Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely (17740 Views)

[BREAKING] National Assembly Postpones Resumption By One Week. / INEC Postpones Edo Election By Two Weeks / National assembly Postpones Budget Passage Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by 360metrosports: 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
Members of the National Assembly have suspended the passage of the 2016 budget indefinitely following the discrepancies in figures that has trailed the budget. NASS members had fixed February 25th as the date for the passage of the budget but have shelved it.

This new development was made known‎ at a joint press conference chaired by Sen. Danjuma Goje, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriation and Abdulmumin Jibrin, Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation in Abuja today February 9th.

“We need sufficient time to pass a comprehensive budget that is implementable and also acceptable,” Jibrin said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/national-assembly-members-postpone.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by austin2all: 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Inconclusive and indefinite govt

153 Likes 14 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by OKKO(m): 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Even "Liar" Mohammed would be embarrassed by the level of inconsistency in the budget. It is simply indefensible and unamendable.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by EternalTruths: 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Chai There is God ooooo

I wonder what is passing through the minds of the treacherous South who insulted the better South for not falling for this scam called CHANGE. grin

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by joeprince23(m): 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nawa ooo this is really a #budgetofCorruption

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by Iroh88(m): 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Better. Let the presidency clarify whatever grey areas that exist in the budget.

And while at it, can the NASS avail the general pubic with details of their own budget?? Or are they beyond scrutiny??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by mrjangaweed: 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
killing Buhari psychologically and emotionally is a task everyone should embark on if you still want a better tomorrow

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by ozoigbondu: 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
That budget of corruption should be torn up and forced down bubu throat

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by id911(m): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Comical Liar Mohammed, are u there? What new lies do you have to say to defend this monumental fraud called budget? Waiting for your lies Mr Liar

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by obasiken: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
In the end, the masses always suffer the bad and inconclusive descisions of these bad leaders.

Right now in Abuja, almost everything is on stand still. Economy has slowed to the least, everyone is waiting for the budget to be passed only to hear this.

When will we ever hear goodnews in this Administration?

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by ndcide(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Alright, so are we to expect another "anti corruption" fight as and interlude for the charade?

I'm expecting one kind of revelation to keep us busy.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by odogwu125: 11:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mediocre team.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by gunuvi(m): 5:40am On Feb 10, 2016
I am not surprised. When we were shouting that those ministers were thieves the lying liers kept saying no they are saints. Now they have brought that angelic budget on us. Funny enough, some peeps are still not brainy enough to condemn this nonsense.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by gunuvi(m): 5:42am On Feb 10, 2016
ndcide:
Alright, so are we to expect another "anti corruption" fight as and interlude for the charade?

I'm expecting one kind of revelation to keep us busy.
i think that's the line the foools will toll. They will bring another case out tomorrow to cover up the angelic budgetary shame.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 10, 2016
“Last week, we were told that the Senate discovered a sum of N10 billion questionably smuggled into the budget of the Ministry of Education for an allegedly questionable sub-head.

Budget 2016 full of errors, can’t be passed – NASS
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/budget-2016-full-of-errors-cant-be-passed-nass/

Buhari claims to be fighting corruption while corrupt practises continue to prevail under his dispensation.

What did you do concerning the 10bn smuggled mysteriously into Education budget?

You are just bias in your approach against corruption!.
I thought you said “I am for everybody and for nobody”?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmm

1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by pacino26(m): 6:33am On Feb 10, 2016
Ok, if it's true but what becomes of the economy till we have a more people and capital oriented budget?

Copy and paste na bad thing o.

4 Likes

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by adjoviomole(m): 6:41am On Feb 10, 2016
Only God wil deliver us from the real enemies of this nation *APC a party of different individuals with different goals*

Some idiots will brand me a wailer u know wot,if ur eyes cannot see d faults of this present administration,den u are an enemy to the progress of Nigeria.....brainless zobies goan hang urself below

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by HowAreYou(m): 6:52am On Feb 10, 2016
Sometimes I just Blame myself for getting interested in Politics.

Budget passing postponed indefinitely again!!

Meaning all the Social Packages promised by the Government will not even take effect till Mid-2016.

But Buhari why na?

Why will you allow this Mosquito milk drinker called WAILERS to have a Say at all.

Please Do something
This Budget Saga is a National disgrace

#Meanwhile Wailers how market?

I know this budget inflation was perpetrated by those appointees of the Clueless and Shoeless one

GOD IS WATCHING YOU

6 Likes

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 10, 2016
We r really in trouble. God save us frm dis govt.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by DaGC(m): 7:18am On Feb 10, 2016
Nigeria, I hail thee. lipsrsealed

People supposed to 'rescue' the country are now the ones drowning it. Hypocrites everywhere.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by rozayx5(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2016
lalasticlala grin grin grin

budget of corruption

cleverly the hypocrite is chasing okowa while his master wants to defraud Nigerians on a larger scale
omenka and co will always be absent in these kind of threads

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by brunofarad(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2016
Ghen gghen

Confusion 101 grin

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by Sijo01(f): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Everything about this confused administration is always inconclusive.

This budget should be prob, it's too kurrupt. cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by Femdeoola: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Wonderful, the budget is a disgrace to the Federal Republic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by harmless011: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Inconclusive government with fraudulent budget, for once the legislators impress me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by INTROVERT(f): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2016
Budget of corruption...

Buhari wants to pay rent to new landlord. grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by godoluwa(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2016
smh
Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by ademega(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2016
better
Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2016
Indefinitely? OMG!
Who is in charge of this country for crying out loud.
It was just that during the last presidential election, we were presented with the devil and the deep blue sea. Some voted against the devil, others against the deep blue sea. Don't ask me who won. All I know is that we the electorate didn't have much of a choice.
See what the political parties foisted on us. I hope they are now happy. SMH and crying for my country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by 5starmilitant: 8:03am On Feb 10, 2016
Budget of shame. First budget of apc led govt is about looting looting and looting, and some zombies think their presidiot is fight corruption. Even after taking six months to appoint his ministers, budget mafias still surface. Shame on all you blind disciple of this party of disgrace.

Shame on buhari's abobaku ngeneukwu.
Shame on omenka,
Shame on kneking and the other blind slaves.
Shame on apc.

Oh I miss mogidi, Ozoaekpe, severusnape, temitemi.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 10, 2016
Its better not passed till 2019. Nonsense

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kashamu Retains Pdp’s Guber Ticket As Court Strikes Out Adebutu’s Suit / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Worse Off Than In 1993 — MKO Abiola’s Son / Police Close Roads In Katsina For Buhari’s Thursday Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.