Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,248 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons (25505 Views)

Sudden One Month Quit Notice: Please We Need Advice On Solution / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
I rented a house where a friend solicit on my behalf through a woman called mama Mary. My friend met this woman to beg since we heard that the landlady doesn't want single tenant.

The struggle started as to who take bath in the bathroom. She compete with me for the bathroom just like waking up all her four kids as early as 4:00am, taking their bath one after the other for hours. But she and her kids works and school at three buildings distance from our compound. This woman (mama Mary) is a fellow tenant as I do. In fact, just a wall separates my room from hers. There was a time I went to meet her explaining reasons why she need to allow me take my bath first since where I work is far. Surprisingly, my plead finally cause enmity between us.

She finally succeed in helping the landlord to quit me from the room through her lies and others. My rent expired last month and I was called last night that I should quit the room in the next one month. Please what should I do? I'm in state of confusion now and depression. Right now, I couldn't afford to rent another room.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by missingrib(f): 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
eyaah....Pele dear

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Cutehector(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Face me I punch u

28 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by menix(m): 11:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
Do u ve ur receipt of last payment.

Just inform a lawyer, cous he has to give u 6 months notice else sue someone's axx...

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 11:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
menix:
Do u ve ur receipt of last payment.

Just inform a lawyer, cous he has to give u 6 months notice else sue someone's axx...
Yes, I packed in there not up to two years now. My first rent receipt expired last year October. I paid him three months after my first rent expired but no receipt for this. This three months rent was paid in his account.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:
Face me I punch u
But we are just four tenants

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Cutehector(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
sexysegggs:

But we are just four tenants
doesn't mean
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:
doesn't mean
Please help, what can I do?
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Cutehector(m): 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
U heard menix right.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by menix(m): 11:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
sexysegggs:

Yes, I packed in there not up to two years now. My first rent receipt expired last year October. I paid him three months after my first rent expired but no receipt for this. This three months rent was paid in his account.

Good u paid into his account but next time endeavor to get ur receipts cous he could still deny the payment as ur rent.

Go plead with ur landlord(which in my case I won't do), if he refuses don't fret about it.
When the 1 month elapses, he will certainly come again then tell him u ve not got a place yet nd u need extra 5month to complete the mandatory 6month.

Sure with this he would get where u re driving to, if u like when it's 6month take him court, this will give u another 6month to 1yr free accommodation.

Just start making arrangements for funds to move cous the above ain't going to be easy, the landlord will find every way to make ur living there Hell...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
menix:

Good u paid into his account but next time endeavor to get ur receipts cous he could still deny the payment as ur rent.

Go plead with ur landlord(which in my case I won't do), if he refuses don't fret about it.
When the 1 month elapses, he will certainly come again then tell him u ve not got a place yet nd u need extra 5month to complete the mandatory 6month.

Sure with this he would get where u re driving to, if u like when it's 6month take him court, this will give u another 6month to 1yr free accommodation.

Just start making arrangements for funds to move cous the above ain't going to be easy, the landlord will find every way to make ur living there Hell...
Thanks, I will start making preparation even in three to four months time.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by opalu: 6:58am On Feb 10, 2016
6 months is the standard. I have some guy and his family living free in my duplex for the past 5 months now. Because he has a lawyer friend advising him. I do not like involving my company lawyers because they are like wounded ' Tigreses'. So I just want them to pack out at the fulness of time at least for the sake of their children (I love children). But the parents are too proud and obstinate.

I advise you to use wisdom mixed with humility except you don't dream of owning houses that people will live in some years from now

21 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 9:56am On Feb 10, 2016
opalu:
6 months is the standard. I have some guy and his family living free in my duplex for the past 5 months now. Because he has a lawyer friend advising him. I do not like involving my company lawyers because they are like wounded ' Tigreses'. So I just want them to pack out at the fulness of time at least for the sake of their children (I love children). But the parents are too proud and obstinate.

I advise you to use wisdom mixed with humility except you don't dream of owning houses that people will live in some years from now
Thanks sir, I will take this advice.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by ladyF(f): 10:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
If u no like wahala, when you get money just move, you don't have to wait for 6 months because you will be dealing with harassment everyday. God go bless all of us sha, we go build houses and buy jet IJN.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

35 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by stanleyazo(m): 10:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
Landlords sha ...
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by TreasureTayo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmnnmm.... Do you have a close relationship with any of his family members Especially his wife? If yes... You don't expect anything less...

But don't worry.. You own house is on it way...!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by charmingeyes(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
Employ legal guidance. Be careful.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Scout60(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
first of all make sure u re not among those that supported the ambode when he gave them 21days ultimatum to move out from their shop.

just rally money and get ur valuables out first

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by techmart(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
one month...I thought it always 3months
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by surrogatesng: 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
go and beg him

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Fiwasayo(f): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
This one pass me o sad

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by CertifiedFreak(m): 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ignorance they say is no defence in law. Your landlord probably has the edge over you by not issuing you a receipt for the three months paid by you subsequently. I'm sure the bank teller with you doesn't state the purpose of the money paid into his account. He is a landlord and has probably dealt with occurrences of this nature hence the ace he played you. Your best would be to man up to him then threaten him with the mandatory six months you're entitled to, lots of doubt on that front though since you paid just for three months but hey he still could be an illiterate who might quake at the threat of a law suit. Luckily for you, the laws of equity will aid in respect of the teller as "equity looks at the intent rather than the form." Wish you luck and pick your battles carefully next time.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
sexysegggs:

Thanks, I will start making preparation even in three to four months time.
You paid 3 months thereby turning yourself to a tenant @ will.... One month is all you can get....
Doveda lare

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by dedons: 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
APC is responsible for this...

I hate that lie-lie party. cry

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
If ur rent is renewed every year, u get 6months quit notice.. If u pay every 6months, u get 3months quit notice...3months will amount to a month notice....Jst find anoda place and pay for..Lawyers will jst take advantage of u, dry up few bucks that can rent an apartment for u...

18 Likes

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by ignis: 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
Look for a better house. ..
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by omooba969(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by tuna4servi(m): 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
Go to him and beg him
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by amanikondo: 10:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
Face me I slap you wahala.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Jediel1(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
Meet him one on one and ask wat d problem is.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) / Construction Of Luxurious 4 Bedroom Raised Bungalow (with Pictures) / Premium Lifestyle Loewe: Best Of German Electronics Now In Victoria Island Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.