|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,799,821 members, 6,691,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 25 January 2022 at 01:24 PM
|Please Criticize It, Condemn It by kiddosolomon: 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2016|
Dear Nairalanders i am humbly your friend though we may not know each other at the moment. I have a Project which work with another partner of mine.
PLEASE CRITICIZE IT, CONDEMN IT, AND CRITICIZE AGAIN
However i am the lead Programmer on the Project. It is LIVE!! We hope to launch fully soon enough for commercialization after all ends are tidied duly to serve the populace we created the Project for.
It is a Project for FUN!!, MEET!! and More...
You may find it similar to existing platforms you have used before. Ideas are built on other ideas.
With full Permission PLEASE CRITICIZE IT, CONDEMN IT, AND CRITICIZE AGAIN. It will really help alot.
THANK YOU ALL!!!
Your private mails are also welcome here [email]email@example.com[/email]
Love you guys
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by guru01(m): 3:30pm On Feb 09, 2016|
Font size for the text(free roam...) is tiny.
No error message shown for registration.
What is the site about?
Note: I accessed through mobile.
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by PatientVulture(f): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2016|
itz owk..buh how scalable is it? i noticed itz abit slow..is it mobile responsive?
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by guru01(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2016|
On my laptop:
I think the testimonies needs to be on white background so that all text and pictures will show up well, because i could barely see their name and below text.
The form input should have some little paddings and perhaps be on a white background or may be not, the register button is green and first background image are similar to button.
Second background shows up and those text that are white and grey are no long visible.
Also i will advice you add some more activities on the index page to attract user to register and also people can know much about the mitra that way, except its a close social network.
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by kiddosolomon: 3:18pm On Feb 22, 2016|
Thank you. The site is a social networking site.
On mobile please try different browsers. And reload few times on draggy network sir
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by kiddosolomon: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2016|
Its rescales or resizes on diff devices. Yes can be slow sometimes, draggy network i noticed. Yes it mobile-friendly
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by kiddosolomon: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2016|
guru01:Thank you sir.
Please what device you used ? B'cos the Testimonies are on white background already. You are right about the names an below text. We will look into other things.
What kind of activities would you recommend please ?
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2016|
@op, when making a post like this, do not start putting stuffs like - you are the lead programmer of the project.
While that may be impressive to some NOOBS, some people like myself and some others will automatically expect to see great and mighty things, and when we don't, we start murdering the project.
While the interface looks good at first glance, at second glance, I can see that you have made some bad judgements on some aspects:
1. The font size and color in some places are not appropriate.
2. When i reduce my browser to a resolution like 700 x 600px (using my eyes to measure), the scrollbar dissappears and there is no way to get to the bottom anymore.
3. You have broken a basic website-design rule. The logo of a website should link to the home-page, and NEVER TO REGISTRATION/SIGNUP PAGE.
4. From the registration/login/forgot password, there is no freaking way to return back to the homepage.
5. And please, the title of the page should be NEVER be "FORGOTTEN PASSWORD". You need to watch your grammar please.
6. Your facebook login does not work - a technical glitch maybe
7. I believe that "Signup with facebook" should actually be "Sign-in with Facebook".
8. You might wanna rewrite "SignUp with your Email" as "Sign Up with your Email"/"Sign up with your Email"
9. themes/default/imgs/logo.png returns a 404 error on the people's directory.
10. Has 0 friends look somehow funny to me, why not just 0 friends?
11. Why are you using un-seo friendly links like /section/s:termsofuse ?
12. The padlock logo on the right side of http://www.mitraspace.com/section/s:termsofuse highlights as Register, but when clicked goes to the homepage the way the logo is meant to behave - as i explained in point 3.
13. The responsiveness of the site get k-leg.
Chai, i don tire. . . . . . . . . .all in all, a very good attempt.
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2016|
If the OP implements all yu stated above, then i think i'll sign up... Yu really accessed the site in a Stealth mode... Nice Observations..
OP, Listen to the King Talking... dHTML18 just built your website by only commenting...
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by larisoft: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2016|
Your site is wonderful! You will have to spend more time working on it of course...we all do after every project; but am really impressed with all the bells and jingles in there. I bet you got a lot of 'inspiration' from facebook.
Things I noticed you should work on:
1. Font sizes
2. Your link hover effect is kinda unprofessional.
3. Your background image should be a little faded to allow text clarity
4. There is a missing picture on your header page, after logging in.
5. Password input boxes for sign up should hide entered text. (only one hides it at the moment)
6. Your logout symbol... kindly consider using the font-awesome icons. The blue color of that symbol is kinda off.
But like I told you; These are ordinarily expected in every project that has just been concluded. Thumbs up and keep us posted on its development!!!
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2016|
^^Nice review there, i am waiting to see the implementation of the suggested changes.
|Re: Please Criticize It, Condemn It by Knownpal(m): 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2016|
Nice, just like my boss has said dhtml.
But I think you need to change the color of the text under these images brad.jpg, jon.jpg and chuck.jpg.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97