Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. (587 Views)

15 Years After Abortion, Indian Woman Finds Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Graphic / Kidney Transplant In Nigeria: My Story / Sickle Cell Supplement, "I Almost Called It A Miracle"-- Mother Of Ss Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. by richardjemedafe1(m): 9:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
I feel sharing my
story here will go a long way.
Read my story and regret ever using pills, stop using it or keep the bundle of joy waiting to see the sunrise. This is my true life story i
usually don't tell friends this but lets see where it'll
take us to.It all started like the way it had been beginning with other girls, mum got pregnant for me, still tender and on the wrong side of twenty (below twenty). My emergence as a foetus in her lovely womb posed a threat to the family. I
appeared
like a bad omen, so they felt. From all account mum
was so scared, she was the last child and so the baby
of the house. Almost every decision are made for her.
Uncles insisted terribly that i must be aborted (i love
my uncles so much,
they're the best family i've ever had). They said the
baby (me) must be removed. They had their reasons
according to my grand mother she told me the story, i
understand their fears. I'm not angry with them, it was
a considerable reason. But dad refused, i guess he
managed to convince mum. But the heat was hot, my
grandma revealed. My uncles were so adamant on
aborting me. In fact it was almost done. It was just by
a stroke of a tiny luck i survived. Mum was too young, and smiling with such an embarrassment would be soul destroying. In fact she felt terrible, it's okay, no
one would be happy in such a situation. I understand her panic and i'm sorry for her now i came that way.
Her tommy was a little bigger and it showed terribly. A
little girl, not twenty having a child in the eighties when
life was more decent. Imagine the humiliations she
must have received. Besides mum was a people person, she was as strong as a man and so really had
some aggressive times with her age mates. I'm sure,
they must have mocked her, gossip her and even see her as a wayward kid. It's okay, good things
don't come easy. But, those people who i believe mocked her, now love me being around. Finally, nine
months arrived. It took so long. I guess mum got tired
of waiting. Doctor said i'm too fat in her womb. You
won't believe it, i'm slim, but where's the fats? And so
she was operated on. She showed me the needle lines some time ago. While the operation was going on. Another woman in another ward who had goiter(swelling of the thyroid gland-the big ball we sometimes see on people's neck) was
undergoing surgery as well, exactly the same time with
me. We both survived and right there in the hospital she gave me a special name-Obokoho meaning nothing is impossible
for God to do. This name took over, my childhood friends, family members called me this name. Nobody wanted the name mum and dad gave to me. And so
not everyone call me that name, it's special. Because a
story is behind it. It's
only those who know me from a tender age call me that name. That's how i love it to be. And right now, i'm the only son of my mum, the only reason she smile.
She called me one certain time and said she just want
to hear my voice. I'm the only brother to my sister. I've
great friends that touched my life as well as i touched
theirs. My uncles love and care for me. My dad is proud of me. I'm on NAIRALAND. I just sent my story to
Nairaland. I've falling in love once. It was the best feeling ever. I've a best meal (rice and stew). I love music (hip-hop). I love life,
i'm enjoying it. I love my best friends like crazy. They
miss me almost every minute. One of them called me and told me that he is grateful for the money i sent
him but there's just one problem his missing me. What
a true friend. I survived to see a black rule America.
My baby cry gave me the privilege to be a christian. I dream to be a philantropist someday. I give arms to beggars always. I've helped friends. I've been there for
people. I've touched lives. People have touched mine.
I've tasted tears and pain, i've felt the walls of a cell.
I've enjoyed peace and immense happiness. So much
have happened in my life. I've been a thing of joy and
happiness to people. Where ever i go, i impress people. They want me around, cos
when i'm around i turn things around to favour them.
Imagine i was aborted, you won't be reading this. So
much wouldn't have happened. And this explain why i
couldn't date a girl or indulge into sex cos i can't get a
girl pregnant when it's not time. Abortion don't exist in
my own world.

(Are you pregnant? And ashame of it?
Don't be. That child will be a miracle.) Keep it. Someday
you'll be happy you did like mum. I'm her only son. Her shelter when it rains. Her eyes, her breath, her
smile. My sister i'm sure is so happy
about it. She sometimes cries 4 me. Atleast, i'm there
for her. My grandma love me so much. My family does. I'm a thing of love to them. So discard the pills,
keep the joy in your womb. Give it a chance to bring
you love. I'm so sorry, the story is a long one. I hope i
touched your life. Anyway life goes on...CHEERS!

Cc:Lalasticlala
Re: My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. by richardjemedafe1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
pls diz can get to front page... Lets contact the moderators! It can save a life
Re: My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. by pinkycute(f): 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wowwww.... Interesting write up smiley
Re: My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. by VickyRotex(f): 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
Next time you wanna copy and paste. Do it well, Arrange it well. And always learn to reference the source.

Plagiarism is a great offence if you must know.

Nice Piece Btw.
Re: My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. by richardjemedafe1(m): 10:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
pinkycute:
Wowwww.... Interesting write up smiley

tenx boss
Re: My Story;how I Almost Got Aborted. by VickyRotex(f): 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
richardjemedafe1:

tenx boss

You dint write this. Stop taking someone else's praise, it's an offence. angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Lose Weight Without Stop Eating? It's Posible / Warning! Read What Too Much Masturbation Can Do To Your P*nis / Why Nigerian Parents Hardly Ever Visit The Hospital First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.