Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) (2838 Views)

Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians / Delta Pastor Heals Lady Whose Period Stopped At Age Of 18, Sister Runs Mad / Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by impossible27(m): 1:08am On Feb 09, 2016
A scholar Ayatollah montazelli, and an ex muslim Ali sina debates on a question which says Muhammad married Ayesha when she was 6-years old and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9-years-old. How could a 54 year-old man, calling himself the messenger God and the example to follow have sexual feelings for a 9-year-old girl?

1- Ayatollah Montazeri

In those days the tradition of Marriage was based on tribal customs and rituals. The objective of marriage was mainly to foster friendship with the father of the bride and therefore the marriage of the Prophet with Ayesha was a political move.

Sina.

This is not a good excuse to marry an underage child. I am not bothered of the marriage of the prophet with a daughter of Abu Bakr, but the fact that Ayesha was a child. It is not proper for a messenger of God to have sexual feelings for a little girl and it is unconscionable to act on them. In this day and age if a 54-year-old man has an intercourse with a 9-year-old girl he will be jailed and prosecuted as a pedophile. Why should the Prophet be forgiven?

2. Ayatollah Montazeri.

The Prophet at the age of 25 married Khadijah, a woman who was 40-years-old and did not marry with another woman as long as she was alive. If the Prophet was a lustful man, he would not have married with an older woman and stay faithful to her all her life.

Sina:

Khadijah was a wealthy woman and the Prophet was a poor employee of her. Marrying a wealthy woman for him was climbing the ladder of social status. Being a poor young man, no one paid attention to him. Kadijah was to him a boon. She gave him the comfort and the ease of mind from financial worries. With a wealthy wife he could afford to retreat to his cave and let his imagination fly – meet Jinns, battle with Satan, converse with Gabriel, and other creatures that haunted his feeble mind.

The fact that Muhammad remained faithful to Khadijah was not due to his chastity or loyalty but because she was a powerful woman and he lived in her house eating her food and depending on her money for. At that time Muhammad had no followers and he would have lost everything had he offended his rich wife. That would have destroyed him completely.

However, he showed his true colors when he came to power and nothing could stop him from doing what he pleased. It was then that he broke all the norms of the decency by the leave of his Allah.

3- Ayatollah Montazeri.

The Prophets intention in marrying numerous old and widowed women, apart from sociopolitical considerations, was to foster their social status. Those were the days when women, especially slave girls, had little or no value and ignorance was such that they used to burry their daughters alive.

Sina.

The Prophet married Khadijah, as I explained above, for her wealth. After her death he married Ayesha who was only 6 years old and due to Abu Bakr’s request he did not consummate his marriage with her for three years. During this time he needed a woman. The non-believers would not marry him. They thought he was a lunatic. Among his handful of followers there were few eligible women with whom he could marry. Sauda was a Muslim woman and a widow. She was ideal under the circumstances. She could warm his bed and take care of his needs. He married her two months after the death of Kahdijah. Khadijah and Sauda were the only wives of the Prophet, with whom he married not for lust but out of necessity.

Hafza, the daughter of Omar also may have not been very beautiful, according to her own father and Muhammad may have married her to please his friend. Imagine being a woman and knowing that your husband has married you not for love but for political reasons.

His other wives were all beautiful young women in their teens. Muhammad married them or simply slept with them without marrying them only because of their looks. Sometimes he had to bend a few rules and make Allah reveal a few verses in order to allow him get what he wanted, as in the case of Zeinab Bent Jahsh, Mariyah and Aisha. None of his wives were suffering from malnutrition or were lonely poor widows prior to marrying him. The stories of Safiyah, Mariyah and Zeinab are love stories, flavored with lust, betrayal and crime.

