Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,368 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Do I Overcome Stage Fright - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Overcome Stage Fright (1314 Views)

How To Become Better Public Speaker And How To Overcome Your Speech Anxiety / Living With Fear Of Unknown: Steps To Overcome It? / How To Prevent/overcome Bad Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by Younggeek03(m): 6:43am On Feb 10, 2016
All of my life am not used to talking to people much, not to talk of standing in front of large number of different faces. recently at my school i aspire for an executive post which is the post of software director which is where am good at. after i passed through the interviews successfully, surprisingly i was given the post of tutorial director which requires me to teach people in classes.and that is where the problem lies. i usually had this fright just to introduce my self to much people on a stage(which is normal), and now talking for long hours?...The question now is how do i conquer stage fright. please... ur contributions will be appreciated.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by SolexxBarry(m): 6:53am On Feb 10, 2016
Ogogoro / sapele water can help ooooo,just saying sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by theorist(m): 7:00am On Feb 10, 2016
1. In the corner or you room facing a mirror, talk to yourself.
Imagine facing people and talking to them.

2. Have the believe that you are in charge (no matter the status of your audience). Believe you're better than them all.
*be careful not to build pride and arrogance.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by Omexonomy: 7:04am On Feb 10, 2016
SolexxBarry:
Ogogoro / sapele water can help ooooo,just saying sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
younggeek03 read my signaure.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by Younggeek03(m): 7:18am On Feb 10, 2016
theorist:

2. Have the believe that you are in charge (no matter the status of your audience). Believe you're better than them all.
*be careful not to build pride and arrogance.

thanks will definitely try that.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by Amoshie(m): 7:24am On Feb 10, 2016
The initial gra gra is always the problem. If you can overcome the fear in the first 10-20 seconds of your talk, then everything falls in place. The most important thing is to be well prepared. The knowledge alone that you are prepared and is not gonna embarrass yourself in public will boost your confidence. So know your stuff before mounting the podium.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by theorist(m): 7:36am On Feb 10, 2016
You are welcome.
3. What gives you head rush?

Try it sometimes...
Younggeek03:

thanks will definitely try that.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by asalimpo(m): 2:36am On Feb 14, 2016
Don't try to stop the fear. Just expose yourself to situations that trigger the fear, as against avoiding them, frequently.
Do these repeatedly and often until, the fear diminishes.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Try breathing in and out like thrice before facing the audience. It works.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by theorist(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Try breathing in and out like thrice before facing the audience. It works.

Nice one
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
theorist:
is that the cure, am also currently passing through this embarassed
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by theorist(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
stardragon:

is that the cure, am also currently passing through this embarassed

It works like magic
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by fetrillion(m): 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
Younggeek03:
All of my life am not used to talking to people much, not to talk of standing in front of large number of different faces. recently at my school i aspire for an executive post which is the post of software director which is where am good at. after i passed through the interviews successfully, surprisingly i was given the post of tutorial director which requires me to teach people in classes.and that is where the problem lies. i usually had this fright just to introduce my self to much people on a stage(which is normal), and now talking for long hours?...The question now is how do i conquer stage fright. please... ur contributions will be appreciated.
Don't be fast to speak, take it slow n speak one after d order.. Being so fast while speaking makes you vulnerable to mistake and error. Lastly, always see your audience as your student.. It makes you to take the full charge.
Re: How Do I Overcome Stage Fright by phoenix480(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
@Younggeek03

There is no quick win or magic pill for stage fright. You just have to get used to it - by doing it a LOT.

Focus on familiar faces in the crowd to give you confidence.

On a slightly contradictory advice, you can keep your focus at the back of the room. This gives a confident impression of looking at the entire crowd.

(1) (Reply)

Shawley Coker! We Say No To Slavery -massive Staff Protest!!!! (pictures) / Every 8 To 5 Workers Should Do This For Their Financial Security / Exposed:yoruba Lied On The First Lawyer In Nigeria !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.