Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo (12221 Views)

Three Things I Did While In Prison — Obasanjo / Three Things I Did While In Prison — Obasanjo / How I Escape Death In Prison - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by lalasticlala(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday said he practically turned a preacher of the gospel to other prisoners when he was incarcerated in Yola Prison for allegedly plotting to overthrow the defunct military regime led by late Gen Sani Abacha.

Obasanjo who was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1995 after he was convicted for his involvement in the plot to overthrow the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha disclosed this at the 50th anniversary of the Bible Society of Nigeria held at an event centre located in Onikan area of Lagos.

Obasanjo said though he was wrongly convicted in the phantom coup, he was happy during his incarceration and decided to use the period to rededicate his life to service of God and humanity.

The former president whose lecture at the BSN’s annual lecture dwelt on, “Man in pursuit of happiness,” added that, “When I was in prison, I had joy. I was always bubbly, teaching and preaching to other prisoners.

“It was because of the joy I had found in God, although it can be said to be abnormal that one is in prison and is happy. I was put in jail, even though I didn’t deserve it.”

Other notable Nigerians at the ceremony include former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon; former Head of the Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan; former Commonwealth Secretary-General, Chief Emeka Anyaoku and chairman, Fidson Healthcare Plc, Elder Felix Ohiwerei.

In their separate goodwill messages, Gowon and Shonekan thanked the BSN for appointing them as patrons and urged the society to continue its good work aimed at making the society better for all to live.

The Bible Society of Nigeria is a non-profit-making interdenominational Christian organisation that translates the Bible into local languages, publishes, distributes and raises funds for Bible work.

It is on record that the society has the complete Bible in 20 Nigerian Languages, the New Testament in 60 local languages.

http://leadership.ng/news/499569/became-preacher-prison-obasanjo

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Mutuwa(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
The guy below me... sha... lipsrsealed

OBJ

happy in prison

why did you come out?

and contributed to the filth,the country is into now?

12 Likes

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by jinha(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
that guy above me sha.....
next...
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by tommykiwi(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
story for the gods....
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by robosky02(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
ok

forward some of the lesson to bubu
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
You became a preacher in prison but where did you become a thief?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Clerverly: 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu Can Learn A Lesson Here...

5 Likes

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by olafum1(m): 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
As much as I want to be like Fmr. Pres. Obasanjo.
I no wan go prison first before being like him cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
ok... “When I was in prison, I had joy. I was always bubbly, teaching and preaching to other prisoners."

Metuh, Dasuki others should also go and get the same joy.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Clerverly:
You must see him in your dreams.
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Siberia101: 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
Clerverly:

Lol
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by tomdon(m): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
So you preached the Gospel, yet you came out and stole the country's money with impunity

10 Likes

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by princejtb4real(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Another Lie

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Lexusgs430: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
And came out of prison and became a dictator!!
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by balancediet(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Thats why Change Is Far fetched. Press. Keep bringing into limelight people. Who should Be considered irrelevant. Who still take Obasanjo seriously? How can ageing Obasanjo be of any relevant to the modern day governance? I. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by ShineuEye: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ok
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by ademega(m): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
hmmm
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by jay2pee(m): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kk
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by NobleAngell(f): 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
What
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by ShineuEye: 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Clerverly:
Obsessed with Kanu, you're becoming boring.
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Nicur: 2:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
grin wetin we nor go see or hear in Nigeria lol
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Viktor1983(m): 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
All join.
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ghfd
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by opeyemiieblog(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
eeeey eeey preacher ke
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by ednut1(m): 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
Abacha shud have done us a favour undecided tongue
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by menix(m): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Well, even pastors belong to the Ogboni brotherhood..

Preach on sir..
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by brilliant5(m): 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wen pple tink de wld die de turn to God. Not surprised he's so far from God now. Lol
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by Holyfield1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
This man does charms more than anyone else....Oniro buruku
Re: How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo by geefasee: 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
hmmm preacher in prison? Who/what were you preaching about? Is it about God or olowu of owu kingdom

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC National Assembly Caucus In Closed-door Meeting / We'll Give Life Of Dignity To All Nigerians - FG / Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.