You also correctly described the deplorable condition of the slave girls in those days, but you forgot to mention that those slave girls were free before the Prophet reduced them into slaves. Are you saying that these women should have been grateful to Muhammad for killing their loved ones and sell them in the markets to a Muslim who would use them as a maid and a sex slave?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by impossible27(m): 1:10am On Feb 09, 2016
4- Ayatollah Montazeri

The marriage of the Prophet with Ayesha took place in the first or second year of the Hijra at the insistence of her father Abu Bakr and some of his friends. The Prophet, for sometimes after the death of Khadijah, remained single. His main objective in accepting this marriage was for political reasons. The reason for this marriage was that the Prophet was under the intense pressure by his enemies like Abu Lahab and Abu Jahl and was completely dependant of the protection of other tribes. Abu Bakr had a lot of tribal influence. And rejecting his offer, in those conditions, for the Prophet was not prudent. In reality this marriage was symbolic and not to satisfy his sexual instinct, because, as a rule a 53-year-old man cannot have sexual feelings for a 9-year-old girl.

Sina

The Prophet did not marry Ayesha at the insistence of her father. There are many Hadiths that show it was the Prophet who desired her and asked Abu Bakr to give him his then 6-year-old daughter for marriage. In fact Abu Bakr was shocked by such a request. He objected that he was a foster brother to Muhammad, but the Prophet dismissed his concern saying that they were not real blood brothers and their oath of brotherhood was of no relevance in this case.

Sahih Bukhari 7.18
Narrated ‘Ursa:
The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for ‘Aisha’s hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said “But I am your brother.” The Prophet said, “You are my brother in Allah’s religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry.”

Arabs were a primitive lot with little rules to abide. Yet they had some code of ethics that they honored scrupulously. For example, although they fought all the year round, they abstained from hostilities during certain holy months of the year. They also considered Mecca to be a holy city and did not make war against it. A foster son’s wife was deemed to be a daughter-in-law and they would not marry her. Also it was costmary that close friends made a pact of brotherhood and considered each other as true brothers. The Prophet disregarded all of these rules anytime they stood between him and his interests or wishes.

Abu Bakr and Muhammad had pledged to each other to be brothers. So according to their custom Aisha was like a niece to Muhammad. But that did not stop him to ask her hand even when she was only six years old.

However, this moral relativist prophet would use the same excuse to reject the daughter of Hamza who was also a foster brother to him because she was not pretty.

Sahih Bukhari V.7, B62, N. 37
Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas:
It was said to the Prophet, “Won’t you marry the daughter of Hamza?” He said, “She is my foster niece (brother’s daughter).”

Hamza was an uncle of Muhammad and in Islam marriage between cousins is permissible. Muhammad’s excuse was that Hamza is his foster brother. In the case of Abu Bakr, that excuse was irrelevant.

In the following Hadith the Prophet confided to Ahesha that he had dreamed of her before asking her hand from her father. Rules were to be bent whenever it suited him and were to be observed whenever they were convenient.

In the following hadith we can see that it was Muhammad who lusted Aisha when she was just a baby or a toddler.

Sahih Bukhari 9.140
Narrated ‘Aisha:
Allah’s Apostle said to me, “You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, ‘Uncover (her),’ and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), ‘If this is from Allah, then it must happen.’ Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), ‘Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), ‘If this is from Allah, then it must happen.’ ”

The excuse that this marriage was for political convenience, although abhorrent on its own merit, can be dismissed easily. Abu Bakr was a good friend of Muhammad. He was one of his staunch followers and his foster brother. They were of the same tribe. Hence there was no need for the Apostle of Allah to sleep with the little daughter of his follower to foster his friendship. The evidence shows that Muhammad took advantage of this man’s devotion and abused the trust that he had in him. He coerced Abu Bakr into handing him his little girl. How could Abu Bakr deny the request of a man whom he believed to be a messenger of God?

Abu Jahl (the Father of Ignorance) was a derogatory nickname that Muhammad gave to Abul Hakam (the Father of Wisdom). It’s difficult to see in what ways sleeping with a 9-year-old girl would have protected Muhammad from him? As you said this marriage took place one or two years after Hijra. His enemies were in Mecca. Even if such a marriage could have protected the Prophet, which is absurd, he was already safe in Medina. This is a moot excuse.

