Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,024 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Best Decision You Have Ever Made - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Best Decision You Have Ever Made (428 Views)

Advice On Decision Making / UN Votes 128-9 To Reject US Decision On Jerusalem, 35 Abstentions / Inspired Daily Day #3: Decision Without Action Is No Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Decision You Have Ever Made by Nyceguy92: 2:50am On Feb 10, 2016
We have all made critical decisions in the past. At first, you didn't know for sure whether to go right or left.
Looking back, some of those decisions stand out as the best we have ever made because of the results that followed.

Decisions could be economic, religious, educational, work, family, marriage, etc.

For me, one of the best decisions I have ever made was few years ago.
I had been living and doing business in the city, only going home for the Christmas to see my people, especially my father.
He was no longer the active man he used to be and depended on me for upkeep.

I wouldn't know if it was my father's spirit at work but my business was no longer doing well and it was difficult to pay my bills.
An idea came to me that I could do better if I relocated my business to my town, where I was well known.
Besides, I would be closer to my dad who was over 80 years then and getting closer to the grave.
I weighed the odds of moving vs staying, hoping that tomorrow would be better.

To cut the story short, I relocated against popular opinion.
My business boomed. I personally nursed my dad and was there in his last moment on Earth.

You know how it is when you have been procrastinating about putting up "structures" and suddenly burial come dey stare you for face....
I was able to put things in order and run around for the burial....things that nobody would do for you.
I accomplished things I wouldn't have been able to do had I remained in the city because there was no money anyway.

Why am I sharing this story...?
The message is that if you have a strong conviction about anything, follow it.
Many people saw my action as retrogressive. It was odd to move from the city to one's town.
My spouse was not in favour initially but I stood my ground and I thank God I did.

Anyway, that was then. I am no longer in my town as I have moved elsewhere much better.
But several times over, I still congratulate myself for making that decision.

What has been your experience? Do share.

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Packaging Yourself – The Yakubu’s Liman Style / Most Expensive Commercial In History / What Lesson Can You Learn? Read And See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.