Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses (623 Views)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Bishop David Abioye Preaching In Nasarawa State / Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses by naijabetboy: 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
This is not to attack any religion or practice but to look at things from a logical perspective.

I personally find it very annoying when I'm on my way to work very early in the morning and someone start preaching loudly in the bus... I mean, not to be rude, let's look at this scenario :

The previous day, after all the stress of work, you get to spend like 2 to 3 hours on 3rd mainland traffic, getting home around 10 or 11 totally exhausted. You could barely remove your clothes before hitting the bed, yet you have to wake up 4:00 am to start preparing for work again. You join a bus to Obalende hoping to catch maybe 45 mins to 1 hr sleep. Just as u want to close your eyes... You hear a very loud Praise the Lord beside you... I think the preaching will not be pleasant enough to your ears.

I mean, besides wanting to sleep, a lot of people have different things going on on their minds at that point, for some, it's planning the day in their head, some thinking about how to resolve some family or work related issues and for some, something entirely different. I personally think it's toture to be forced to listen to preaching at that time.

I'm not saying we shouldn't serve God or spread the Gospel, but please, I think early morning bus preaching is just not cool.... I rest my case

1 Like

Re: How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses by kilokeys(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
One guy nearly burst my eardrums.

Just get earplugs.

Is it unbiblical to talk about other stuff like hope, joy, peace, contentment or general word of encouragement..

Must it always be about earrings, hell, condemnation?
Re: How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses by naijabetboy: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
kilokeys:
One guy nearly burst my eardrums.

Just get earplugs.

Is it unbiblical to talk about other stuff like hope, joy, peace, contentment or general word of encouragement..

Must it always be about earrings, hell, condemnation?

Abi... Maybe if the topics were about those subjects you mentioned it would have been nice.... Na so so fire dem go dey preach early mom... Not a good way to start a day
Re: How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses by espn(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bros..naa d spit tire me pass oo..after u don hustle bath for morning!
Re: How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
A country of the RELIGIOUSLY HYPOCRITE. If only with some SINCERITY. Will Nigeria be a country of the CORRUPT to the extent that your president will open his mouth and tell the whole world that his own country people are CRIMINALS.

Preaching every where even in the bus. Such preachers hoping to become Billionaires when they also become CELEBRITY PASTORS. Tell me, how many C.E.Os own their own JETS, privately. HOW MANY PASTORS DO?...................AND WHAT IS THE TEACHING OF CHRIST?

Will the rich man eventually enter the eyes of the needle and thats why these pastors are accumulating all these VANITIES.

A COUNTRY OF DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO.

I for one will NEVER follow a RELIGIOUS MEN that use only their MOUTH to work.

IT IS IN THIS COUNTRY THAT A PASTOR WHO TODAY HAS BECOME LIKE A god TOLD HIS MEMBERS THAT WATCHING TV IS A SIN, WEARING SUIT IS A SIN,...................WEARING EAR RING IS A SIN.

But today its not the same..........HE IS THE ONE WEARING ALL THE BIG SUIT AND HE DOES HIS PREACHING ON CAMERA TO BE WATCHED ON TV EVERY WHERE.

No wonder the Bible uses the word 'SHEEP'. A SHEEP GOT NO BRAIN.

Its all 419. NIGERIA can never develop by being RELIGIOUSLY HYPOCRITE.

Will tell the preacher on the bus to SHUT THE Bleep UP.
2Faced Mother FUCKER!!!
Re: How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses by naijabetboy: 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
WORDWORLD:
A country of the RELIGIOUSLY HYPOCRITE. If only with some SINCERITY. Will Nigeria be a country of the CORRUPT to the extent that your president will open his mouth and tell the whole world that his own country people are CRIMINALS.

Preaching every where even in the bus. Such preachers hoping to become Billionaires when they also become CELEBRITY PASTORS. Tell me, how many C.E.Os own their own JETS, privately. HOW MANY PASTORS DO?...................AND WHAT IS THE TEACHING OF CHRIST?

Will the rich man eventually enter the eyes of the needle and thats why these pastors are accumulating all these VANITIES.

A COUNTRY OF DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO.

I for one will NEVER follow a RELIGIOUS MEN that use only their MOUTH to work.

IT IS IN THIS COUNTRY THAT A PASTOR WHO TODAY HAS BECOME LIKE A god TOLD HIS MEMBERS THAT WATCHING TV IS A SIN, WEARING SUIT IS A SIN,...................WEARING EAR RING IS A SIN.

But today its not the same..........HE IS THE ONE WEARING ALL THE BIG SUIT AND HE DOES HIS PREACHING ON CAMERA TO BE WATCHED ON TV EVERY WHERE.

No wonder the Bible uses the word 'SHEEP'. A SHEEP GOT NO BRAIN.

Its all 419. NIGERIA can never develop by being RELIGIOUSLY HYPOCRITE.

Will tell the preacher on the bus to SHUT THE Bleep UP.
2Faced Mother FUCKER!!!

Bro, many of d things u said are true... But I have to say... U DEY VEX OOO
Re: How Reasonable Is Early Morning Preaching In Buses by luciouscookie: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Pastors Don't Like Quoting The Book Of Songs Of Solomon? / Messages About Etiquettes Of Islamic Marriages - Complete Quotations From Qur'an / Is God Afraid Of Competition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.