Anyway, the point is not that Muhammad married a daughter of Abu Bakr. The point is that he had sex with a 9-year-old child. If you say it was done to protect himself, then he was an opportunist who raped a little girl to save his own life. Please don’t say it was not rape because a 9-year-old child is not mature enough to consent and if she cannot consent it is rape. Your defense incriminates your defendant even more than my accusations.

You said the marriage was symbolic. How symbolic it could be if Muhammad had sex with Aisha when she, according to her own testimony, was still playing with her toys? He then gave her a different kind of “toy” to play with that SURPRISED that little girl.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 90
Narrated Aisha:
When the Prophet married me, my mother came to me and made me enter the house (of the Prophet) and NOTHING SURPRISED ME BUT THE COMING OF ALLAH’S APOSTLE TO ME IN THE FORENOON.

You wrote, “As a rule a 53-year-old man cannot have sexual feelings for a 9-year-old girl.” That is absolutely true. This is precisely my point. Unfortunately we are not living in a perfect world and there are people who are psychologically disturbed and violate the rules. Even today there are old men who fantasize having sex with small children, keep their photos and exchange them on the Internet. They are known as pedophiles. To protect our children we put them in jail. If the Prophet hadn’t “surprised” that little girl in the same forenoon that her mother took her to his house, I could have accepted that the marriage was “symbolic”, even though its merits are not clear. But when we see that he consummated his marriage with that little girl in the same day, it is hard to see it as “symbolic”; symbolic of what? He set an example for all the pedophiles to rape little girls with impunity. Is this what he wanted to reach mankind?

5- Ayatollah Montazeri.

There is no doubt that the climatic conditions influence the physical and psychological growth of girls and their growth are more accelerated in hot climates.

Sina:

In the previous point you explained that the marriage was symbolic and “as a rule a 53-year-old man cannot have sexual feelings for a 9-year-old girl”. But now you are approaching from a totally different angle.

I am afraid, 9 year-old girls in Arabia are still 9-year-old children. Unless you advance a scientific evolutionary theory that human race has undergone a huge mutation during the last 1400 years and in those days women reached adulthood at the age of 9, the fact remains that Muhammad had sexual feelings for an underage girl and this was wrong. He even acted on that which makes is despicable and criminal.

To be convinced that 9-year-old children were always children, even during the time of the Prophet, all we have to do is look at another hadith narrated by Aisha herself. In the following hadith she is revealing that she was playing on a swing when her mother took her to the Prophet.

Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 41, Number 4915, also Number 4915 and Number 4915
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu’minin:
The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came, according to Bishr’s version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter.

And she used to play with her dolls.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151
Narrated ‘Aisha:
I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah’s Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for ‘Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3327:
‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.

As a rule one would say that if she was still playing with her dolls, she was not mature enough to learn about sex, first hand, from a man who could be her grandfather.
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by impossible27(m): 1:14am On Feb 09, 2016
6- Ayatollah Montazeri.

The difference of age between men, and the women they married, in the primitive societies, was acceptable and customary. Also it was not indecent or lewd for older men to marry very young girls and people of those days did not deem that to be something immoral. Even up to this day, one can find marriages with very young girls among the Arabs. As a rule one should not compare the customs of the primitive and tribal societies with the customs of the modern and advanced societies of today.

Sina

I agree that primitive societies had some customs that are shocking to our modern sensitivity. Primitive people did a lot of things that appall us today. They had human and animal sacrifices; practiced gender discrimination, slavery and many forms of abuses of human rights. I am not condemning primitive societies for they did not know better. I am condemning modern people who follow a man who was a product of his primitive society. I am condemning a man who called himself the Prophet of Allah, the “Mercy of God in the worlds” Rahmatu’llah lil Alamin and the example for all mankind; who instead of setting the example of morality and rectitude followed the customs of his primitive society and thus reaffirmed them and perpetuated them as something to emulate. I am condemning a society that has forgotten its own past splendor and glory and is now trying to copy the customs of a primitive society and wants to establish their primeval precepts by following a man who a product of it.

