Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,851 members, 7,820,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Lessons Of Failure - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lessons Of Failure (539 Views)

5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. / Backpack To Briefcase Series: Letters and Lessons from a Corporate Desk. / 4 Lessons I Learned From Quitting My Job With No Back-up Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons Of Failure by goodwords: 9:58am On Feb 09, 2016
Good Morning Friends.

I write to help my fellow job seekers avoid a terrible mistake I made last week. I work in an int. organization as a 'labourer' (that's the simplest description)
Several openings came up and I applied to two of them. I passed the aptitude test then came the other test.
'the instruction' was that you must get a certain score in all the four sections- numerical, reading, writing and administrative sections.
I devoured the first three and was enjoying myself with the arithmetic section ( as a graduate engineer) when I heard 'time up'

I MISSED CLOSE TO 200K A MONTH SALARY.

LESSONS: No matter how easy it appears, instructions first please!
many have begged on my behalf because I was the best overall. But the policy says' a particular score must be reached for each section.

I guess I will continue walking the streets of Abuja again. Or maybe try Lagos.

As my father in the faith will always say. "WE WALK BY COMMON SENSE, WE RUN BY PRINCIPLES BUT WE FLY BY INSTRUCTIONS"

God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Failure by browncolysis(m): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2016
Lesson well understood. Thanks for the lesson share, though I know God will remember you very soon.
Re: Lessons Of Failure by MadamMoroti: 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
This is a world class lesson, you forgot to add, " over confidence kills faster Lassa fever".
Re: Lessons Of Failure by goodwords: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
I wouldn't say I was over confident madam moroti.
I wanted it so much that I missed it. am almost desperate.
at 29, no steady job, no steady relationship, no friends. family! hmmmm
Just God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"I Shouldn't Be Here If Nigeria Was Not Messed Up" / Security Man Needed At Ikorodu / MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (5 Vacant Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.