Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs (2551 Views)

Cotonou Vs Auction Export Need Advice / BUY CLEAN/SHARP TOKUNBO CARS WITH LOW MILLAGE FROM COTONOU @AFFORDABLE PRICES. / CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by blessedfem: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2009
Dear Nairalanders,
I noticed that most cars that came from cotonou are not cleared by customs because they're smuggled into the country. I have also visited the customs office at ikeja where I found thousands of impounded cars.
I am therefore skeptical about buying cars from cotonou. Kindly educate me more about the risk involved.
Thx.
blessedfem
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by oluomoadebayo: 12:30am On Jul 05, 2009
I was told you can get the original one as well but I'm not sure because I'm also contemplating in buying car from Cotonou or from Lagos.
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by larryshow4(m): 8:48am On Jul 05, 2009
@poster,

FIRST QUESTION.

Most cars that are not imported into the country through Lagos. Where do they come from

Answer: COTONOU

Let me explain something to you. i can stand here to take challenges about any car from cotonou cause i know absolutely everything about cars from that end and when it comes to custom as well. First and Formost there are Customs paper that are Geniue and not Geniue. The reason why its not geniue is that its not been inputted into the computer. That is just the only Difference. But when you have a Trustworthy and truthful agent. He wouldn't get you a non-geniue paper.
Open your eyes smiley you would see, Take the right Steps, when its needed. Everything about Life isn't about MONEY but REPUTATION.

Put forward your questions let me give answers to those i know and those i don't, i would get information for you.
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by ayodeji1(m): 12:34am On Jul 08, 2009
may i also chip in that just like the apapa port,u can also pay duty in seme border for cars coming in from cotonou.like larry has clearly stated,it depends on the person handling your job for you.i can boldly state it on here that no single one of my clients has ever encountered any problem,no matter how little,from custom officers.whether they buy a dutable car or not,as long as they do as adviced they are completely safe.so many other dealers end their contracts on delivery of a vehicle.i dont,for my duty includes to guide my clients against unnecessary embarrasments,amoung others.call-08058054334 and check it out.
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by Jesarmy(f): 1:33am On Jul 08, 2009
@larryshow4 and ayodeji1,
I would like to know if it is perfectly legal to bring in cars that are older than 10 years thru Cotonou in to Naija if the answer is yes,pls. let share with us what it entails.
Thanks,
Jesarmy
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by Tpharell: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2009
@larryshow4,
How much, in naira, would a 96/97 honda accord, auto 4cylinder and leather interior cost out there in cotonou b4 it lands Lagos (i mean without custom clearance)?
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by justauto(m): 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hi, a friend sent a 2006 corolla from the states to cotonue, I need quote for clearing, duty, and ur crossing fee
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by ayodeji1(m): 12:49am On Jul 09, 2009
@jesarmy,
of course u and i know that there are dutable cars and there are non-dutable cars.but yet majority of the cars that are on nigerian roads are non-dutable.not because nigerians like breaking the rules,but the truth is that how many people can afford the so called dutable cars and still fend for a family.car is no more a luxury but a necessity.so in a bid to assist those that can not afford the dutable cars,comes the cotonou thing.so i think we should all learn to appreciate when some one renders a helping hand.cos its not everyone that can afford to spend a million and above for a car.so like i have earlier stated,non of my clients have experienced police or customs palava,and by the grace of GOD,non of them will ever experience such.and concerning what it entails,u need not worry about that.what i think you should be concerned about is the safe delivery of your vehicle,and ensure that it passes through seme border and not inside the bush,thats all.and meanwhile if you can afford to buy a dutable car,nobody will advice you against that.infact,it makes it a lot easier cos u just pay the duty and drive your car accross the border.
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by justauto(m): 8:53am On Jul 09, 2009
Hi,

Not too worry on my demand, got someone to handle the delivery of the car to lagos.
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by Sunpee: 7:14pm On May 31, 2010
I want to know if your prices are genuine. How much can you get me a 2003-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Coupe from Okotonu?
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by femmy2010(m): 7:29pm On May 31, 2010
Cars over 10 year old are not permitted to Come into Nigeria and they remain CONTRABANDS but the prevailing poor socio-economic condition makes it hard or impossible for many Nigerians to buy the cars within the stipulated 10 years and as such many resulted to the BUSH to get their desired older cars.
Even many custom officials that man our many borders cruises around in cars older than the stipulated 10 year old.
I have no say and am not government though but i feel the government should extend the import window to maybe 15 years at least that would allow many intending car owners to get one within reach than resulting o the only other option available(NIGERIAN KILLED VEHICLES)

We remain available for future clients that desire to buy these so called OLDER CARS and have them delivered to there respective abode safely.

Email duduconsultt@yahoo.com
Re: Cars From Cotonou Vs Customs by chelseabmw(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2010
another good thread

(1) (Reply)

''here I Am'' Mazda 626(manual)Toks For 630k.call O8034307886,fear Not / Very Clean Tokunbo 2008 Mazda 3... Price:N2.4m Only / In Need Of Good Car Tracking Service Company In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.