Yes, we should not compare the customs of primitive and tribal societies with the customs of the modern and advanced societies of today. But why should we emulate them? Why should we follow them? Why should we accept their prophet who was incapable of breaking away from that primitiveness and barbarity?

If Muhammad were a prophet, he would have acted differently. He would have not followed the vices of his primitive society but would have set a new standard. If he followed them why should we following him? Doesn’t this make us the follower of those primitive societies?

On one hand Muslims study Muhammad’s life meticulously, try to imitate him in everything he did. They dress like him, shave like him, walk like him and talk like him, do as he did and live as he lived. They believe he was sent to be the example to all humanity. Yet you say that he did just what the ignorant people of his time used to do and we should forgive his sins because he was just a victim of his circumstances. How pitiful are we who have not seen this yet. Look what has befallen to our mighty nation that has forsaken its own glorious past and instead is blindly following a man who followed the customs of his primitive society. Could we sink deeper than this? Is there any humiliation more denigrating than this?

7- Ayatollah Montazeri

The issues of each time and place must be viewed according to the standards of their own time and place and not according to standards of other times and places. On the other hand we find that the Prophet (pbuh) practically did not confront with many customs of his own time that were not in contrast with the educational and spiritual goals of Islam, but dealt with them gradually and with realism in order to slowly eradicate them.

Sina

I agree that issues should be apprised in the context of to their own time and place. Something that was acceptable 1400 years ago in Arabia may not look that good today. Perhaps we should not judge those people so harshly. But the question is why should we follow them? The solutions that were appropriate then are no more suitable for our time. Why follow a doctrine that has lost its utility and is stuck in history?

Muslims are advised to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet. You say that the Prophet was an Arab, following the traditions of his own people, so what he did was right in that context. But by following him now aren’t we perpetuating those unfit and outdated customs of those Arabs of 1400 years ago?

You affirm that the Prophet did not confront those bad customs that were not in contrast with spiritual and educational goals of Islam. My question is then, what are the spiritual and educational goals of Islam? What is the main goal of Islam anyway? The Muslim’s answer is of course; to recognize that Allah is one and he does not have any partner and that Muhammad is His messenger. This is the main concern of Islam. Moral and ethical issues are secondary. All the sins can be forgiven. Theft, homicide, murder and pedophilia are forgivable, but assigning a partner to Allah is not.

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeedl. (Q.4: 48).

In other words, Saddam Hussein, Idi Amin, Ben Laden, Khalkhali and Khomeini will be forgiven, despite their crimes, because they were Muslims and did not set partners to Allah, but Gandhi who was a Hindu and as Muslims claim believed in a multitudes of deities will be burned for eternity in hell.

This Allah must be sick. He is a lunatic and a very miserable being for wanting so desperately to be known by his creatures and being so jealous. If this is the god of Muhammad he is not worthy of any praise. He should be locked in a mental hospice.

As to those bad habits of the people that the holy Prophet did not confront directly, but tried to deal with them gradually in order to eradicate them, what are they? In our world, pedophilia is a crime. It’s a shame that the Prophet did not consider pedophilia important enough to deal with it immediately because it did not contrast the spiritual goals of Islam. I would have been still happy if at least he had discouraged it. But no, he didn’t. He actually endorsed it by himself setting the example. This is not the way to “eradicate” something. This is the way to confirm it, to perpetuate it and to promote it.

Prior to Islam, we Iranians were a cultured people. We did not have these barbaric customs and traditions. Thanks to Islam these shameful traditions have also crept into our culture and are being practiced in our motherland.

Pedophilia is only one of the gifts of Islam to us. The holy Prophet endorsed many traditions that are equally despicable. Assassination of one’s enemies that is now so customary in our country was also a tradition of the Prophet. He used to send assassins to the houses of his enemies to kill them at night. The “honorable” members of the Islamic Regime of Iran are following that tradition of the messenger of Allah (peace be upon his immaculate soul).
embarassed
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 09, 2016
These are 1880 marriage ages from Christian usa , notice Delaware is 7.

http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/primary-sources/24

1 Like

Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 09, 2016
Fathers can sell their daughters as slave girls to other men in the Bible:

Exodus 21:7-11
7. "If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.
8. "If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He does not have authority to sell her to a foreign people because of his unfairness to her.
9. "If he designates her for his son [Note: "his son" means that the master is either her father's age or even much older!], he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters.
10. "If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights.
11. "If he will not do these three things for her, then she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

First of all, did the daughter have any choice to be sold off by her father, married off by her master to either himself or his son? No!

