Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

What Does It Take To Be A Legend Like Nas Is? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Does It Take To Be A Legend Like Nas Is? (2100 Views)

MUSIC : Wizkid Ft. Jay Z – Legend / Nas - "New World".....donald Trump Prediction / Do You Love Nas? Get In Here!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Be A Legend Like Nas Is? by kayo80(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
I heard my first Nas song on radio 20 years ago, and the name of the song is "If I Ruled the World." And for three decades, this man has dazzled in the hip hop world, and till today, he is considered one of the greatest rappers of all time. He isn't too flashy and not the richest, but he is respected all over. If you don't know or like him, then he is probably your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.

Yup! He has inspired rappers like Eminem, Fabolous, Kanye West, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, and a host of other rappers. He even had 2 scholars (Michael Eric Dyson and Sohail Daulatzai) come together to write a book about his rap skills titled "Born to Use Mics." He dropped out of high school, yet the prestigious Harvard University awarded him the W.E.B Du Bois Medal...the first and only rapper to get that honor. He was given this award for his contribution to culture, human rights, and the arts central to the African and African-American community.

I am not a rapper, but I am also into the arts. I am a romance novelist, and I would one day want to be a legend like this man. So, I ask, what does it take to be a legend like Nas is?

Re: What Does It Take To Be A Legend Like Nas Is? by ajokebelle(f): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Every one has a different path to life, just that some are unique like me!!!!!
Re: What Does It Take To Be A Legend Like Nas Is? by WPBandit(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
As someone who rates music, I am very familiar of Nas and his career. What made Nas great is his ability to inspire, and not be influenced by what people are doing in the hip hop game. This is why Kendrick Lamar respects him so much, and has seen some success following that same method. In the same sense, he does have some radio friendly and club hits on his resume, but anything he's done, he's always done it his way.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Be A Legend Like Nas Is? by kayo80(m): 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
WPBandit:
As someone who rates music, I am very familiar of Nas and his career. What made Nas great is his ability to inspire, and not be influenced by what people are doing in the hip hop game. This is why Kendrick Lamar respects him so much, and has seen some success following that same method. In the same sense, he does have some radio friendly and club hits on his resume, but anything he's done, he's always done it his way.

True...very true.

(1) (Reply)

Download Mp3: Runtown – For Life (hottest Song Of The Year So Far) / Music: Tekno – Go [download] / Download Video: Iyanya – Le Kwa Ukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.