Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala (10564 Views)

Yau Kumo Under Investigation By EFCC Over N3bn Fraud - Sahara Reporters / Names Of Judges Under Investigation By DSS Exposed. / FG's Recovered Loot with CBN — Investigation by Punch (2) (3) (4)

I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by quotequote: 11:01am On Feb 09, 2016
Former Minister for Finance and Coordinator of the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has dismissed reports that she is under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Iweala in a Press Statement signed by her media Aide, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu said headlines in some sections of the media suggesting she is under investigation by the anti-graft agency are misleading. The former Minister said from eye witness accounts at the Budget 2016
presentation of the EFCC, the Chairman of the anti-graft agency never said her activities as Minister under former President Goodluck Jonathan’s
administration are under scrutiny. But Hon. Razak Atunwa, a member of the House of Representatives Committee who inquired about the probe into the petroleum sector, said: “I said EFCC has recovered a lot of money for Nigeria and he (Magu) mentioned that, in that regard, more sectors of the economy is likely to come under Investigative activity.

“I said it includes petroleum sector? He said yes. And I said would it include investigating the following people: Diezani Allison-Madueke,
Okonjo-Iweala and Kola Aluko, and he said yes. Those people are already under their investigative radar.”

However, Iweala’s press statement reads:
ALLEGED EFCC INVESTIGATION OF OKONJO-IWEALA: MEDIA HEADLINES ARE MISLEADING AND UNTRUE
We want to clarify that some of the media reports alleging that the EFCC is investigating former Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, are
misleading and untrue. This is clear from eye witness accounts of the Budget 2016 presentation by the EFCC at the House of Representatives and gaps in the reported stories. The headlines are a misrepresentation of what the EFCC Chairman actually said during the event.
While the headlines claimed that the EFCC Chairman, in response to a question by an APC, member Hon Razak Atunwa, stated that Dr Okonjo-Iweala is under investigation, the actual words quoted in the same reports told a very different story.
His words:
“Very soon we will go into the petroleum industry. Such investigation requires that we have to build capacity, we have to bring in experts to
enable us tackle what we are doing properly and the investigation must be conducted properly. We have internal lawyers and external lawyers. We have to pay insurance…”
The words said to have been spoken by the EFCC Chairman cannot support the lurid headlines that Dr Okonjo-Iweala is under investigation by the EFCC. The Nigerian media plays an important role in our democracy and we urge them to be fair, balanced and factual in their reports.
Paul C Nwabuikwu
Media Adviser to Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/i-am-not-under-investigation-by-efcc-okonjo-iweala/

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by emamos: 11:04am On Feb 09, 2016
My country Naija,It shal be well

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by 234mart(m): 11:51am On Feb 09, 2016
God Bless Our Country

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by YelloweWest: 11:51am On Feb 09, 2016
Buhari start fight against corruption with yourself - Obj

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by lifezone247(m): 11:51am On Feb 09, 2016
No, na me come dey under investigation.
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by lexguru: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2016
And they said you were ?
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Emyogalanya: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2016
Yes my biafranese sister

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2016
Okay.
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 11:52am On Feb 09, 2016
story story
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by saintkel(m): 11:53am On Feb 09, 2016
Madam just go about ur work jeje let those who think they r without sin b d ist to cast a stone on u.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by yemmight(m): 11:53am On Feb 09, 2016
You are not under investigation yet, but you will soon be.

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2016
Search NOI from now till 2023 you wont even find a pin,the EFCC had better make proper use of their time before embarking on a wild goose chase.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by otijah(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2016
TimeManager:
Wailers sef.. O ya come lapdance & buttlick okonjo iweala
. Let me see you buttlick her from the top of my building.
Wailers da buttlickers
The truth has spoken!
what is this zombie saying sef

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by tritt(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2016
Investigate everyone and everything and they will end up achieving nothing.

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by TimeManager(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2016
Wailers sef.. O ya come lapdance & buttlick okonjo iweala
. Let me see you buttlick her from the top of my building.
Wailers da buttlickers
The truth has spoken!

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by mcfynest(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2016
Lie
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Biafrarep(m): 11:56am On Feb 09, 2016
God will continue to bless u ma & shame ur detractors. # Do you want to make the best investment in Owerri? cliq on my handle.

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Clerverly: 11:56am On Feb 09, 2016
Madam of IPOB Youths, You are not the One to Tell Us! Or are now the EFCC spokesperson?

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Acidosis(m): 11:56am On Feb 09, 2016
Madam you're under investigation on the pages of NEWSPAPER.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Samexdx(m): 11:56am On Feb 09, 2016
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by harmless011: 11:57am On Feb 09, 2016
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Justicealh3(m): 11:57am On Feb 09, 2016
Chai...

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by viktor01(m): 11:58am On Feb 09, 2016
We haf ear.
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Billygee2u: 11:58am On Feb 09, 2016

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by Amanwulu1(m): 11:59am On Feb 09, 2016
Whatever. D problem is dat some brainless zombies said, it is my responsibility to investigate amechi, fashola, etc as if I'm efcc or under any gov't wage...

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by lincolnj88: 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
grin intelligent woman ....
even their sanusi is lamblasting the mumu presido economy policy

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by TimeManager(m): 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
Yeye madam who was paid in dollars, approved & authenticated salami slicing. She is too self-defensive.& scared of the word "probe" A coward that couldn't reply the rebuttal of falana. Your days are numbered,
The truth has spoken!

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by arabianights: 12:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
yemmight:
You are not under investigation yet, but you will soon be.

lLeave her.let her be deceiving herself by the time they summon her she will send her publicist that it was just a *chat* in which as a patriotic nigerian, she heeded to their call and gave them all information availale to her.mscheeeew

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by drnelson: 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
[size=18pt]cmon shutup you are under investigation....

your belle don full with Nigeria's money and you must vomit by fire by force
[/size]

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by TimeManager(m): 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
@otijah, so you are also a teary eyed wailer, o ya sorry, wailing is the toughest proffession anyone could ask for. You need to go buttlick okonjo & let me see you do that from the top of my building. I'll be watching in HD.
No lie only truth!
Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by 9jatatafo(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
APC government and lies.

Re: I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala by lokonzo78: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
saintkel:
Madam just go about ur work jeje let those who think they r without sin b d ist to cast a stone on u.
You people can encourage corruption. Let her clear her name if she's charged and stop defending her on NL.

Hoodlums Attack Ogun Farm, Kidnap Three, Kill 20 Birds / JUDICIARY Gets Full Financial Independence (autonomy) / Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Court Slates Oct 8 To Hear Suit