Also, the fact that the master can either marry her or marry her off to his son, means that MOST LIKELY, SHE IS HIS DAUGHTER'S AGE and younger than his son!! So he's probably at least 30+ years older than her. Yet, he himself (her father's age or even MUCH older) can marry her
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by true2god: 4:56am On Feb 09, 2016
It takes a small portion of insanity to accept mohammed as a prophet.

4 Likes

Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by impossible27(m): 8:33am On Feb 09, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Fathers can sell their daughters as slave girls to other men in the Bible:

Exodus 21:7-11
7. "If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.
8. "If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He does not have authority to sell her to a foreign people because of his unfairness to her.
9. "If he designates her for his son [Note: "his son" means that the master is either her father's age or even much older!], he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters.
10. "If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights.
11. "If he will not do these three things for her, then she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

First of all, did the daughter have any choice to be sold off by her father, married off by her master to either himself or his son? No!

Also, the fact that the master can either marry her or marry her off to his son, means that MOST LIKELY, SHE IS HIS DAUGHTER'S AGE and younger than his son!! So he's probably at least 30+ years older than her. Yet, he himself (her father's age or even MUCH older) can marry her
Am nt against u dat selling off daughters for money was not practice. They practice it all d tym. But for a claimed prophet to hav a sexual feeling 4 a child Wat kind of a man is dat.

This is an information age where such things dose noy sopose happening, but only the Muslims still practice child marrage dis days claiming to be lyk Mohammed....

Note wat u quote is an old testament which d Judaism practice NOT THE CHRISTIANS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by Annunaki(m): 10:58am On Feb 09, 2016
Nice post smiley the way muslims wallow in self delusion to justify the immoral and evil deeds of their fake prophet is really nauseating. angry one thing that is clear from the debate is that mohammed's standards conform to the pathetically low standards of the barbarians of his time. Yet muslims are supposed to. Use this vermin as a mentor, no wonder the muslim world is so depraved and backward today.

3 Likes

Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by Jesuismoi: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2016
impossible27:

Am nt against u dat selling off daughters for money was not practice. They practice it all d tym. But for a claimed prophet to hav a sexual feeling 4 a child Wat kind of a man is dat.

This is an information age where such things dose noy sopose happening, but only the Muslims still practice child marrage dis days claiming to be lyk Mohammed....

Note wat u quote is an old testament which d Judaism practice NOT THE CHRISTIANS.

I tire oo. Just image how she looks like in her grandfathers (Muhammad's) lap. A man they married her to. shocked

Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by Jesuismoi: 7:29am On Feb 12, 2016
Annunaki:
Nice post smiley the way muslims wallow in self delusion to justify the immoral and evil deeds of their fake prophet is really nauseating. angry one thing that is clear from the debate is that mohammed's standards conform to the pathetically low standards of the barbarians of his time. Yet muslims are supposed to. Use this vermin as a mentor, no wonder the muslim world is so depraved and backward today.

The Aisha 's story is the most painful of all.. shocked
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by CoolUsername: 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
These 'holy' books, inspired by 'all-knowing' and 'all-powerful' deities perfectly mirror the image of primitive men with superpowers.
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by meixili: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
Firstly - if indeed the marriage of Lady Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

Secondly - we have to look at the life of Lady Aisha afterwards. She was without doubt one of the foremost scholars of Islam. It is even said that she had attained in her lifetime the position of Mufti - someone capable of giving religious rulings - a position very few Muslims will ever occupy.

She was seeked by many, both men and women, who hungered for knowledge and they came to her from all directions, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria. History does not know of any woman who was approached by so many for such a noble purpose.

