Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . (1441 Views)

Original Map Of Africa In 1827 Before Europeans Arrived- Biafra In The Map / Map Of Africa Before Colonization / Africa's Name Before Europeans Renamed It Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by freed(m): 1:33am On Jul 04, 2009
http://maps.lib.msu.edu/mapscan/AfJPEGs/30_g1019m67_1867_l.jpg

the yorubas had their own kingdom, the same for the igbos, hausas and so on
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by strangleyo: 2:46am On Jul 04, 2009
Its truly beautiful. If Africa was not colonized there would have been perhaps 5 or 6 nations on the continent today. 5 or 6 far stronger nations.

And these fools argue daily over Biafra this, Arawa that!

1naija, (from a Biafran)
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by Ezeagu2: 2:50am On Jul 04, 2009
strangleyo:

Its truly beautiful. If Africa was not colonized there would have been perhaps 5 or 6 nations on the continent today. 5 or 6 far stronger nations.

And these fools argue daily over Biafra this, Arawa that!

1naija, (from a Biafran)

Rubbish, which nations? This is a European map sectioning off where to get different slaves
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by bombay: 2:50am On Jul 04, 2009
Let us plan to colonise Britain  cool me am doing my own part of colonizing.
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by Ezeagu2: 2:53am On Jul 04, 2009
bombay:

Let us plan to colonise Britain  cool me am doing my own part of colonizing.

Yoruba done full Britain, over 2 million, that is 'New Yorubaland' or 'New Ibadan'. grin
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:16am On Jul 04, 2009
Ezeágu:

Rubbish, which nations? This is a European map sectioning off where to get different slaves

gbam well done
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by bawomolo(m): 3:25am On Jul 04, 2009
the term yoruba didn't exist before the europeans came.
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by oyinda3(f): 3:40am On Jul 04, 2009
i'm sure it did. i don't think the europeans made up the word yoruba. lol
I read somewhere that it is a corruption of another word the hausa referred to us as.
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:43am On Jul 04, 2009
oyinda.:

I read somewhere that it is a corruption of another word the hausa referred to us as.

the girl knows her stuff wink
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by udezue(m): 4:06am On Jul 04, 2009
Nonsense map
I've seen da real 1 b4
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by oyinda3(f): 4:12am On Jul 04, 2009
lol
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by Beaf: 4:55am On Jul 04, 2009
How can a map showing countries like Liberia, Orange. . . be "before Europeans"? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:28am On Jul 04, 2009
Senegambia, Sierra Leone as well,
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by Ezeagu2: 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2009
grin If his was "before European" you would be seeing places like Mali, Songhay, Oyo Nri, etc. So there were more states before Europeans than now.
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by Kenezi: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2009
That map is not accurate in the slightest.
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by tpiah: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2009
bawomolo:

the term yoruba didn't exist before the europeans came.

oyinda.:

you're both partly right and partly wrong.

Yoruba was a term but not as widespread as it is today. People identified themsleves by their villages, not by their language and culture.

The slave trade vis a vis its abolition was a major or primary factor that united the Yoruba (after the wars of course).
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by tpiah: 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2009
poster

Liberia and Sierra Leone did not precede the Europeans who created both countries.

and wetin concern you with Yoruba, freed?  This is the same thing that happened before oh.  All the scatterbrains scattering themselves.

Really, I dont understand why people will say they want autonomy, then turn around and try to rope others in their personal issues. What you need to do is have a role call- all who want to join you say aye and leave. Give them landed property on your side and live happily ever after.

Everybody thinks they're a leader messiah.
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by bawomolo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2009
udezue:

Nonsense map
I've seen da real 1 b4

it's a pretty idealistic map considering the empire shuffling that was present in Africa and even europe at the time.

they were city states and didn't come under one "yoruba" kindgom.  similar to sparta and athens before they became greece.  The yoruba kingdom is an European invention. is your full name oyindamola?
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by oyinda3(f): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2009
bawomolo:

it's a pretty idealistic map considering the empire shuffling that was present in Africa and even europe at the time.

they were city states and didn't come under one "yoruba" kindgom.  similar to sparta and athens before they became greece.  The yoruba kingdom is an European invention. is your full name oyindamola?

i didn't say it was under one kingdom. of course it wasn't. lol
u were talking about the term (that's what i read in ur post) and I don't even think most europeans saw yoruba as a kingdom. lol (the places on the map are not necessarily referring to kingdoms)
srry if i read ur post differently.

no dats not my full name but i'm yoruba. is ur full name bamowolo
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by bawomolo(m): 3:05am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

i didn't say it was under one kingdom. of course it wasn't. lol
u were talking about the term (that's what i read in ur post) and I don't even think most europeans saw yoruba as a kingdom. lol (the places on the map are not necessarily referring to kingdoms)
srry if i read ur post differently.

no dats not my full name but i'm yoruba. is ur full name bamowolo

oh i get what you are saying now.

bawomolo just joins the first letter of my first name and then my last name
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by oyinda3(f): 3:41am On Jul 05, 2009
that's a very funny name amowolo. i mean awomolo
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by bawomolo(m): 3:56am On Jul 05, 2009
chei see as this girl use my name do yeye grin
Re: Map Of Africa Before Europeans. . . . by oyinda3(f): 5:27am On Jul 05, 2009
lol. just never heard that name b4. what state r u from

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State, Super Den Of Ritualists / Attorney General Goofs In Court / Abdulmutallab: Nigerians In Uk Live In Panic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.