Stats: 3,158,123 members, 7,835,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? (1167 Views)

NASA Launches Parker Solar Probe For Historic Mission To The Sun (Photos) / Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander / The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. (2) (3) (4)

What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by khalhokage(m): 8:57am On Feb 09, 2016

Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by ajokebelle(f): 9:22am On Feb 09, 2016
wow. Educational. Nice and interesting. Thanks OP

Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by sinaj(f): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wow scary embarassed

Gotta save diz page tho, Tiz quite educationalsmiley

The sun is quite important smiley

I didn't knw there wud b Oxygen without plants tho

I hpe diz make fp
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by Bantino(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
If the sun disappears, the world ends... EOD
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by timidapsin(m): 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wow.. we should start preparing for this
Lalasticlala this is so informative .
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
sinaj:
Wow scary embarassed

Gotta save diz page tho, Tiz quite educationalsmiley

The sun is quite important smiley

I didn't knw there wud b Oxygen without plants tho

I hpe diz make fp
There is a LOT of oxygen in the atmosphere. without plants, you and I would survive fine.

as well as everyone else. grin grin
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by johnydon22(m): 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
timidapsin:
Wow.. we should start preparing for this
Lalasticlala this is so informative .
Prepare for it? what exactly do you think can make the sun disappear?
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by timidapsin(m): 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
johnydon22:
Prepare for it? what exactly do you think can make the sun disappear?
Disappear? No. Change form? Yes. Over the next 6 billion years or so, the sun will evolve into a red giant as it approaches the end of it's hydrogen fuel. Shortly thereafter, another billion years or so, it will run down and shrink to a white dwarf. After another billion years or so, the fusion reaction will run out of fuel completely and stop, at which point it will be burned out like a cinder and be a brown dwarf, which is essentially matter that is cooling. Finally, it will reach thermal equilibrium with the surrounding space. Unless, of course, a nearby star goes nova or super nova and the resulting mass ejected gathers up the sun as it goes by to eventually condense and become another star. Stars recycle all of the matter that surrounds them when they go nova. One star dies and another is born from the debris. All it takes is a huge amount of TIME for it all to happen.
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by Tobsam237(m): 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Informative, Cool & Scary....

Is there a movie which simulates the disappearance of the SUN?
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by taurus25(m): 4:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
timidapsin:
Wow.. we should start preparing for this Lalasticlala this is so informative .
do u think man could last for another 6 billion years?
Re: What Would Happen If The Sun Disappeared? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 15, 2016
Knew this shit since I was eleven. What really scared me was that the sun will soon blow out..... I was so scared ehn............ Until I learnt it Happens 400 million years from now gringringrin.

? / Four Nigerian School Girls Invent First Ever Urine Powered Generator / Which Type Of Smartwatch Is In Trend 2020?