If indeed she had became a victim of sexual abuse she would in most probability be devastated emotionally, psychologically, mentally and perhaps even physically but the achievements she had made in her life after the death of the Prophet proved that she was a woman who was in complete control of her faculties, becoming one of the intellectual giants of Islam.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband because given the trust enjoyed by her by the virtue of her relationship with him, she could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought.
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by meixili: 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
What about Aisha's parents (mom and dad),

Since Aisha's parents both approved of her engagement with Jober and later approved to her marriage to Muhammad, is it fair for anyone to call her mom and dad and former fiancée and whole tribe all child molesters? I think whoever does that would be out of his mind and needs to study a little history about the Middle East.

Let us look at the following narration:

Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)"

Notice here that Aisha's mother and the Muslim women back then were ok with her marriage. It was part of the Arab custom and still is in many of the Muslim and non-Muslim countries today for girls to marry at a very young age. When a girl's body starts showing up (her breasts and her height and physical size), then she would be ready for marriage.
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by true2god: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
meixili:
What about Aisha's parents (mom and dad),

Since Aisha's parents both approved of her engagement with Jober and later approved to her marriage to Muhammad, is it fair for anyone to call her mom and dad and former fiancée and whole tribe all child molesters? I think whoever does that would be out of his mind and needs to study a little history about the Middle East.

Let us look at the following narration:

Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)"

Notice here that Aisha's mother and the Muslim women back then were ok with her marriage. It was part of the Arab custom and still is in many of the Muslim and non-Muslim countries today for girls to marry at a very young age. When a girl's body starts showing up (her breasts and her height and physical size), then she would be ready for marriage.
No matter how much you try to white-wash this bad behaviour of your prophet, no sane person will accept any argument that it is ok for a man of 54 to approach a little girl of 6 for marriage. Deep within you, you know you can never give out your 9-year old daughter (in marriage) to a man of 54.

Back to this issue, it is known fact that little aisha was lawfully engaged to jubair before your prophet came to abu bakr (aisha's father) to asked of aisha's hand in marriage. When your prophet told aisha's parent that allahh's revealed aisha to him in a dream (mohammed said he saw aisha wrapped like a gift and presented him in a dream), aisha's parents objected that the age of the girl is too small for him to marry and that aisha was already engaged to jubair. Abu bakr also told your prophet that they were cousin and that it is not normal for him to marry aisha.

So you need to understand that aisha's parent initially refused mohammed's request but mohammed insisted that allahh was the one that asked him to marry aisha. And since Abu Bakr trusted mohammed\allahh, he reluctantly agreed and his acceptance automatically made him the number 2 man, after mohammed, among the young muslim ummah.

Aisha on her part was not ripe for marriage. At that age she was still playing with her doll and still swinging rope with her little girl friends. She was not mature at all.

Aisha even jokingly told mohammed that 'it is like allahh is always ready to do your wish'. If you understand the proper context of aisha's statement here you will discover that she doesnt trust mohammed; she believed that mohammed always invoke allahh anytime he wants to fulfil his selfish desires.

And you know what, the same aisha was also instrumental to the killing of mohammed's grandchildren, hassan and hussain (the former in the battle of karballa). If it was allahh was the onethat trully asked mohammed to marry aisha, how come aisha hated her husband's daughter (fatimah) and grand children so much such that she even orchestrated their death?

Think about this, open your brain.
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by true2god: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
meixili:
Firstly - if indeed the marriage of Lady Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

Secondly - we have to look at the life of Lady Aisha afterwards. She was without doubt one of the foremost scholars of Islam. It is even said that she had attained in her lifetime the position of Mufti - someone capable of giving religious rulings - a position very few Muslims will ever occupy.

She was seeked by many, both men and women, who hungered for knowledge and they came to her from all directions, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria. History does not know of any woman who was approached by so many for such a noble purpose.

