Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside (936 Views)

Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court / S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by sexxysemerian: 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
THE governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 election in Rivers
State, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, said on Tuesday that the State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike,
had foreknowledge of the Supreme Court ruling before it was eventually delivered.
Peterside also accused the State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, of promoting violence by
making inciting comments.
He also claimed that while the Supreme Court ruling in favour of Wike was delivered at about
6.20pm, the Peoples Democratic Party and Wike supporters went into wild celebration around
9am.
The former APC governorship candidate, who made this remarks while speaking with newsmen
in Port Harcourt explained that “credible information confirmed” that Wike confessed to some
persons that he (Wike) met with some of the justices of the Supreme Court in Mbaise, Owerri,
Dubai and Saudi Arabia respectively.
Peterside added that the governor had at a thanksgiving service in Port Harcourt claimed that
former governor of the state, Dr. Peter Odili and his wife, Justice Mary Odili, were his
(Wike) advisers.
He described the ruling of the Supreme Court on the Rivers governorship election as a product
of compromise and an orchestrated contrivance to legalise electoral violence and rigging.
“Credible information confirmed that Nyesom Wike had earlier confessed to some persons of
having met one of the Justices of the Supreme Court in Mbaise during an important burial,
another at Owerri in a hotel and yet others in Dubai and Saudi Arabia respectively.
“These Justices were in the panel that decided the matter in Wike’s favour. The most striking
revelation by Nyesom Wike is contained in his account at the thanksgiving service last
Sunday.
“He obviously stunned his audience and the watching world when he confessed that when it
came to the Judges, Dr. Peter Odili and the wife Justice Mary Odili (a Justice of the Supreme
Court) were his advisers.
“It is therefore obvious that the decision of the Supreme Court on the Rivers State Election was
not a product of justice but rather a product of compromise and orchestrated contrivance to
legalise electoral violence and rigging and, in turn, reward injustice. This calls for serious
introspection by our Judiciary and judicial officers.
“For the records, in his speech at the church service, Gov. Nyesom Wike probably forgot that
he was on live telecast when he stated, ‘Let me thank our former governor, Dr. Peter Odili
[husband of Supreme Court Justice, Mary Odili]. He will call me midnight to tell me what to
do….he will say ‘go so so place.’ I took all his advice, and here we are today’.
“This shocking confession needs no further explanation except for you and other decent
Nigerians to further make your fair conclusions,” Peterside said.
On the alleged incitement by WIke, Peterside decried the governor’s threat to the lives of
officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission ahead of the State and National
Assembly rerun elections.
He added that the governor exhibited unconscionable indiscretion by warning INEC officials
would be treated like armed robbers if they attempted to rig the election.
Peterside, however, told Wike to stop insulting President Muhammadu Buhari, adding that the
governor portrayed himself as someone that was lacking respect and character of being a
Councillor, let alone a state governor.
He also advised the governor not to disparage the Nigerian military by referring to them as
Boko Haram soldiers.
http://www.punchng.com/32299-2/
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by bettercreature(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Abeg swallow the bitter pill,you've gat no choice
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by 9jatriot(m): 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
I hope this guy knows the implication of making blanket statements like this without proof.

Well, Wike said worse after he lost at the court of appeal and nothing happened.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by chimerase2: 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
Peterside must be a fan of looserfool grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by SK3NKI(m): 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
Dakuku we all see d pain in every single statement u make, I was even expecting u to say somthing like "wike bribed s'court judges" cos I neva expect anything wise from u and ur mentor. E pain am wella.

1 Like

Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by mansuetusmiki: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
mr dakuku .... u need rest . thought u conceded defeat already ... .... Nigerian politicians will fight till grave.....

2 Likes

Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by doublewisdom: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Haha. Amaechi is trying to save face. grin grin grin. Rivers people have rejected the Judas of ubiama and whatever he represents. Dakuku, stop whining on behalf of Amechi, better go and work with your father Wike.

