Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Samsung Hints At Smartwatch That Scans Veins To Verify Identity - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Hints At Smartwatch That Scans Veins To Verify Identity (482 Views)

Check Out This Smartwatch That Is Powered By Your Body Heat / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Samsung Hints At Smartwatch That Scans Veins To Verify Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Hints At Smartwatch That Scans Veins To Verify Identity by gustav25: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Until now, we have seen several ways tech companies have made their smart devices capable of recognising users, from face recognition, fingerprint sensors, voice recognition, and even iris scanners. Now a newly published patent suggests Samsung to go even deeper inside a human body for recognition. The patent hints towards a future smartwatch that could use our veins for identity verification.

wearable device comprising: a sensor configured to capture a vein image of a user; and a processor configured to: in response to a function or an application being selected by the user, control the sensor to capture the vein image of the user wearing the wearable device; identify the user by comparing the captured vein image with at least one registered vein image; and in response to determining that the identified user has an execution authority for the selected function or application, execute the function or the application," says the patent, which was filed in July last year.
If its my people they will shout ends time

Visit http://ogatech..com regularly for tech news first hand

Re: Samsung Hints At Smartwatch That Scans Veins To Verify Identity by immortalcrown(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
I may not buy or wear this watch but Samsung has remained my number one in every line of business that has its participation.
Re: Samsung Hints At Smartwatch That Scans Veins To Verify Identity by Vision4God: 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Samsung at it again

(1) (Reply)

Who Has A Good Android Phone For Sale In Port Harcourt? / Injoo Is2 Battery Enquiry / My Universal Modem Won't Browse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.