If indeed she had became a victim of sexual abuse she would in most probability be devastated emotionally, psychologically, mentally and perhaps even physically but the achievements she had made in her life after the death of the Prophet proved that she was a woman who was in complete control of her faculties, becoming one of the intellectual giants of Islam.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband because given the trust enjoyed by her by the virtue of her relationship with him, she could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought.
Your using the phrase 'lady aisha' prior her marriage to mohammed is wrong. You should have used the phrase 'baby aisha' or 'little aisha' since you cannot describe a girl of 6 as a lady.

There is nothing morally and culturally acceptable for a man of 51 to wanting to marry a girl of 6, which your 'noble' prophet did. Muslims said mohammed was the greatest prophet and the best example to follow. Muslims do claim that mohammed abolished so many evil cultural practices among the arabs, is an old man of 51 lusting after a 6-yr old girl not an evil cultural practice? How can a sane person follow a man of 51 whom his god supposedly asked to marry a 6-yr old girl?

You said aisha was one of the greatest scholars of islam, how did that happen? History had it that aisha led the sunni camp that beheaded mohammed's grandchild, hussein, is that one of the criteria that made her a great islamic scholar?

You said aisha spoke well of the prophet, that is a subjective observation. In one of the hadith aisha told mohammed that it seems allahh is ever ready for do his (mohammed's) heart desires, whether good or evil. That is a bad complement for a supposedly prophet of allahh.

You said no sexual abuse victim will speak good of her attacker, you are wrong. Considering the fact that mohammed was both a religious and a political leader a ong the arabs then, it will be very difficult for aisha to speak ill of him. In one hadith Abu Bakr and omar slapped their daughters in from of mohammed (who were married to mohammed) for allegedly making the 'prophet' sad when they asked mohammed money but he could not give them. Islamic society does not condone rebelion from the wife even if she is maltreated by her husband.

In summary, your whitewashing the ungodly marriage of aisha to mohammed is both sad and an attempt to reduce women to sexx object of the satisfation of men.
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by nasiayam: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
true2god:
Your using the phrase 'lady aisha' prior her marriage to mohammed is wrong. You should have used the phrase 'baby aisha' or 'little aisha' since you cannot describe a girl of 6 as a lady.

There is nothing morally and culturally acceptable for a man of 51 to wanting to marry a girl of 6, which your 'noble' prophet did. Muslims said mohammed was the greatest prophet and the best example to follow. Muslims do claim that mohammed abolished so many evil cultural practices among the arabs, is an old man of 51 lusting after a 6-yr old girl not an evil cultural practice? How can a sane person follow a man of 51 whom his god supposedly asked to marry a 6-yr old girl?

You said aisha was one of the greatest scholars of islam, how did that happen? History had it that aisha led the sunni camp that beheaded mohammed's grandchild, hussein, is that one of the criteria that made her a great islamic scholar?

You said aisha spoke well of the prophet, that is a subjective observation. In one of the hadith aisha told mohammed that it seems allahh is ever ready for do his (mohammed's) heart desires, whether good or evil. That is a bad complement for a supposedly prophet of allahh.

You said no sexual abuse victim will speak good of her attacker, you are wrong. Considering the fact that mohammed was both a religious and a political leader a ong the arabs then, it will be very difficult for aisha to speak ill of him. In one hadith Abu Bakr and omar slapped their daughters in from of mohammed (who were married to mohammed) for allegedly making the 'prophet' sad when they asked mohammed money but he could not give them. Islamic society does not condone rebelion from the wife even if she is maltreated by her husband.

In summary, your whitewashing the ungodly marriage of aisha to mohammed is both sad and an attempt to reduce women to sexx object of the satisfation of men.

-1 preaching hate
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by true2god: 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
nasiayam:

-1 preaching hate
Telling the truth and being reasonable is not 'hate preaching'.
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by nasiayam: 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
true2god:
Telling the truth and being reasonable is not 'hate preaching'.

-1 propagating hate
Re: Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) by true2god: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
nasiayam:

-1 propagating hate
This is how hate was propagated by mohammed:

Quran 9:29, Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture (christiams and jews) - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

(1) (Reply)

Ebube Muonso And Mbaka War Of Words: Ebube Muonso Opens Up / Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible / Worship The Lord With Yoruba Hynm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.