Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Blackberry Storm Headache! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Storm Headache! (2146 Views)

Glo Takes Ghana By Storm, Launches Network . / London Used Blackberry Phones Only: Bold, Curve,storm,javelin Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Storm Headache! by Lagoshyn: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2009
Hello,

I have an unlocked BBstorm, I am able to do everything on it- Send/recieve phone calls, email, internet, BUT, I am not able to send text messages! This just dulls the otherwise brilliant experience! Oh and it's extremely frustrating!!

I was able to send sms initially but now it's just the big red X.

ZAIN say they can’t help because it's the phone that refuses to store the relevant service centre number.

Any suggestions pls?

Tnx,

LS.
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by Infoseye(m): 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2009
Dump it for a Nokia or SE phone.
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by DoubleN(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2009
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Big Man,Big Trouble!
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by achinu(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
couple of things u can try.

1) Go to options from your home-screen, then select advanced options, highlight the Host Routing Table then press the menu button & register. You should get a network registration message. Pull ur battery on the storm & wait for about 30 secs before re-inserting & wait for phone to reboot then try sending a txt.

2) I would say resend your service book but since Zain doesn't sell the BB storm they'll not have the service book available on their network to send to you.
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by NegroNtns(m): 12:03am On Jul 10, 2009
Yeah but he can access email and internet. He has the service books. The problem is the MSC - Message Service Center.

Since he contacted ZAIN and they said the phone would not store the MSC, then next step is to use the desktop manager, assuming he has installed that software, to reload the handset software version for the phone. This would fix the glitch and then he could manually re-enter the MSC number to fix the SMS problem. ZAIN will have the MSC number he needs.
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by achinu(m): 5:09am On Jul 10, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Yeah but he can access email and internet. He has the service books. The problem is the MSC - Message Service Center.

Since he contacted ZAIN and they said the phone would not store the MSC, then next step is to use the desktop manager, assuming he has installed that software, to reload the handset software version for the phone. This would fix the glitch and then he could manually re-enter the MSC number to fix the SMS problem. ZAIN will have the MSC number he needs.

The BB desktop mgr has absolutely nothing to do with his inability to send sms messages.
All the desktop does is allow a BB device to sync or exchange info with a PC/ laptop by either backing-up information from the BB, updating the devices software, lnstalling 3rd party apps, switching devices, loading multimedia files e.t.c

FYI
A mobile carrier that does not sell a particular BB model cannot provide their customers a service book for a particular model of BB they don't sell because the service book which corrects the internal settings of particular of BB model bases on the provider network will not be available on a carriers network unless that model of BB is sold by the particular carrier.
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by NegroNtns(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2009
The BB desktop mgr has absolutely nothing to do with his inability to send sms messages.
All the desktop does is allow a BB device to sync or exchange info with a PC/ laptop by either backing-up information from the BB, updating the devices software, lnstalling 3rd party apps, switching devices, loading multimedia files e.t.c

Thats what I said he needs and he needs to do that with the dsktp mngr.

FYI
A mobile carrier that does not sell a particular BB model cannot provide their customers a service book for a particular model of BB they don't sell because the service book which corrects the internal settings of particular of BB model bases on the provider network will not be available on a carriers network unless that model of BB is sold by the particular carrier.

Accurate! Now, do you know that picture messaging (MMS), push-email and even full spectrum data transmission is based on SMS platform? The poster said he can do everything on the BBStorm (3G - full spectrum) except SMS texting. This shows that it is the MSC (user-interface) and not the hardware. Then he followed up by saying that he already contacted ZAIN and they could not load the MSC successfully. The conclusion is either he needs to reload the software to correct a glitch or the poster is lying when he said everything works except texting.

I know BB in and out I will tear that device apart and build it back up and put it into service, . . . I have seen your posts and I can tell that you are very familiar with the device, I respect your knowledge, however this post need clarification from the user to make sure he correctly stated the problem. If he did . . .he need a software reload. . . trust me!
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by xqwysyte(f): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2010
Negro NTNS,

Please can you help with my Blackberry storm. It is saying JVM error 102. I cant put it on. Pls help. cry
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by arsenal4va(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2010
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by Jdpain: 9:06am On Mar 23, 2010
Please my bb storm does not have a browser,i can only make call,recieve nd send sms.pls help
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by arsenal4va(m): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2010
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by Jdpain: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2010
Thnx bro,bt d thing is dat.d browser sign is nt showing,i went to mtn and they said i nd to ask verizon to block my pin in america
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by atlwireles: 11:30am On Apr 05, 2010
You need to installed a hacked service book on your phone. It will fix your problem.
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by nearest(m): 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
atlwireles:

You need to installed a hacked service book on your phone. It will fix your problem.
how?
Re: Blackberry Storm Headache! by nearest(m): 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2010
arsenal4va:

you shud have one , once you are activated to the BB data plan , it will get pushed to your phone automatically.

for MTN send BIS to 21600 and make sure u have at least 5000 N credit .

to download one manually try opera or bolt , download the cod or jad file and install via DM

good luck

how can i install operamini?

(1) (Reply)

Om 4.2 Does Not Open Yahoo Mail / Slot Phone Accessories Are Fake. / Another Case Of Phone Explosion, Surprisingly, It's Iphone 7!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.