): 4:19am On Feb 09, 2016
God protect you Fayose, 4saying the truth.

Obj is the most corrupt Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by kolnel: 4:32am On Feb 09, 2016
The rantings of a rabid dog
Fayose should just let baba be
He better concentrate on giving ekiti good dividends, he has enough on his hands to keep him occupied
As for baba, posterity will judge him
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by fabre4: 4:39am On Feb 09, 2016
After reading this post I weep for Nigerian youths, you guys hate the truth so much that you can't even think with your sense anymore all I know is one day in this country good must triumph over evil

Thumbs up fayose !!!
mouthpiece of truth
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 09, 2016
Agwoden:

Aisha ricetivist.

grin grin grin
This name abi tag suppose dey for Wikipedia!

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 09, 2016
” While entertaining questions from newsmen, Fayose vehemently said that past presidents must be probed,demanding that Obasanjo must declare his assets from before he camein 1999 till his 2007 declaration.

He said: “Who is fooling who? Buhari now declared mud house and herds of cattle. When he is going now he wil lgo and build one house in Daura with salary.

That time the mud house willnow become ancient mud houses. The cattle will now become limo Mercedes bullet proof.

I beg my brother! Those people who are stealing cow, should stop fighting people stealing rats.”
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by espn(m): 6:40am On Feb 09, 2016
This man speaks like a kid..his words doesn't show any sign of maturity or leader..at least ben bruce do criticise GOVT and he makes sense sometimes.. is dis a governor of a state?
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by ellechrystal(f): 8:28am On Feb 09, 2016
agabaI23:
I don't know what Aisha put in the rice he gave them but I know that whatever it is, it is very potent..
Na even shit them give am chop n ei dey do like this, wat if he was given food? Wetin he go do?
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by agabaI23(m): 8:29am On Feb 09, 2016
ellechrystal:

Na even shit them give am chop n ei dey do like this, wat if he was given food? Wetin he go do?
lol, cool temper sweetie
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by ellechrystal(f): 8:30am On Feb 09, 2016
agabaI23:
Beast ? Where did you derive that from? From her looks or from her what? Bitterness is an idiot. It shall not prevail over you.
Lol, no be small idiot o. Smh, some people sha, they need the lord
Re: Governor Fayose Challenges OBJ, Reveals Political Secrets by ellechrystal(f): 8:31am On Feb 09, 2016
agabaI23:
lol, cool temper sweetie
Lol, I can't get hot temper over this one na. This guy too easy

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Waiting To See If Our First Daughter"Zarah Buhari Will Go For NYSC Service / Hello Progressives.. / President Buhari To Embark On A 20-day Vacation Trip To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.