1 Like

Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by Wizlove(m): 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Before nkoh,make them come rig make we see. We will treat them as common criminals that they are.
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by Frankiss44(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
This Dakuku guy Na real mumu.. You go just die an orphan.. Now when Wike wan adopt you, you DEY there dey misyan abi?
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by 4Kemzy(m): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
E pain you well well. Mr. Dakuku waterside or whatever your name is, let me tell you incase you've forgotten, H.E Ezenwo Nyesom Wike is the Supremely Chosen and Rivers State Governor for the next 4 years.
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by LordVarys: 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Just because you lose a case doesn't mean you should malign our most revered institution.
The CJN asked Justice Odili to recuse herself from the case to avoid any appearance of prejudice.
Dakuku should be a man and accept his loss in stride. Any keen legal observer would have deduced that judgement after Ambode and Yari's elections were respectively upheld on similar grounds.
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by SouthernBreeze(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
sexxysemerian:
THE governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 election in Rivers
State, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, said on Tuesday that the State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike,
had foreknowledge of the Supreme Court ruling before it was eventually delivered.
Peterside also accused the State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, of promoting violence by
making inciting comments.
He also claimed that while the Supreme Court ruling in favour of Wike was delivered at about
6.20pm, the Peoples Democratic Party and Wike supporters went into wild celebration around
9am.
The former APC governorship candidate, who made this remarks while speaking with newsmen
in Port Harcourt explained that “credible information confirmed” that Wike confessed to some
persons that he (Wike) met with some of the justices of the Supreme Court in Mbaise, Owerri,
Dubai and Saudi Arabia respectively.
Peterside added that the governor had at a thanksgiving service in Port Harcourt claimed that
former governor of the state, Dr. Peter Odili and his wife, Justice Mary Odili, were his
(Wike) advisers.
He described the ruling of the Supreme Court on the Rivers governorship election as a product
of compromise and an orchestrated contrivance to legalise electoral violence and rigging.
“Credible information confirmed that Nyesom Wike had earlier confessed to some persons of
having met one of the Justices of the Supreme Court in Mbaise during an important burial,
another at Owerri in a hotel and yet others in Dubai and Saudi Arabia respectively.
“These Justices were in the panel that decided the matter in Wike’s favour. The most striking
revelation by Nyesom Wike is contained in his account at the thanksgiving service last
Sunday.
“He obviously stunned his audience and the watching world when he confessed that when it
came to the Judges, Dr. Peter Odili and the wife Justice Mary Odili (a Justice of the Supreme
Court) were his advisers.
“It is therefore obvious that the decision of the Supreme Court on the Rivers State Election was
not a product of justice but rather a product of compromise and orchestrated contrivance to
legalise electoral violence and rigging and, in turn, reward injustice. This calls for serious
introspection by our Judiciary and judicial officers.
“For the records, in his speech at the church service, Gov. Nyesom Wike probably forgot that
he was on live telecast when he stated, ‘Let me thank our former governor, Dr. Peter Odili
[husband of Supreme Court Justice, Mary Odili]. He will call me midnight to tell me what to
do….he will say ‘go so so place.’ I took all his advice, and here we are today’.
“This shocking confession needs no further explanation except for you and other decent
Nigerians to further make your fair conclusions,” Peterside said.
On the alleged incitement by WIke, Peterside decried the governor’s threat to the lives of
officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission ahead of the State and National
Assembly rerun elections.
He added that the governor exhibited unconscionable indiscretion by warning INEC officials
would be treated like armed robbers if they attempted to rig the election.
Peterside, however, told Wike to stop insulting President Muhammadu Buhari, adding that the
governor portrayed himself as someone that was lacking respect and character of being a
Councillor, let alone a state governor.
He also advised the governor not to disparage the Nigerian military by referring to them as
Boko Haram soldiers.
http://www.punchng.com/32299-2/

1 Like

Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by mrvitalis(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
This is so true.. ... I was in Port Harcourt that day
By 12 noon.. . PDP supporters were already drinking and partying
I was suppressed and wondered what happened.... .
No body can deny this was true
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by thunder74(m): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
Noted. Probably, these were the steps he took to secure the Tribunal and Appeal rulings that were in his favor. Confession time.
Re: Wike Had Foreknowledge Of S’court Ruling – Peterside by ZeroTolerance: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lol @ Boko haram soldiers. Wike is a Legend.

(1) (Reply)

FG Laments Poor Public Support For Anti-graft War / Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment / Why ISIS Tell Boko Haram’s Shekau To Quit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.